KeyQuick + UX keyboard.
= drop your stylus away !
WARNING : Im not fluent in English at all. I have translated what I see on my French UX. So, Im sure that they are many mistakes, feel free to say it.
Remember what the author, himself, says : "There might be other unknown remaining issues."
Many thanks to
- Lmame, another frenchman in 1src.
- Kappa/Kallman. Look page 4
. If you know some other tricks, please, say it, you are welcome ! A/ What is standard in your UX : A/ 1/ Keyboard backlight:
Go to Préférences/Extension, keyboard light -> on. You will see a backlight when you will use your keyboard. A/ 2/ Hard buttons.
You can remap NetFront, CliéMail and DateBook in : Préférences/Buttons, all can turn on your Clié. N.B.: when you see : click « Ctrl+anything », it is not necessary to click on « Ctrl » and « anything » in the same time. You can click on « Ctrl » and after click on « anything ». Only if you have KeyQuick "ON".
If you don't have KQ, you must press the 2 keys in the same time. Good exercice for your fingers ! A/ 3/ Launch 10 applications with Ctrl+number :
Go to : Préférences/Extension, keyboard shortcuts -> you can choose 10 applications (not DA) to launch with CTRL+number from the upper row. A/ 4/ Action Ctrl + letter.
Ctrl+K will show you many built in shortcuts
, specially :
Ctrl+M = click on menu, you cannot navigate inside the sub-menus of the application. With KeyQuick, you can ! Here's the result :
In this screen shot, if you press the hard key "r", you get a soft rest.
Ctrl+R = stylus stroke. You can configure this stylus stroke in : Préférences/Buttons/Stylus -> 6 choices : backlight, brightness, keyboard, graffiti help, turn off and lock, beam.
Ctrl+T = pop up the toolbar. If you use DA and Dalauncher5.0, Ctrl+double click on T launches the list of your Das. B/ Third party applications to have more functionnalities in your keyboard : Stay simple, dont try difficult things when the shortcut is standard !!
Don't forget to have a look in Ctrl+K. B/ 1/ KeyQuick
: shareware, 10 USD.
I have made this tutorial using Version 1.3.1 of KQ, if you don't have the same results, check what version you are using. Excellent soft
not easy to understand, the users guide has been tranlated with babelfish, the author doesnt speak english ! KQ has been made for TG50 keyboard, not for UX keyboard.
This fact doesnt make the explanations always easy to understand. B/ 1/ a/ What can we do with KeyQuick ?
We can use the keyboard to :
- Launch any application or DA.
- Get a pop-up with the 8 recent applications.
- Get a pop-up with your 12 prefered applications or functions or what you want.
- Get a cursor on your screen.
- Get a clock everywhere.
- Leave a DA.
- Tap where you want on your screen.
- Choose a field to select.
- Use audio remote control.
- May be more
Remember that the shortcuts you have made with
KeyQuick, dont work in
KeyQuick. Unzipping :
you get many pretty things, Keyquick japanese (no need, I dont speak japanese), KeyQuick english (this, you need), KeyQuick DA, 8 DA from KeyQuickF0 to KeyQuickF7 (you import if you want, I dont use them). There is also a users guide that no one can understand ! Stability of KQ:
not perfect. Sometimes your shortcuts dont work or a key has a bad response, keep relax and soft rest your device. All will be OK after. DAs :
- KeyQuick DA to launch the « sidemenu ». Not absolutely necessary, there is an other way to launch the side menu
- KeyQuickF0 à F7 : this are 8 DA "presetted" but you can remap them.
For instance, you go to Keyquick/menu, Function DA Settings, you have 8 choices for the 8 DA Fx :
For example, if you take the first line, you « edit », choose "SystemDef" and select "Silkscreen show/hide", if you launch DA F0 with a DALauncher (Mc Philing or DA Launcher), the silkscreen will go up/down.
Becareful, the author has given the number from 0 to 7.
So, the first line is for F0 etc
I dont use this pack of DAs. B/ 1/ b/ KeyQuick Basic
(for the moment, Im OK) Note : after having created a new shortcut, its sometimes necessary to soft reset your unit. For the setting panels : Fn = hard key with a blue point on your keyboard.
If you click on « ON », you will be able to navigate inside the menu and sub-menus of your application with the up/down and left/right arrows. You can valid with enter. Very useful with DateBK ! - « EasySetup » · Control Tap :
Normaly clicking "Ctrl"+"Tab" (I think it is the default configuration ?) gives you a pink cursor (pretty color !).It is possible to move this cursor with the arrows left/right or the jog dial and valid your choice with enter or press the jog.
It is possible to get contro tap with a different way in KQ extent. The functionality will be the same. Side menu
(looks like McPhling): allow you to get a screen with up to 12 applications or functionnalities.
- scroll with the jog or up/down arrows, valid with enter.
Side menu is not very configurable in "basic" but much more in "extent. - Personnalisation of SideMenu, RecentApplication, Clock, control tap :
You can choose the color of the text, of the back ground, of the selected application in KQ basic / menu/ function color. B/ 1/ c/ KeyQuick Extent
Click on « basic » -> you get « extent »(I dont know all about KQ extent, may be 30 % ?).
screen of KQ extent.
- get a pop-up with the last 8 applications you used
Example : I want to get this menu clicking on « Shift »+ »BS ».
On the panel just over, BS is darker, click on « edit » -> panel « KeyPref », click on « shift », Assign : « function », KeyQuickExt : Recent application.
And, youpii ! When you click on « Shift »+« BS » you will see a very nice pop-up. You can navigate in this pop-up with the 4 (or 2) arrows. How to make your own SideMenu :
KeyQuick Extent, click on sideMenu -> you get a pop-up with : Pref1/Pref2/Menu item.
- With Pref1, you choose how to launch sidemenu. Back repeat is standard. I think that when the author writes "repeat" he means "long press". Personnaly, I get this menu with a long press on "back" and I didn't make my own configuration.
- With Pref2, you can choose to press a key to get direct acces to the application you have choosen in the side menu.
- With Menu item, you can choose what you want to see in sidemenu and the order. The choice is enormous !! How to add a function to sidemenu:
KeyQuick extent/SideMenu/menu item -> panel « PgmList ». Click on « Add » -> panel AddItem. You should see a small triangle and Appl in front, click on appl -> pop-up with : Appl / DA / KeyQuickExt / SystemDef / ATOK / Field / Audio remote control.
- Appl : all the applications which are in your UX.
- DA : all the DA which are in your UX.
- KeyQuickExt : clock, launcher, control tap, trial of DA stop, last appl launch, recent application, combination release, side menu, function suspend.
- SystemDef : almost what you find in Ctrl+K to select a function, + brightness, power off, lock.
- ATOK : ?? may be for Japanese ?
- Field : almost what you find in Ctrl+K to select a field.
- Audio remote control : Play, Stop, FR, FF, volume down, Volume up.
Tap on the item you want to add, tap OK -> you will see the panel PgmList with the new item you have added. You can change the order with the 2 virtual arrows. Tap done. Other explanation
about "SideMenu". How to get a clock every where ?
· Why not holding « tab » ? Are you OK ?
