Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications > Video
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2006, 07:43 AM   #46
makoman

Hmm.. Anyone convert video for a TH55?

I'm tweaking the settings for FairUse so I can view a video "skip free" on my TH55. I have used below the settings suggested by Lance an I was wondering what others have seen. I have used 288x108 (approximate, as I am at work, but I have tried others), at ~200 kbits/sec, and ogg audio at 32kbs, which are all well below Lance's recommendations. I don't know what others have done -- I just want a few comparisons.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
makoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #47
makoman

Found an answer to my problem!

makoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #48
jreagles16
Learning to be an Expert

Red face itunes and dvd

does anyone know how to take protected itunes music and listen to them on your palm?
Also I have found probably a complicated way to watch dvds on your pda.
Guide-
First google TCPMP of Core Pocket MEdia player. This freeware which is still in production is the next best mmplayer but right now for free. (so please make donations). For a player for free to wathc on you pda download core pocket media player for palm os. Download zip Cr 72 and CR68. Take the ac3 and the acc audio code from zip68 and apply it with your cr 72 in the "quick install". Then hotsync and then take music or dvds and enjoy. PS. The volume is a little faint. To take a dvd and convert to watch on pda. is pretty easy. google dvd decrypters freeware and then take a dvd burn to hard drive then take some sort of compression tool ie. nero recode 2 then compress to what ever you want. 120mb or 400mb. (oh make sure if using nero go to more and make sure that it is being compressed for psp gives you the way to compress to palm) Right now I have 60 seconds and MRs and MR. Smith on a 1 gb with about 300mb left they are both compress to 350mb and they are fast action and don't slow down or skip at all. When you have transfer the file to your sd card you can then go to your hard drive and delete the movie off your hard drive so you don't waste space. if using nero when adding the film click audio and add the english or w/e launguage you want to. and it will come up on nero as Gone in 60 seconds title 1. then compress. a 1 gb card that writes at 32x is great for watching movies. oh the player does have a full screen mode. with wide screens a little hard to see. This is how I did it first. But by the sounds the fairuse wizard sounds simple and easy and great to use to compress. I'm new and not good at this stuff sorry if it is hard to read still a not old enough to see pg-13 movies. sorry. also this all may take like 45mins to decrypt dvd and then to compress another 45.

Last edited by jreagles16 : 03-23-2006 at 12:44 AM.
jreagles16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:44 AM   #49
jreagles16
Learning to be an Expert

Red face itunes music?

Does anyone out there know how to take purchased itunes music and play it on your palm? I would love to know. Thanks for your help.
jreagles16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #50
Sjweise

Send a message via ICQ to Sjweise Send a message via AIM to Sjweise Send a message via MSN to Sjweise Send a message via Yahoo to Sjweise
You'd need to strip off the DRM Itunes adds to their aac files.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...G=Google+Search

Or try this:

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml
Old 09-22-2006, 05:48 AM   #51
ssparks653

Display size

I just tried FU wizard and it is great. I was wondering if there was a way to increase the image size. I have a lifedrive and the file created is a lot smaller than my screen.
ssparks653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #52
DCBAKER

What player are you using to view the movie? TCMP allows you to set the viewing size. Other players may have that as a feature as well. Check the settings in your player.
DCBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #53
ssparks653

I am using MMPlayer, I haven't seen anything in the preferences.
ssparks653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #54
Sjweise

Send a message via ICQ to Sjweise Send a message via AIM to Sjweise Send a message via MSN to Sjweise Send a message via Yahoo to Sjweise
TCPMP will probably allow for smoother playback, which is why I no longer use MMPlayer ( though I am a registered owner of MMPLayer!).

