Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie TJ-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
danijoe

Battery type or model #

Hi there,

I'm thinking of ordering a batttery for my recently (Ebay) purchased TJ37. Has anyone actually had their 37 apart? (any pics) Is the swap difficult? I know there are directions for other Clie battery swaps on various websites, but I never actually see the TJ37 listed. Does anyone know difinitively what battery this great little machine takes? e.g how many volts, MaH etc.

While I'm on the topic of batteries - has anyone used the battery extenders that are sold on Ebay? Are they the same as the Sony model PEGA BC10?

thanks a lot,

Joe
danijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
danijoe

Hi again,

I prpbably should have used the search function (duh) before I sent the last message. I have found out most of what i want to know.

Anyone know the Voltage and mah of the battery for TJ37?

Thanks a lot
Old 12-05-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
hackit98

It's on the back of the Clie. 5.2v 800mah.

What I'm curious about is if the 5.2v 1000mah battery off of http://www.cliebattery.com, aka laptopsforless.com, will fit in the TJ37. I emailed them long ago asking for the dimensions for it but they never emailed me back. That made me not even want to buy anything from them. If someone else wants to risk it to see if it fits I would like to hear if it works

For those who do not know, the mah is merely the capacity and wound not cause any problems. It would only make the Clie last a bit longer. As long as the voltage matches it, and it fits in the Clie, it should work.
hackit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
daver
The Nutty 'Nuckie

Send a message via MSN to daver Send a message via Yahoo to daver
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackit98
It's on the back of the Clie. 5.2v 800mah.

What I'm curious about is if the 5.2v 1000mah battery off of http://www.cliebattery.com, aka laptopsforless.com, will fit in the TJ37. I emailed them long ago asking for the dimensions for it but they never emailed me back. That made me not even want to buy anything from them. If someone else wants to risk it to see if it fits I would like to hear if it works

For those who do not know, the mah is merely the capacity and wound not cause any problems. It would only make the Clie last a bit longer. As long as the voltage matches it, and it fits in the Clie, it should work.

I'd love to put a 1000mah battery in my Clie. at the rate i'm charging it, i'd be able to go for up to 2 weeks per charge! I'm gonna send those guys an e-mail, and see if they ignore me as well, lol. let's see if they'll say anything this time. well, fingers crossed.

daver

I AM CANADIAN!
Canuck PDA (http://canuck-pda.ca)

Back of left hand - Left arm - Paper & pen - broken Palm IIIxe - SJ20 - TJ37 - iPaq 1940 (broken digitizer) - TH55 - Treo 700p
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:02 AM   #5
ydjk58
Jesus Geek

Send a message via ICQ to ydjk58 Send a message via AIM to ydjk58 Send a message via MSN to ydjk58 Send a message via Yahoo to ydjk58
Yeah, where is the best place to get the replacement batterery for a TJ37, my dads batterry now only lasts about 3 days with out usage. It justs sits there and does nothing, sometimes it sits there for a week with out being used and when he goes to turn it on, it won't turn on. Thank god he didn't lose any data on his TJ37. But where can I find the tri-head screw driver to open it up too.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
daver
The Nutty 'Nuckie

well, i tried e-mailing the cliebattery.com guys, and as hackit98 said, no e-mail back. not even an automated 'thank you for you e-mail' kinda thing. I guess we'll just have to wait for someone daring enough to try it out in their unit and give us some feedback on it.

I AM CANADIAN!

Back of left hand - Left arm - Paper & pen - broken Palm IIIxe - SJ20 - TJ37 - iPaq 1940 (broken digitizer) - TH55 - Treo 700p
Old 12-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #7
pun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydjk58
Yeah, where is the best place to get the replacement batterery for a TJ37, my dads batterry now only lasts about 3 days with out usage. It justs sits there and does nothing, sometimes it sits there for a week with out being used and when he goes to turn it on, it won't turn on. Thank god he didn't lose any data on his TJ37. But where can I find the tri-head screw driver to open it up too.

Hi
That must be cause of the MS stick battery drain , when removed when clie is off.
Try installing the patch on the sony support site.

Hi Joe
If u got some info from the net regading battery's why dont u share it with us.
Thanks
pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
danijoe

Hi There,

No more news on the type of battery which to use in the TJ37. I've searched through google and yahoo quite a bit but no luck. I've installed the patch and performed the reset with the unit plugged in and it seems to have made a subtle difference to battery life (wishful thinking?)

I guess the next thing is for someone to actually buy one from Cliebattery.com and see if it works. It looks like a fairly easy install.

By the way. I've been wondering why, on the back of the case, it says that our battery is 5.2 volts but after a full charge the maximum voltage is 4.2 volts according to Batterygraph.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
Old 12-22-2004, 11:24 AM   #9
daver
The Nutty 'Nuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijoe
By the way. I've been wondering why, on the back of the case, it says that our battery is 5.2 volts but after a full charge the maximum voltage is 4.2 volts according to Batterygraph.

I never really thought about that before... Anyone?

I AM CANADIAN!

Old 12-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #10
hackit98

Because, it would burn out faster and get much hotter.

It's my understanding that the higher you try to push a battery, two things will happen.

The hotter it will get is the first reason, obviously. The other is the shorter life span of the battery. By producing a 5.2V battery and allowing it to only be used at a maximum of 4.2V the battery's life expectancy is increased. It should be noted that the lower a li-ion battery gets the more 'unhealthy' it is for it. You should always keep your PDA charged at maximum.

That will make for a happy li-ion battery =)

I've had mine for over a year a few months now. The battery drains only slightly faster than it used to. I haven't ever let it get below 60% charged though. Some people report a crapped out battery at a year mark. You just have to take care of them.

Another thing to mention is that if you are not going to use the PDA for a while (2 days or more) you should charge it 100%. It is very unhealthy to let a li-ion battery sit around anything less than 100% charged. The best thing is to charge it every night. Can't go wrong.

I really wish mine would die though. I am anxious to see if that 1000mA battery would fit.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:39 AM   #11
danijoe

I just emailed Laptopsforless (Cliebattery.com) and asked again regarding a replacement for the TJ37. I gave them the votage and amperage needed but I do not know the exact dimensional size. Does someone have access to this info? If we know that, we may be able to use another battery which will fit our units. If (and when) I hear back from them I will post their reply. In the meantime, does someone want to be brave and open their unit and measure the battery?

Joe
Old 01-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #12
hackit98

Well, I gave in. I had to order some other things from Laptopsfor-noonechecksouremail-less.com, so I ordered on of the 5.2 1.0Ah batteries. We shall see around wednesday of next week if it fits or not. If it doesn't I might just make an external enclosure and mod the battery door so that I can just plug it up
200+ Background Images (T68/i, T300, S105, and more)
120+ Comedy Files
Tons of other crazy stuff.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #13
danijoe

Good luck Hackit98 - keep us posted on your results!

Joe
Old 01-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #14
cliefan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijoe
Good luck Hackit98 - keep us posted on your results!

Joe

Yes, please tell us your findings.
cliefan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
daver
The Nutty 'Nuckie

fingers crossed hackit98

I AM CANADIAN!