· KeyQuick/extent, click on « Tab » then edit -> you arrive on KeyPref, click on Comb :Singl, Assign :Function, KeyQuickExt, clock -> click on « OK ».
· -> You will see a digital clock at the bottom of your screen. How to create a shortcut to launch an application ?
I dont use KQ to launch an application, I prefer Ctrl+number.
Do you really want to use KQ ? OK !
Lets suppose you want to launch hotsync with Ctrl+d.
-> go to KQ extent -> click Add, you should see a square with Please push
.tap., click on d -> you arrive on KeyPref panel, Tgtkey :d, click on Comb:Ctrl, Assign : Launch, appl . There, you click on hotSync -> click on OK, at the bottom of the screen.
-> if you click on Ctrl+d, you will get the hotSync screen. Easy ! How to create a shortcut to launch a DA ?
Almost the same thing than for an application.
At the end, when you are in front of Assign : launch, appl. Click on appl, you will see DA, click on DA -> you will see the list of your DAs. Click on the one you want to launch.
- How to simulate a click on the screen to leave a DA :
- The goal is to find : Trial of DA stop.
Example : you want to leave the DAs with Ctrl+i .
* KeyQuick/extent-> click on "Add" -> you see a square with "please push...tap)." -> click on i.
* -> "KeyPref" panel, TgtKey : i, click on "Ctrl", click assign: "Function"/ KeyQuickExt , click "Trial of DA stop"
* click in the square "Priority is Ctrl out of the field".
· click « OK ». -> Ctrl+i will close the opened DA.
Some DA refuse to obey.
. MisosiruDA is among those bad DAs. ToolBar and DAs.
I don't know if it is a result of KQ.
Ctrl+T+T , launch a pop-up with the list of your DAs.
Pessing the hard key with the first letter of the aimed DA put the cursor on the first DA beginnig with this letter -> valid with "enter" -> here's your DA !
You have to click once ,or twice, on the hard key.
If Ctrl+T+T doesn't give a good result : use SelectDA
, it's a DA launching others DAs. Create a KeyBoardshortcut to launch it, it will be good.
- How to click on a rectangle with a function in some application :
- Example : in « contacts » (or adress book) there is, at the bottom, a rectangle with New inside.
- Do you want to get this result with Ctrl+n ? Yes ? Lets go !
- KeyQuick/Extent/Add-> click on « n » -> Panel « KeyPref », TgtKey : n, Comb : Ctrl, Assign : Ctrl direct tap -> click on the rectangle with « Label none » inside -> You arrive on a new panel :« Edit », there, you write EXACTLY what is in the aimed rectangle, included capital letters (block letters ?) and ponctuation. For you, you write New
(not in color) -> click OK
- Click : "Priority is Ctrl out of the field". Et voilà !
-This Ctrl+n can work also if the rectangle with the function « New » is called « Nuevo » or nouveau or what you want, in an other application. To get this result make again what you have done before till « Edit » panel, there you write all the names written in the aimed rectangles, you separate the words with « : » WITHOUT space. The result should be :New:Nuevo:nouveau
. (not in color, again)
- It is not necessary for all the words to have the same first letter, you can regroup :Deleteel:Supprimer
or what you want ! (supprimer = delete, in French) How to click anywhere on the screen :
The following explanation works always.
- You have to imagine that your screen is 160x160 and put the origine of (X,Y) on the left side, in the upper corner .
- To simulate a tap on the screen, you have to create a shortcut as usual and look for screen tap.
Example : I want to simulate a tap on (50,60) using Fn+j :
Keyquick/Extent/Click « Add », press « j »
-> panel KeyPref with TgtKey:j, comb: click on Fn, Click in front of Assign to get a pop-up.
In this pop-up tap on Screen tap, tap on coordinates, Start pos : topLeft, Xpos 50, Ypos 60.
You click in front of "priority is Ctrl out of the field"
-> when you will pres "Fn + j" you will get the same thing than a tap on the point with coordinates (X=50, Y=60)
Ive made some extra tests with this way of doing and here are my results :
- If 160<X<224, usually, it works.
- If X>223, it never works.
- It is not possible to tap on the status bar. Cursor : ??
Question : instead of coordinates, you can get cursor, who uses it and how does it works ?
I wonder if this cursor is what you get when you press Ctrl + PgUp/PgOn ? Rolling the jog gives the same thing !
You should give a try to CursorDA, link at the end of this message. Contrl tap
(do you remember the pink cursor ?)
- I think Ctrl+Tab is standard to launch it. If you want an other short cut, you can create it . « controltap » is in « Assign :function/keyquickext ».
- You can choose where « controTap » will begin to navigate on your screen :
- KeyQuick/extent: tap on ControlPref » -> new panel « ControTap Pref », in front of Init Label there is an empty rectangle, tap on this rectangle -> new panel « Edit ». There, you write exactly what is in the rectangle you want to go.
Example : You want « contolTap » to begin with « det » (detail of an appointment in DateBK5)
Go to : KeyQuick/extent/controlPref/ControlTapPref.
Click on the empty rectangle in front of: Init Label -> panel « edit » -> write Det -> tap « OK » -> tap « done » -> your cursor will begin on Det.
If, for an other application, you want the cursor to begin on « Modify », make all what you have done before till panel « Edit ». There, you add Modify to Det, you separate the 2 words with « : ». Dont put a space, dont write . You should see : Det:Modify Contro tap, extended mode
BEWARE : when « contrlTap » is on screen, pressing « m » lead to a blue pop-up with "extended mode start." or "extended mode stop."
"Extended mode vs Normal mode: in normal mode, you can cycle through mostly buttons, drop down lists and the like (using jog dial or the cursor keys); in Extent mode you can cycle to any area on the screen that can be tapped, e.g. the hours, icons, etc. in DateBk5 or similar things in other applications. You enter Extent mode by pressing m and you leave also by pressing m. Kind of hard to explain but give it a try" How to remember all the shortcuts you have created ? :
(Dont create too many shortcuts or you will be lost.)
(Dont forget to see in Ctrl+K if the shortcut already exists.)
So, create a new category in memo, call it KeyQuick. Make a list of your creations. With Damemopad
, you will be able to see your shortcuts where ever you are. How to simulate a click on the 5 icons on the sides of the graffiti zone:
The following solutions work if the graffiti zone is up or down.
- Home = launcher = Ctrl+H. (standard)
- Menu = Ctrl+M. (standard)
- Calc : import SnapCalc5
which is a freeware application working like a DA. If you like DAs, you can use CalCalDA
and create a shortcut. SnapCalc is better.
- Find = Ctrl+F. (standard)
- Brightness : you can configure Ctrl+R (= stylus stroke, in pref/buttons/stylus) to get the brightness pop-up or you can use KQ to create a shortcut. Go to : KQ extent/ KeyPref/ assign:Function/ SystemDef/ Brightness (almost the last one of the list). Adjust brightness with the jog. You can adjust brightness with the 2 arrows Up/dOwn but not so easyly. Close the pop-up clicking on Done, for me, I just press "enter". How to simulate a click on the standard icons of the status bar:
Note that the coordinates way of clicking on a point doesnt work in the status bar.
- Blue arrow = Ctrl+G.
- Arrows up/down = Fn + PgUp/PgOn.