In FU Wizard, once you select file size, you should then be able to select the frame size (I set mine to 480x320 or the closest ratio). As I recall MMPlayer has a zoom feature so even if the video file is not 480x320 you can "zoom" the frame up to full screen. I think its like 2/3, 1/2, etc.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #55
pedro_nf

Hello all,
I just received a sony clie UX50, I know its an old model but its my first PDA and my first experience with Palm OS...
I used the original video recorder to make a movie with the built in camera and after downloading the film to my PC I saw its format is MPEG-1, can't see the sound format of the file (I'm using GSpot).
My question is: are there any video recorders for Palm OS (and UX50) to record video directly in other formats, like Xvid?
For the original file in MPEG-1 (extension .MQV) I can only play it using Quick Time and I only managed to convert it using Sony's Sound Forge 8.0. Are there any Open Source video converters for this type of file made by UX50 video recorder?
Many thanks in advance for any help, I'll keep on reading more about UX50 and Palm OS...
pedro_nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #56
Sjweise

I do not believe there are any recorders that will allow you to encode in Xvid, though converting it to Xvid with Virtual Dub would be a cinch (even though it is an extra step). Perhaps as video becomes more and more the norm on pda/smart phones we'll see some great 3rd party recorders capable of encoding in Xvid or DivX. Perhaps Corecodec could reverse their great TCPMP (or whatever it is called now) and use the same programming skill to create a recorder.

Last edited by Sjweise : 01-02-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Sjweise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #57
pedro_nf

I didn't manage to open the video file with Virtual Dub... maybe I don't have the correct codecs...
It would be nice to have an application for Palm OS that would do it directly, don't know if its technicaly possible. Any Palm OS programmers out there?!? :-)
pedro_nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #58
Sjweise

I suppose Sony made it so the video file is somewhat proprietary, though you'd think VDub would still swing it.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #59
palmTE

Fairuse produced avi files with sound but no video, and TX media app won't accept avi.
I ran FairUseLE on an unprotected DVD I have, following the directions in Lance's thread (http://www.1src.com/?m=show&id=819&page=3). Choosing a bit rate just over 200, the resulting files were oddly small - 45MB for more than 30 min of video. I could see nothing wrong, so I let it run. The results were avi files (I chose 'split by chapter'), all had sound with no video when played back on the PC.

I have read through this and other threads and others and still find this to be slow going, I have no useable files yet. It seems there are a few basics not explicitly mentioned which it's assumed everyone knows... it's been frustrating.
It <appears> that there are several separate steps in most cases, or is the following not correct?
Get the unique file formats on a DVD translated into something one's PC can read and xfer onto hard drive.
Re-encode and shrink these into another format with lower quality and much smaller size than the DVD standard (mpeg-2?)
Re-encode again if the above step didn't yeild something the handheld software can interpret.
Install one or more video playback programs on the Palm.
Install one or more codecs --- on the Palm or on both the Palm and PC?? How do you insure that the translation and playback programs can see and use the codecs, and that you have the correct codecs for whatever you're doing??
Unclear -- does TCPMP serve as playback software on the handheld, or does it encode/translate? Does it need to be augmented by various codecs?

Also is there a good way to xfer the files without a card reader? The Palm Media app will not allow one to hotsync avi files.

**There has got to be a better way!!** I don't mind buying software if need be, but only if the paid software actually works without fighting with it. From my experience and reading so far I'm not confident that the paid solutions work any better than the freeware, but so far the "free" software is too expensive b/c it is taking hours of unpaid time.
Input from any of the Palm wizards here is much appreciated.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #60
Sjweise

I use Fairuse Wizard for my Treo 680, iPod and for now inert TX. I never did any screen cropping (top/bottom or left/right), and only edited the start/stop times to cut out credits to save file size (or to chop of a disc of TV shows). I always set it for Xvis, 2 pass and would sometimes lower the bitrate for the mp3 audio. I would also (for the TX) change the resolution to as close to 480x320 as possible. I never did anything about splitting it into chapters.

I also never used the TX's built-in media player. TCPMP is completely free and plays video MUCH better than even MMPlayer. I have since bought FairUse Wizard (to enable the cropping of length and to encode directly to iPod video format) and it still runs fine on my Treo 680 with TCPMP.