Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Palm > LifeDrive
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #46
Ezikial Anta
Mustangs and Supras

Send a message via AIM to Ezikial Anta
I am having a MASSIVE PROBLEM...
You cant push more than one button at a time, this may not be a bug but I am praying it is. I am going to ask shark about this...

This spells doom for emulators and most games on this device...
Old 06-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #47
mareuter
Nuisance

here's a soft resetting bug I just discovered. Start in eReader and have the DIA hidden. Go Home and show the DIA. Start up eReader and then, seeing the DIA now present, click on the show/hide DIA button. -> soft reset.

peace,

Mike
mareuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #48
Gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareuter
here's a soft resetting bug I just discovered. Start in eReader and have the DIA hidden. Go Home and show the DIA. Start up eReader and then, seeing the DIA now present, click on the show/hide DIA button. -> soft reset.

peace,

Mike

nice. how much did you guys pay palm to be beta testers?

you make my decision to "pass" on the LD and keep my T3 taste that much sweeter.
Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #49
timepilot84

Quote:

Was having the same problem, and with Blazer as well. Then I removed the hacked up graffiti 1 libraries from my LD, and guess what? No Soft resets.

Apple Newton Messagepad 130 -> Palm Pilot 5000 -> Palm III -> Palm M105 -> Sony Clie 610c -> Palm Tungsten T -> Sony Clie TH55 -> P1 Tungsten T3 -> Sharp SL-6000L -> P1 Zire 31 -> P1 Tungsten T5 -> P1 LifeDrive & Dell Axim X50v-> Palm TX -> Dell Axim X51v -> Cingular 3125 -> Nokia N800
timepilot84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #50
frioman

one question did any of you guys tried a fresh profile as recomended by palmone
did you try to install one app at a time to see if its compatabile with the new memory structure. i did this and i found quite few older progs not compatabile, their prc file runs ok but there database file screws up the lifedrive and it caused quite a few resets and one hard reset. After that i find my LD lot more stable then the T5
frioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #51
Michael Quach

I've only had one problem with the LifeDrive, but it is a MAJOR problem. It just keeps getting stuck in this stupid soft reset loop. I've had it less than a week, and have had to hard reset a dozen times already.

Does anyone know a way around this?
Michael Quach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #52
Ezikial Anta
Mustangs and Supras

Send a message via AIM to Ezikial Anta
Yeah, If you hold the UP key while you press the reset button and keep holding the up key till the Life Drive goes into "safe mode" you can delete whatever crashed it, or change the necessary files.
Hard Resets should be rare.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #53
frioman

this i propably why your gonna have to install one app at a time to catch the one causing the reset loop. Example Aol for palm ran but when it updated its database caused the LD to reset. i know i spent a good after noon to figure it out
Old 06-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #54
mareuter
Nuisance

I installed each app one at a time, and not from the backup from my TC. I'm also running Uninstall Manager, so I can see (and remove if needed) everything that gets installed with an app. I've got the stock Graffiti2 installed - no hacks of any sort.

I've actually only got a couple of things installed:
eReader Pro
Asia
Championship Euchre
Docs To Go
Agendus 9.05
ClockDeluxe
Farkle
SpaceTrader

All are the most recent versions available.

peace,

Mike
mareuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #55
frioman

hi heres a prime example unistall manager works ok but not perfect try each option and you will see that unistall manager will crash your unit , goto delete 'a68k' files and you will see it go into a reset
Old 06-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #56
Michael Quach

Quote:
Originally Posted by frioman
this i propably why your gonna have to install one app at a time to catch the one causing the reset loop. Example Aol for palm ran but when it updated its database caused the LD to reset. i know i spent a good after noon to figure it out

Actually, I don't think I've ever had a successful soft reset (even when I initiate it myself).

I'm beginning to think it's not application related.... Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:59 AM   #57
palmjob

Quote:
John,

Do you have any apps pending to be installed? I'd delete them from the hotsync queue and also look on the LD to see if anything got partially installed that might be fouling things up as well.

Just my $.02,

Mike

I've checked that also and had several apps waiting to be installed (with the yellow icon) and deleted them. Still didn't fix the probleem.
Thnaks for the advice, though.
palmjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:48 AM   #58
FrankG

Quote:
Originally Posted by frioman
one question did any of you guys tried a fresh profile as recomended by palmone
did you try to install one app at a time to see if its compatabile with the new memory structure. i did this and i found quite few older progs not compatabile, their prc file runs ok but there database file screws up the lifedrive and it caused quite a few resets and one hard reset. After that i find my LD lot more stable then the T5

I found out over on Brighthand that AIM (AOL IM) is death to the LD. It had causes a bunch of hard resets until I went to the one app at a time approach including keeping generations of the BACKUP folder. All has been very stable.

Can we post keep a stuck list of compatible / incompatible apps somewhere? Such a list was started on LDcentral but there's not a lot of traffic there.

AIM kills the LD

I'd like to know about
- Scroll5 "hack"
- Timecopy (syncs the clock to the PCs)
- Bigclock / 9.95 clock

Frank
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #59
Zano2004
Palm Junkie

Returning LD to CompUSA

Well, it started out nice enough, but after a while (10 days or so) my LD started displaying bad behavior. The digitizer locked-up to the point that I did a soft reset. When that didn't work, I did the hard, secure, 30 minute long, wipe the 4 gig hard drive reset. And that didn't work at first, but finally I was able to recalidrate the digitizer and regained control. Then I noticed that the IR was not working in either direction. I may have missed that since I was using bluetooth to transfer some stuff from my T5 until just the other day. Then I started having too many crashes during WiFi operations. Then the LD started having a problem of loading external applications. It could not tell the difference between the hard drive and my SD card. With the exception of the IR problem, the other problems have been intermittent. When I bought the LD I also bought CompUSA's 2 year walk-in replacement policy. So I could exchange it for another unit, but I remembered a problem I had with the Palm V when it first came out. There was a production run of Vs that had defective SD card slots that would not hold a card in place. I got 3 replacements (4 total units) and it wasn't easy. I had to throw a hissy the last time because they informed me that their replacement policy entitled me to ONE replacement only..... So while I'm still covered by CompUSA's 21 day no questions return policy, they're getting it back and I'll wait to see how the dust settles. Most likely, my unit was defective, not the entire production run, but there is that chance of the first run having problems and I'm not about to go through the possible pains that would go along with that. My T5 is solid as a rock and does what I need. The LD adds "toys" that I do like, but can live without ....

Last edited by Zano2004 : 06-03-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Zano2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #60
Michael Quach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG
I found out over on Brighthand that AIM (AOL IM) is death to the LD. It had causes a bunch of hard resets until I went to the one app at a time approach including keeping generations of the BACKUP folder. All has been very stable.

Can we post keep a stuck list of compatible / incompatible apps somewhere? Such a list was started on LDcentral but there's not a lot of traffic there.

AIM kills the LD

I'd like to know about
- Scroll5 "hack"
- Timecopy (syncs the clock to the PCs)
- Bigclock / 9.95 clock

Frank

I can confirm this. AIM is what has been causing my crashes and reset loops. I've removed it, and haven't had a problem yet.