- Clock : the easier way is to use what we have seen in how to get a clock everywhere.
- If you like DAs, you can import CoolDAs
which can be launched with Dalauncher5
(Ctrl+T+T) or with a short cut in KQ. Go to : KQ extent/ keyPref/ Assign:Launch/ Appl->DA./ choose your DA. DA are easier to open and close than a plain application.
- MS = Ctrl+E (standard)
- Loud speaker = Ctrl+A. (standard)
- Battery = Ctrl+B. (standard)
- Menu = Ctrl+M. (standard)
- Home = Ctrl+H. (standard) Dark contour:
A function of KQ is that if you just turn it on, than you can press the OK (Done and similar) buttons just by pressing the jog dial or enter. Works just like on Windows. You will know if pressing jog dial will press a button (and which one it will press) if you look at the thickness of the line around the buttons. The thick contoured button will be pressed, the others will not (unless you use the control tap). Often the Back keyboard button will press Done and Cancel so you can also try that out and see what it does in different screens (e.g. in the brightness screen, pressing the Back button will press the Done button and will save your settings). So in general you can press the jog dial to confirm and exit, press the Back button to cancel and exit or sometimes to confirm and exit, depending on what other buttons you see. If you see a Cancel button, then the Back button will press that first, otherwise it presses the Done/Ok/etc buttons. Finally, there is some built in support for the jog dial = OK/Done button, e.g. in the built-in Address book." B/ 2/ Other softs to remap the keyboard :
- Flex Button
Shareware, 10 USD.
, freeware. Can turn off your device when you close the clamshell. I don't know if OKey makes a good mix with KQ ?
, to get a cursor that you can move on all the screen with the jog and the 2 arrows left/right or with the 4 arrows. Valid with enter. It is, sometimes, quicker to use the stylus but it is funny to play Tic-Tac-Toe without touching the screen. Let's talk about cursorDA, THERE
- PtoolPointer, part of PtoolSet, can also give you a cursor, I didn't test it. C/ Links :
- Author web site
Who made, among others applications : HeFontMapper ( :wink: ), FlexButton, AppShelf, CodeDiver....
- Accessoiries for UX.
of KQ by Joel.
- Some explanations
about KeyQuick in TG50 forum.
I wonder what is the most difficult to understand for you : the babelfish translation or my english ? **************************************************
Here's what Kappa can understand about the "janglish" user's guide !
************************************************** Kappa/kalman is great and can understand the babelfish translation !
Here's what he has found ! (his english has no comparison with mine, sorry, I do my best ) If you want to have a look to all this functions, go to KeyQuick extent, tap on "Edit" and let's navigate.
To exit, press hard button "back", no short cut will be created. Here's what KQ can launch :
In keyPref/ Assign: Launch/ Appll or DA :
- launch any application + DA + Others
"hidden" applications (in alphabetical order): AliasExtension (?), Applications/Home, Beam, Bluetooth (P = part of Prefs program, so you can quickly go to each panel in Prefs), Buttons (P), Calc, CardInfo, CmPlEdit (maybe ClieMail?), Connection (P), Copy, Date/Time (P), Device Manager, Dial, Digitizer (P), ExifRotator (maybe the software that flips the screen when you rotate the screen from clamshell to tablet?), Extension (P), FileDB, Formats (P), General (P), Graffiti2, HRFonSel (sg for hi-res fonts I assume), Move, NetLib Config (?), Network (P), Owner (P), Phone (P), Power Saving (P), Prefs (P), PrintKun (?), PSLaunch (?), Remove, Security (P), Send, Shortcuts (P), T-Checker (?), Welcome (P) In KeyPref/Assign:Function/KeyQuickExt, you can get :
- KQ extensions: clock (clock pops up in lower right corner or shows up in Side menu), launcher (to launch 8 applications/DAs/commands, etc), control tap, trial of DA stop (stop a DA that's running), last appl launch (like Alt+Tab in windows), recent applications (like Alt+Tab but this one doesn't switch immediately like the one before but shows a list of 8 recently used programs), combination release (releases ****, Ctrl or Fn if pressed), side menu (pop up list with 12 applications/DAs/commands, etc.), function suspend (adds the currently running application to KQ's list to suspend KQ during the given application; if an application is running and you call this command by a previously assigned key combination then this takes you to KQ and pops up the window where you can set the suspend settings for the given program) in Keypref/Assign:Function/SystemDef, you can get :
- System defaults (I think it's a bit more than what's in Ctrl+K): Silkscreen show/hide (Ctrl+G), Home (H), Previous/Next field (O, P), Graffiti Help (G), Volume (A), Battery (B), Media Info (E), Menu (M), Command bar (T), Brightness (R), PowerOff (this one is not in Ctrl+K), Lock (this one is not there either) In KeyPref/Assign:Function/ATOK, you can get :
- ATOK (Japanese keyboards, signs) Only for japanese In KeyPref/Assign:Function/Field, you can get :
- Field (this one is totally new by KQ, none of these are in Ctrl+K or the Palm OS/Clie factory settings; these are to quickly move around and select text in a field -- I found this extremely useful): Line top (= Home), Line bottom (= End), Select line top/bottom (same as first two but selects text from cursor position to Home/End), Field top/bottom (jump to beginning/end of field), Select ... (same as before but selects text), Select up/down line (selects text one line up/down), Zoom in/out (enlarges text font in given field) In KeyPref/Assign:Function/Audio remote control, you can get :
- Audio remote (as you described it) Play, stop, volume down, volume up, FR, FF Others
- any character you can write in Graffiti (also very useful) In keyPref/Assign:ScreenTap/Coordinates or Cursor, you can chose the key combination and coordonates of the place where you screen tap will go :
- screen tap by coordinates (tap anywhere on screen except for taskbar) and
- screen tap where cursor is (very useful: allows you to double or triple tap exactly where the cursor is: if the "double" checkbox is not selected, than then it's a double tap, ie the word gets selected, if the checkbox is selected, it's a triple tap, ie the whole line gets selected) In KeyPref/Assign:Sentence, you can chose a key combination to write a sentence:
- sentence (puts in any word or sentence you typed in; sometimes if the graffiti character solution doesn't work, this one still will) In KeyPref/Assign:Ctrl direct tap, you can:
Chose a key combination to launch this tap and chose where you tap.
- ctrl direct tap (as you said: you assign New to this and a key combination and the New button will be pressed in any application)
You can get these in the following places:
- Key combinations: can launch
all of the above, Launcher: only the first bullet point in the above list, in
Side menu, you can add
: all except the last four bullet points, NOT : "CtrlDirectTap", "sentence", "ScreenTap/coordonates", "ScreenTap/cursor". Others
- hold mode: if not selected, then the launcher panel only shows when you have the assigned key combination pressed. Works like Alt+Tab in windows: if you press and hold Alt, then pressing Tab moves you around the switch application window but if you release Alt then the currently selected application launches. Use it in Palm the same way if Ctrl+L is Launcher: press and hold ctrl, keep pressing L until you get to your program, releasing ctrl starts program currently selected. This means you don't need to press enter/jog dial to select a program but have to keep pressing Ctrl until you found program). Basically needs both hands for navigation KeyQuick, Extent, SideMenu:
- you can show/hide icons
- Thin width for larger pop-up. KeyQuick extent. Tap on Menu (or Ctrl+m), you get a pop-up with : UI Setting, System Setting, Function Suspends, Function DA Settings, Function color, Indication color, About KeyQuick. * UIsettings
- scroll on pgup/dn: probably only for tg50
- OK button to be pressed by jog dial/enter: only for alert, dialogs, both or neither
- combination: sticky = press ctrl/shift/fn once and it sticks until next button pressed, toggle = it is either on or off (like CapsLock in windows)
- cancel by app switch: status of ctrl/shift/fn released if you quit an application
- other combination cancel: if on, then if you have e.g. shift pressed once and press ctrl then ctrl is not turned on but only shift is cancelled
- state on statusbar: ctrl = only ctrl indicator is added to statusbar, FEP = additionally, an indicator of OFF is added if nothing has been pressed * System settings
- KQ functionality limited...: KQ works only with limited functionality during ARM-code based applications (HotSync, Netfront, PicselViewer) to avoid problems with these apps (e.g. KQ extent functions, Sidebar, Launcher do not work in these apps) -- can experiment with unchecking this but some apps might crash
- audio remote ctrl: not for UX
- tap comp w/ version 1: check if contrl tap doesn't work
- system residence priority: change from default one if performance of system drops when using KQ (e.g. slow response from buttons) * Function suspends
I don't understand most of these
(( [Ctrl lock ??] * Function DA setting:
For the pack of DA launching possibilities that come with KeyQuick zip I copy and paste his message because I don't understand all ! **************************************************
Here's the original readme.txt, all in "janglish". Thanks to babelfish !
Copyright© 2003,2004 Hiroaki Imazeki All rights reserved.
* 1. Introduction
* 2. About the Demo Version
* 3. Legal Stuff
* 4. Notes on Use
* 5. Installation
* 6. Uninstallation
* 7. Usage
* 8. Customization
* 9. Default setup
* 10. Limitations
* 11. Developer Contact Information
KeyQuick is the program which is easier to use the keyboard function of OS5
loading CLIEs, such as PEG-TG50, and extends it (*1). A basic function (the
menu and jog operation by the cursor key) can be immediately used now by
turning ON a function after introduction.
Moreover, it is also possible for KeyQuick to perform various extension in
accordance with the input style of an application or a sentence which sets
up the following items and is using them usually besides basic
- Assignment to a key, or starting according an application/DA to a simple
- Operate edit by the scroll method or the cursor key like the keyboard of
- Mode change when pushing combination keys, such as Ctrl, (lock function
- The side menu function which registers the function used well and is
called in pop-up form.
When a setup is changed, the application which becomes unstable also has
operation and it may become the situation which carries out worst
hard reset.@So you need to backup all data?using MSBackup or other apps
2.About the Demo Version
The programs in this package are being made available as shareware for $10.00.
You can try out this demo version for 30 days after KeyQuick being
initially installed in your PalmOS device. To continue using the program, please send
payments through Handango.
Upon payment, the registration key will be made available for download.
Upon installing this key in the PalmOS device, program restrictions will be
removed. Registration status can be viewed in the KeyQuick "About" screen.
* Notice before payment.......
The KeyQuick interrupts the internal process of PalmOS, and changes
keyboard function etc.. So, there are some application that cannot
work well with KeyQuick. And I have no assurance for working on the future
PalmOSes and applications, too.
3. Legal Stuff
- All rights for the programs contained within this package belong to the
KeyQuick developer (Imazeki Hiroaki, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The programs contained within this package are to be distributed as
- The developer bears no responsibility for any losses incurred with any
use or non-use of the programs contained within this package. Furthermore,
the developer may not be required to resolve any issues that may surface.
- Send bug reports and requests to the developer by email.
- It is prohibited to alter anything in the PRC file.
- Consult beforehand with the developer before distributing the programs
contained in this package.
- Except for articles to be used in magazines, consult beforehand with the
developer before writing about this software .
4. Notes on Use
- Operate by CLIE(OS5.x) with a built-in keyboard.
- Please take out KeyQuick.prc from the downloaded file and introduce on
CLIE by HotSync etc. In addition, KeyQuick.prc is the Japanese message
version. Both functionally, although there is no difference, in the case
of the Japanese version, a 2 byte character label sets up by the initial
cofiguration of label selection etc.
- In order to start a side menu from DA, please introduce KeyQuickDA.prc
- When a function is assigned to DA, please introduce KeyQuickF0-7.prc
(It is stored in the DAs folder.)
- When you start DA, please introduce DAHelper.prc similarly.
- When you use an audio remote control function, be careful of the following
When it is the model to which the hard remote control device is not
attached (TG50 etc.), KeyQuick creates the virtual remote control library
(KeyQuickRmcLib) which becomes instead of hard remote control, after
In order to make AudioPlayer recognize this library, it is necessary to
introduce in the order of the following.
- Please remove the check of "Enable Background Play" with the setting
menu of AudioPlayer in advance.
- If you remove, please introduce KeyQuick and perform activity-ization.
- Finally please attach the check of AudioPlayer again.
- Above, a library is recognized from AudioPalyer.
In addition, after completing recognition once, the check of AudioPlayer
can perform stop and activity-ization, attached.
When you have already introduced in the state where the check is attached by
AudioPlayer, please re-start AudioPlayer and attach a check again, after
removing the check of AudioPlayer. Or the same is said of soft reset.
It can delete from the deletion menu of a home (or CLIELauncher) screen
like a usual application. However, when you are the model to which the
hard remote control device is not attached (TG50 etc.), before deletion,
please remove the check of "audio remote control support" from the setting
menu of KeyQuick, and perform soft reset. Unless it performs this work,
the virtual remote control library (KeyQuickRmcLib) which KeyQuick created
is not deleted.
When you deleted before removing a check, and a virtual remote control
library remains, please introduce KeyQuick again and carry out the
(After a trial employment period end can carry out this work)
Run KeyQuick from home screen, and tap "ON" button.
KeyQuick stays, and changes keyboard function you set.
Run KeyQuick from home screen, and tap "OFF" button. KeyQuick stops working.
7-3. Extension of Basic Operation
If KeyQuick resides permanently by "7-1. Activation", compared with a
standard state, the following operations will be attained from a Jog or
keyboard. In addition, basic operation can be used in the state of
the initial cofiguration immediately after KeyQuick introduction, even
if it does not perform a setup described by "8. extension of the function
- Jog Extention.
"Control tap" starts with holding Jog. The button currently displayed on
the screen can be tap by operation of Jog.
* A conflict with other already introduced permanent residence system
programs may occur. In such a case, please change one of setup.
In order to set a Jog repeat setup of KeyQuick to None, it can set up
by carrying out the tap of "EasySetup" button.
- Dialogbox Extention.
When a dialog box is displayed, except for some dialog boxes to which the
list display etc. is carried out, buttons, such as OK, can choose by Jog
push or the new-line of a keyboard.
- Control tap function.
It is the function which chooses the button mainly displayed on the screen
by operation of a keyboard.
Please think a function which was like button selection of a dialog box
moving by TAB key in the case of usage, and choosing Windows by new-line.
(At KeyQuick, a selection item moves with cursor)
- A display of a side menu.
A side menu is a menu which registers in advance the function used well
and calls it in pop-up form. From a side menu, it can perform adding the
application under operation to a functional pause list etc.In addition,
a side menu is displayed by a push of a keyboard of Alt+Tab or
Ctrl+CapsLock, or Capture button.
* Assignment of a starting key, edit of an item, etc. can be performed
from "Easy setup" of a main screen. In addition, please refer to
"8-3. Assignment of Function " about the details of a function.
- Operation of a menu.
The menu which carries out by having pushed Ctrl+M and is displayed from
a menu button or a keyboard is operated vertically and horizontally with
cursor like the keyboard of PC(At CenterJog device, it is a Jog+LR button),
and can be chosen by new-line.
- Command tool bar.
If a slash is written to the upper right for Graffiti area from the lower
left or Ctrl+T is pushed from a keyboard, a command tool bar will be
displayed. The icon of a tool bar can be chosen now by pushing Ctrl+T
Ctrl+R and Ctrl+E.
- Cursor keys.
Although Ctrl+ cursor upper and lower sides, a new-line, and BS can perform
the emulation of jog operation also in the usual state, on the screen which
omits edit of a title list of a memo pad etc. when KeyQuick resides
permanently, the same effect as having operated the jog can be acquired by
the thing which pushed the cursor vertical key etc. independently and to
do, without carrying out simultaneous aggressiveness with Ctrl.
- KB100 + CLIE Organizer exception handling
Some exception handling is added to CLIE Organizer.
Item delital of Datebook tab
- A Jog push and a new-line are the tap of the OK button.
- It is the input of a new-line character by Ctrl + new-line push.
- It is the start to a control tap by the cursor key up or down.
- Operation extension of time and the date dialog.
- It shifts to an edit screen in a Jog push or a new-line on an item
- It moves to an order item by the cursor up or down on an edit screen.
ToDo List tab
- ON/OFF of the check [ at the time of item selection ] by Jog push.
- It is edit of an item by new-line at the time of item selection.
- Decision of the edit at the time of item edit by new-line. It is the
input of a new-line character at Ctrl + new-line.
- Addition of the object button of a control tap.
(It limits to what can be operated)
The initial state of KeyQuick is set up by improving a little portion so
that a keyboard may be made to use without changing operativity greatly
from a usual state. In addition to this basic setup, in KeyQuick, customize
which matched according to use environment can also be performed in
accordance with the input style of an application or a sentence currently
The chapter by which each details are described to be item explanation below
is described. In addition, about some items, the category at the upper right
of a screen can be set up now by changing to "Extend". Moreover, since
a setup which has realized basic operation of KeyQuick for "9. Default setup"
is described, please make it reference also here.
- Customize of a key.(Extent)
each key -- it is an item for setting up assignment of starting of an
application, a control tap function, etc. individually
Please refer to "8-1. Customize of keys" - "8-4. Screen tap" chapter from
* The target keyboard device is KB100(JP) or built-in.
Moreover, KB100(JP) has some restrictions.
- Customize of a function.(Extent)
A control tap, a launcher, etc. are the items for performing operation
about the function which mainly has a screen interface, and registration of
Please refer to "8-5.Control tap operation setup" - "8-7.launcher setup"
- Customize of a side menu.(Extent)
Although it is one of the functions basically, there is explanation about
the grade which registers and calls other functions and to which the
button (VoiceRec) of the device side etc. is assigned, and a setup united
with some features.
Please refer to "Assignment of function" amd "8-8. Side menu setup" for
- UI setup.
A setup relevant to a keyboard at large, such as enabling the lock of
the mode (combination mode) of the key used combining other keys, such as
Ctrl, can be changed.
Please refer to "8-9. UI and system setup" for details.
- System setup.
It is an item for adjusting the functional restriction matter of KeyQuick
etc. Usually, although it is not necessary to change, when setting up the
validity of an audio reproduction remote control function, and the
non-effect, it uses.
For details, please refer to ". interface and system 8-9 Setting" chapter
as well as the above.
- A setup of a color.
It is the item which sets up the color of the indicator which expresses
the color of the function which mainly has a screen interface, the lock
states (a character, background, etc.) of a combination key, etc. like
customize of a function.
Please refer to "8-11 Setup of color" for details.
- Function DA Settings.
It is an item for assigning the function of KeyQuick to DAs. Functions,
such as a "control tap", can be treated as DA.
Please refer to "8-12. Function DA Settings" for details.
8-1.Customize of keys.
each key on a keyboard -- individually, in order to perform assignment of
operation etc., the tap of the "additional" button on the main screen of
KeyQuick is carried out, the item of the list which newly specifies a key
or is registered beforehand is chosen, and the tap of the "edit" button is
carried out Thereby, Key setting screen is displayed, and when it combines
with a key, Ctrl, etc. which were specified, it can specify what operation
is assigned to the key.
* There are the following restrictions in KB100.
- The key which operates it to the input field cannot be changed.
for example, It is the Ctrl+C(copy),Ctrl+curosor keys,delete key etc.
- Assignment which is different in the key combination to which
the same operation is assigned.
for example, It is the Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+P key etc.
- A key with a special function cannot be changed, either.
for example, It is the Ctrl+K key etc.
- A key may not be recognized to add a key when a driver is in
a sleep state.
Usual operation is performed.
Operation of other keys can be specified. However, in the case of the key
combined with ShiftFnAlt, only combination of the same key can be chosen
For example, f+Alt cannot be specified to be a+Fn. When it specifies, f is
inputted even if it pushed and carries out a+Fn.
However, in the following cases, it can perform as an exception.
- When the combination mode of an interface setup pushed the key
simultaneously and usually bends by except. f+Alt is inputted, when
saying in the upper example and a is pushed and carried out, after having
changed into the state where Fn was pushed and detaching.
- If it says in the upper example (in the case of the key arrangement of
TG-50) when a check is put into a setup by the character and it specifies
a direct input character, when "[" (character inputted by f+Alt) will be
specified. However, this method cannot be used when it cannot specify in
Starting can be assigned to a key by specifying the application or DA
displayed on the list of a screen.
The function in which some were reserved can be specified.
Please refer to "8-3 Assignment of function" for details.
- Ctrl direct tap.
By specifying "OK" label etc. currently displayed on the button etc.,
assignment which carries out the tap of the button can be performed.
- Screen tap.
The method of carrying out the tap of an arbitrary position or the cursor
position can be assigned.
Please refer to "8-4. screen tap" for details.
Sentence is inserted in the input field. Moreover, when starting in @,
it is changed as follows.
@TS -> Time Stamp
@DS -> Date Stamp
@DTS -> Date and Time Stamp
Moreover, will be pushed in the situation that the character will not be
inputted if a check is put into "Priority Ctrl out of the field" on
this screen. For example, although it will operate as a jog while [which
pushed the vertical key on the memo pad ] displaying "list, if it carries
out if this check is put into the vertical key of cursor, on an edit screen,
function" becomes possible as cursor.
8-2. Contents of Display of Customize List
The customize list of keys on a main screen shows the following contents
as a character attribute.
- The situation of checking to "Priority ctrl out of the field."
"-" is displayed, when checking and C is not carried out.
- Independent or the situation of the assignment when Ctrl Shift Fn and Alt
combining and pushing.
None is -,Key is k,Launch is L,Function is F,Ctrl direct tap is T,Screen
tap is S is displayed.
For example, when displayed as "CapsLock C -F---", it means that a check is
"Priority ctrl out of the field", and a function is assigned and shines to
8-3. Assignment of Function
The functions (launcher etc.) of KeyQuick can be used by assigning the key
on each keyboard from Key setting screen called by "8-1, Customize of keys"
Moreover, registering with the below-mentioned side menu can also use it
(a part of function cannot be registered to a side menu).
The following is the category and its contents of a function.
- KeyQuick extension.
It is a function for KeyQuick extending the function which is not carried
as standard to a system.
While pushing the key, a clock is displayed on the screen lower right.
When it registers with a side menu, it becomes the entry which displays
the present time on a list item.
(It does not perform, even if it chooses an item from a side menu)
The program registered in advance is displayed in the center of a screen,
and carries out cancellation stripes by starting, BS, or the pen tap by
the cursor key etc.
- Control tap.
The control (button etc.) currently displayed on the screen is chosen
with cursor etc., and carries out cancellation stripes by the tap, BS,
or the pen tap in false.
- Trial of DA stop.
If it becomes DA, it is possible to make it end by [ which is completed
by carrying out the tap of the outside of a screen ] using this function.
- Last appl launch.
The application in front of one can be started and it can return.
However, unlike the end of DA, the state of an application is not held.
Moreover, an argument etc. is not reproduced. For example, when a word
is searched with a reference function and a schedule is started as the
result, a reference result is started, without being reflected.
- Recent application.
The history of the application started even before eight is displayed.
Moreover, starting from a history like a launcher is also possible.
- Combination release.
The state of the combination set up by "8-10 Mode change of . combination
key" is canceled. In addition, when you use this function, please set
it as each combination, such as ctrl.
- Side menu.
It is the function which registers the function in advance and can be
chosen from a pop-up list at the time of a side menu functional call.
Only this function can be assigned the buttons (VoiceRec, jog, etc.) of
the deveice side besides a keyboard.
However, a side menu cannot be registered into a side menu.
- System standard.
It is the function currently assigned to the keyboard by TG50 at the
standard, and is the function which is not assigned in NX/NZ. It uses,
when assigning like TG50 by NX/NZ.
In addition, there is a function which is not supported by the model.
For example, battery information is not displayed in NX.
- ATOK(Japanese FEP).
The pop-up function of ATOK etc. is called. In addition, if it calls when
there is nothing, if ATOK is effective, since a soft keyboard will start
or a character will be inputted, be careful of this function.
- ATOK menus 1 and 2.
It is the menu which in the case of Graffiti area loading machine is
displayed when the tap of an alphabetic character or the number keyboard
is carried out.
- ATOK decision undoing.
The menu function of ATOK is called and the conversion decided immediately
before is changed into an again convertible state.
- Field operation.
Cursor operation in the domains (field) for edit, such as a memo pad, etc.
For example, cursor can be made to jump like HOME key in the keyboard of
PC (for it to be movement etc. to the head of the sentence) (or selection).
Moreover, a zoom function can change the size of the font of the field
under edit one by one from Tiny to LargeBold. However, this change is
temporary and is returned to a default next time at the time of edit
(if it depends soft, having scrolled may even return).
- Audio remote control.
It is a function for operating the remote control correspondence apparatus
of AudioPlayer. In order to use this function, there are the following notes.
- When it is the model to which the hard remote control device is not
The check needs to be attached to "audio remote control support" of a
setting menu, and "Enable Background Play" of AudioPlayer. In addition,
since the turn which attaches a check becomes important, please unite
and refer to "4.Instaltion."
- When it is the model to which the hard remote control device is
The check needs to be attached to "Enable Background Play" of AudioPlayer.
* Also by the case of applications other than AudioPlayer, when using remote
control, when a setup is required, it is necessary to carry out same
In addition, two or more functions accompanied by a screen display cannot be
started simultaneously. For example, a clock cannot be displayed while
displaying the launcher.
8-4. Screen Tap
The tap method of an arbitrary position or a cursor position can be
registered into the key on each keyboard from Key setting screen called by
"8-1. Customize of keys".
The position (the number of dots) from the upper left or the lower left
of a screen is specified, and the tap of the screen is carried out.
In addition, the number of dots makes breadth of a screen 160 dots.
- Cursor position.
When cursor is displayed during edit on the memo pad etc., the tap of
the position is carried out. Moreover, a double-tap can also be performed
if a check is attached. Usually, if a double-tap is carried out,
the word of a cursor position will be chosen.
* By some device, it is the relation of pen coordinates calculation accuracy,
and coordinates and an actual screen position may shift. This will become
still remarkable if adjustment of a digitizer has shifted. Moreover, if the
tap of the cursor position of the character with narrow width (for example,
blank) is carried out with Tiny font, a cursor position may shift.
8-5. Control Operation Setup
In order to specify the operation key of the "control tap" of a function
etc., it can carry out by carrying out the tap of the "control" button on
a main screen. For example, if the tap of the "front" button is carried
out on the displayed setting screen, the key for moving to the control
(button) before one can be specified.
The key which can be set up becomes below.
"Prv" It moves to a previous item.
"Nxt" It moves to a next item.
"Sel" Selection of an item.
"Can" Release in the mode.
"Ext" A selection object is extended to the item in a table.
Moreover, if it checks to "Vertical direction", the operation key can
also be specified.
If a Init label is set up, the button chosen at the time of mode start
can be set up. Specification is divided by ":" and obtained two or more
(It is deleted when : is set as the character sequence last which a new-line
and : cannot set up)
8-6. Menu Operation Setup
In order to specify key operation when the menu is displayed on the screen,
it can carry out by carrying out the tap of the "menu" button on a main
screen. Moreover, by the key specified with the command bars 1-3 of this
screen, the tap of the icon of the command tool bar displayed on the screen
lower part can be carried out. In addition, it corresponds to the icon
displayed on the rightmost from the command bar 1.
For example, if KeyQuick becomes in the state of a default when DALauncher
is working, DALauncher can be started by pushing Ctrl+t twice.
8-7. Launcher Setup
In order to specify the operation key of the "launcher" of a function etc.,
it can carry out by carrying out the tap of the "functional setup" of the
list which carries out the tap of the "launcher" button on a main screen,
and is displayed.
- Hold mode.
It fixes, where a launcher screen is displayed. The program chosen when all
keys will be detached, if this check was removed is started. Please think
that those who use Windows do operation which resembled operation of
- An Item up, down, left, right, select, cancel.
The key which performs each operation is specified.
- Start key.
Operation of the key (the function was assigned) which started the
launcher is specified.
For example, when it is set as
"assigning a launcher to CapsLock+Alt",
"the check in the hold mode being removed", and
"being the item right about the key which started",
If CapsLock is pushed, pushing and carrying out Alt, a launcher
will start. If CapsLock is repeated and pushed then, item selection
will move to the right. And if Alt is detached, the item chosen at
the time will start.
* When it starts from a side menu, it becomes the key which started
the side menu (ignored when a side menu is started from side buttons other
than a key).
Moreover, the program displayed on a launcher can be edited by carrying
out the tap of the "program" of a pop-up list. In addition, the maximum
number which can be registered is to eight pieces in the present condition.
8-8. Side Menu Setup
In order to specify the "side menu" operation key of a function etc.,
it can carry out by carrying out the tap of the "Pref 1" or the "Pref 2" of
a list which carries out the tap of the "side menu" button on a main screen,
and is displayed.
"Pref 1" sets up the starting method, a display setup, an item selection
key, etc. Moreover, by performing a setup or KeyQuickDA of a side button,
it can also start from other than a keyboard.
"Pref 2" sets up the key for choosing an item directly. About a basic setup,
it is the same as that of a launcher etc.
However, there are some exceptions in operation of a side menu.
- When started from a main part side button or KeyQuickDA, it always
operates in hold mode irrespective of a setup.
- When started from the button of the main part side, a setup of a start
key is disregarded.
- Even if the function of audio reproduction remote control chooses an
item except a stop, don't end a menu. Moreover, while being chosen with
the key or the button, rapid-traverse operation is performed like real
remote control (continuation aggressiveness cannot be performed with a pen).
- About the zoom of the field, although a menu is once ended, a menu is
again displayed after the completion of zoom processing.
- When the clock function is added, nothing is performed, even if the
present time is displayed on the registered list item and it chooses an
Moreover, assignment comes to be deterred, while long aggressiveness
usually comes to operate as aggressiveness and VoiceRec, CLIECamera,
and CLIECameraS are operating, when [ of capture or VoiceRec ] it usually
In addition, the character displayed on a side menu is using the standard
font as the bold in soft. When the board font is already made thick with
a certain means, please remove the check of a false board. Now, it comes
to display using the bold font of a system.
The item displayed on this side menu can be edited by carrying out the
tap of the "menu item" of a pop-up list. However, the "side menu" itself
cannot be registered into a side menu.
In addition, the maximum number which can be registered is to 12 pieces
in the present condition.
8-9. UI and System Settings
If the "option" of a menu, "UI setup", or "System setup" is chosen,
a general setup of KeyQuick can be performed. The following items can be
set up in the present condition.
- Scroll on PgUp/Dn .
It can set up whether cursor is also united and moved in scroll operation
of Alt+cursor up and down of a keyboard.
If cursor movement is chosen, although cursor will also move, X position in
a movement place surely becomes the head of the sentence. Selection of
X position maintenance holds X position as much as possible like scrolling
on PC. However, although a response falls [ both of the modes ], X position
maintenance falls more. Moreover, if it scrolls by methods other than keys,
such as scrolling, in the position when one sentence is straddling two
lines and cursor moves to the head of the 2nd line, cursor will move in
the end of the 1st line. This is restriction of the standard field parts
for a system which it does not restrict to scroll operation.
- Horizontal scrolling of NetFront.
When the horizontal scroll bar is displayed on the screen of NetFront,
it can set up so that it may scroll with cursor.In addition, when a focus
is on the edit field, it becomes the usual cursor movement.
Moreover, NetFront may have a focus in the field which is not displayed
on a screen. It is cursor movement usual also in this case.
- OK of the dialo by Enter.
When a dialog is displayed, it can set up whether the tap of the buttons,
such as "OK"(*1), is carried out by new-line. In addition, the target dialog
changes with selected modes.
(*1)OK:Yes:Continue is the target button.
The alert of a system(check at the time of a communication start etc.)
is the target dialog.
The state which does not have a focus in the field of multi lines
at the usual dialog box. Furthermore, a dialog is applicable when the
application has not carried out the mask of JOG push.
By the usual dialog box, the dialog which does not have a focus in
the field of multi lines is applicable.
When this mode is set up, if the target dialog is displayed, a button
will be expressed as a thick frame, and it will be chosen if a enter
is pushed. Moreover, it shifts to a control tap function by
the right-and-left(*2) key of cursor or right-and-left(*2) key of front jog,
and it also becomes possible to carry out the tap of other buttons.
(*2)It becomes the key specified to be "Prv" and the "Nxt" by
ControlPrefs of a main screen.
- Combination mode.
The mode when pushing Ctrl etc. is set up. Please refer to "8-10. Mode change
of combination key" for details.
- Function restricts during ARM appl
If the check is attached to this item, a "function" and a "side menu" of
key assignment will not operate. Replacement of other keys etc. operates.
ARM application points out the application built in ARM code to user
interface portions, such as HotSync and NetFront etc. The application which
carried out ARM coding of a part of operation is recognized as a usual
In addition, although, as for a "function" and a "side menu", NetFront etc.
operates also in operation by removing this check, fault may occur
according to environment.
- Audio remote control support.
This item is expressed as the model (TG50) to which the hard remote control
device is not attached.
Please attach the check, in using an audio remote control function from
an applicable model.
- Tap compatibility with Ver.1.0.
Please check this item, when a control tap etc. does not operate.
- Stops during PicselViewer.
While two or more permanent residence type programs are working,
as for PicselViewer for UX50, a speed of operation may fall. In this
case, if this item is checked, it may improve.
* While PcselViewer is working, all operation of KeyQuick stops.
* When you end PcselViewer, please cancel Shift lock etc. by
the function of a system.
* It may not be improved depending on the number of permanent residence
of other programs.
- System residence priority.
When KeyQuick resides in a system permanently, it is a priority for
receiving information from a system side. usually -- although it is not
necessary to change -- other permanent residence systems -- please be a
setup of an application etc., and when influence appears in either,
change Condition may be improved. In addition, although a priority becomes
high, since the one where a number is smaller has
[ that it is various and ] the method of permanent residence, as for thi
s priority, it does not necessarily receive information ahead of other
"Priority is Ctrl out of the field."etc. of a Key setup may carry out a
conflict to operation of an application. A setup is suspensible if
an application and item is then chosen from this item.
In addition, "Ctrl lock pause" item can be set up for every kind of key.
- Char & sign It suspends, when an English character and a sign are pushed.
- Nums It suspends, when an Nums are pushed.
- Cursor It suspends, when an Arrow and Enter,BS are pushed.
8-10. Mode Change of Combination Key
By setting up the "combination mode" of a UI setup, operation of keys,
such as Ctrl, can be changed as follows.
- When a combination key is pushed once.
Next, a combination is confirmed to the pushed key and a combination is
- When a combination key is pushed twice.
A combination is locked. It cancels by pushing a combination key again.
A lock and release are changed when a combination key is pushed.
In addition, in addition to the mode, the bar which expresses a state to
Graffiti shift indicator upper part of a system usually comes to be
displayed. Moreover, in PEG-UX50, the state of Ctrl is also displayed on
a status bar.
* Display the state inside KeyQuick apart from a system about Shift.
Moreover, there is the following sub setup item.
- Pop indicator.
When the mode of a combination changes, a state is displayed in the
center of a screen.
- Cancel by the other combinations key.
When a key different from the combination key locked now is pushed,
it is once canceled, without moving to the mode of the key.
For example, it will be canceled, if ctrl is pushed and shift is pushed.
- FEP mode on a status bar.
The state of Japanese FEP is displayed on the place where the shift
of a status bar etc. is displayed in PEG-UX50. In addition, in order
that KeyQuick may perform this display unlike the indicator of a system,
even when ATOK is being used, ordinary "Japanese Hiragana a" is displayed.
Moreover, it is displayed as "Japanese Hiragana a" also by the case of
other FEP or a language.
8-11. Setup of Color
If "Function Color" or "Indicator Color" is chosen from the option of
a menu, a setup about the color of KeyQuick can be performed.
In addition, penetration processing is digested using the color to which
the clock etc. was set here.
8-12. Function DA Settings
A setup will be the function assigned to KeyQuickF0-7 possible if the
"Option/Function DA Settings" of a menu is chosen.
For example, a "control tap" is started by starting KeyQuickF0 by assigning
a "control tap" to the first item. In addition, the function started from
Function DA operates like the time of being started from the side menu via
* A clock function cannot be assigned.
9. Default Setup
The degrees of KeyQuick introduction direct are the following setup.
Please make it reference of customize.
- Customize of a keys.
BS -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
It combines with Fn and is BS operation usual to the time.
Tab -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
It combines with Ctrl and, sometimes, is a control tap
It combines with Alt and, sometimes, is a side menu function
Return -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
It combines with Fn and is Return operation usual to the time.
Up -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
Donw -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
CapsLock -> Priority ctrl out of the field.
It combines with Ctrl and, sometimes, is a side menu function.
- Control operation setup.
It is mode cancellation at item selection and BS by movement between
control, and new-line in the cursor keys.
When the key (a default un-setting up) which started the control tap
function is pushed,it moves to the following item.
The Jog operation by the center Jog device is right-and-left movement.
- It is mode cancellation at item selection and BS by movement between
selection items, and new-line in menu operation setting cursor.
In each key and the combination of Ctrl, it is icon selection of a command
- Check in the launcher operation setting hold mode.
It is mode cancellation at item selection and BS by movement between
selection items, and new-line in cursor.
When the key (a default un-setting up) which started the launcher function
is pushed, it moves to the following item.
- The program is not registered in the initial value of a program list.
- Side menu Pref 1.
It checks to the hold mode, a false hold, and an icon display of an
It is mode cancellation at item selection and BS by movement between
menu items, and new-line in the cursor upper and lower sides.
When the key (a default un-setting up) which started the launcher function
is pushed, it moves to the following item.
- Side menu Pref 2.
The following keys are set up and direct selection of an item is required.
"q" "w" "e" "r" "t" "y" "u" "i" "o" "p" "a" "s"
- Side menu item list.
The following items are registered.
"Menu" "Command bar" "PowerOFF"
"Play" "Stop" "FR" "FF" "VlumeDown" "VolumeUp"
"Function suspend" "Clock"
- Some application doesn't work well with KeyQuick since it
interrupts the various internal process of PalmOS to replace keyboard
function. Therefore, it is expected that the situation that input
operation etc. does not function normally occurs.
It is the reason for the trouble that KeyQuick interrupts and change
the PalmOS itself.
So you don't send questions for the author of the application about this.
- Simultaneous aggressiveness of three keys.
In hard, although it seems that the combination of Ctrl+Shift+a is possible,
it is not supported by KeyQuick.
- When the key of a small letter is assigned.
Even if it assigns a character independent key to the combination of a key
which replaces the inputted characters, such as Shift, it does not function
For example, even if it assigns a key to Shift+a, in the state which Shift
pushed where it was carried out, Caps function works and not a but A is
inputted. a key should assign for avoiding this, please come out, check
"CharSet", and specify a direct input character
- Screen update at the time of a control tap.
Update of a screen is not performed at the time of the control tap mode
of a function.
For example, starting of this function stops a display of a clock on
the screen of an application which shows the clock.
- Two or more startings of a function.
Two or more startings of a function are not supported. For example,
a clock function cannot be used while displaying the launcher function.
- The number of support of a command bar icon.
The icon displayed on a command bar is counted from the right, and supports
only the icon to the 3rd.
- At the time of KeyQuick screen display
When the screens (setup etc.) of KeyQuick are displayed, even if a setup
of KeyQuick is turned on [ it ], all assignment and functions are suspended.
- Replacement of Ctrl,Shift,Fn and Alt.
Replacement of the above-mentioned key and assignment to other keys cannot
- Color palette.
The color of the window which KeyQuick displays may collapse in the state
of using color palettes other than a standard in the game etc.
- Light lighting of a key.
Even if it pushed and carries out the key customized by KeyQuick, a light
may not light up.
- The priority which resides permanently to a system.
since KeyQuick has lowered the priority for hooking an event by th
e default -- other permanent residence systems -- replacement of a key etc.
is carried out after an application hooks an event When influence appears
in either in other setup and operation of an application, condition may
be improved if the priority which resides permanently is changed. Refer to
"8-9.UI and the system Settings" for the change method.
- Operation immediately after soft reset.
That KeyQuick starts permanent residence to a system opens time not the
time of reset but a little (about 2 seconds), and it is performed.
Therefore, the case where extension of a keyboard is not effective is
immediately after completing reset.
Even in such a case, if time is set several seconds and operation is
started, a setup will be reflected automatically.
- Control tap extension mode.
Scrolling of an item cannot be performed although the item in a table
serves as an object in the extended mode. Only the item currently displayed
on the screen is an object.
Moreover, a screen top has the case where the table is uniquely drawn by
some application, even when it is a table and is visible to a table.
In this case, it cannot choose.
For example, although an one day display of a DateBk will be a table,
since a week display is not a table, it cannot be chosen.
- The indicator of Shift display.
A display of the indicator of Shift which KeyQuick draws takes time a
little until it changes.
- Fault in the internal error of AudioPlayer, and the application which uses
other remote control.
From the model (TG50) which does not carry remote control in hard, the above
problems may occur by the affinity with a virtual remote control library.
In this case, please remove the check of "audio remote control support"
with the setting menu of KeyQuick, and carry out soft reset. Although the
audio remote control function of KeyQuick is suspended by this work,
a virtual remote control library is deleted and an error is avoided.
- Affinity with the application with the original input field.
When the ornament and classification by color of a character are being
performed in the input region, standard not parts but original input field
parts for OS may be used. In this case, the range selection function of
KeyQuick may not work normally.
- The thick frame of "OK of the dialo by Enter"
The thick frame of the object which can be chosen by enter is
displayed as a mark. Therefore, re-drawing etc. is not performed.
Moreover, it has judged in the state at the time of a dialog display start.
When a state changes after a display, even if the thick frame is not
displayed, OK may be able to be chosen by enter.For example, it generates
in the progress dialog of CLIE Mail etc.
- KB100 sleep
When a driver performs a key input in a sleep state (state where a key input
is not performed several seconds), it is immediately after it. The function
assigned to KeyQucik may not operate. For example, it is the control tap of
Alt+Tab etc. In order to correspond to this, when seeming a sleep state and
Alt+Tab is inputted. Time to push Alt is lengthened a little. And please
There might be other unknown remaining issues.
10. Developer Contact Information
To send email, please use: email@example.com
Email address and other information is available in the developer's home page: http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/
The original french version, of this thread, is at : palmattitude.org http://forum.palmattitude.org/index...11&t=17178&st=0