Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie VZ-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2004, 10:01 PM   #16
wARsZaWiaK

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie
wARsZaWiaK, have you seen my last reply?

yes I have.

whats so special about it ??
wARsZaWiaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:07 PM   #17
Reggie
1src Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wARsZaWiaK
yes I have.

whats so special about it ??

omg, can't you see how the seller cut and paste the pictures to his desk?

In any case, I think I will report this item to Ebay.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #18
wARsZaWiaK

Quote:
omg, can't you see how the seller cut and paste the pictures to his desk?

In any case, I think I will report this item to Ebay.

go ahead they do not care.he did not do anything wrong,did he ??
Old 11-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #19
Rebel76

Send a message via Yahoo to Rebel76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrygr
I saw this picture on a different auction, which was then featured on the scam list. I wouldn't risk it.

Sorry but didn't you bid on the item?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....item=5732353499
Rebel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #20
Reggie
1src Founder

Quote:
go ahead they do not care.he did not do anything wrong,did he ??

Manipulating images to make people believe that the seller has a vz90? Isn't that fraudaulent? You don't think that's wrong??

Geesh! I give up.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #21
SamuraiCatJB
Need coffee. Need coffee.
Platinum Contributor

if he is going to fake another photo, I have some advice for him. Every material has a BRDF value, this is the reflectance of the surrounding environment light. When you move a photo from one environment to another, the BRDF light reflection no longer matches. It would be better to extract the BRDF values by looking at the scene in which the photo is in, then change the environment and recreate the reflections.
And now, Grandfather, I ask you to bless the White Man. He needs your Wisdom, your guidance. You see, for so long, he has tried to destroy my people, and only feels comfortable when given power. Bless them, show them the peace we understand, teach them humility. For I fear they will someday destroy themselves and their children, As they have done so Mother Earth. I plead, I cry. After all, They are my Brothers.... ~ Prayer ~
SamuraiCatJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #22
wARsZaWiaK

Quote:
Manipulating images to make people believe that the seller has a vz90? Isn't that fraudaulent? You don't think that's wrong??

Geesh! I give up.

just report him to ebay.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #23
wARsZaWiaK

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiCatJB
if he is going to fake another photo, I have some advice for him. Every material has a BRDF value, this is the reflectance of the surrounding environment light. When you move a photo from one environment to another, the BRDF light reflection no longer matches. It would be better to extract the BRDF values by looking at the scene in which the photo is in, then change the environment and recreate the reflections.

I do not agree with u .See you are talking about reflectance of the surrounding environment light.Im talking about then change the environment and recreate the reflections.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:41 PM   #24
wARsZaWiaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel76
Sorry but didn't you bid on the item?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....item=5732353499

how do you know I did not bid on this item ???
Old 11-19-2004, 10:43 PM   #25
SamuraiCatJB
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
I do not agree with u .See you are talking about reflectance of the surrounding environment light.Im talking about then change the environment and recreate the reflections.

easier said than done. There are PhD papers on attempted methods to do just that, you can find a slew at every Siggraph ACM conference since the 1980's computers and math are barely getting to "believable" but still distinguishable from real environments. he kept the specular highlights from the original photos and simply moved them, redefining shadows and luminance values, but not the actual environmental reflectance. Thus by increasing the luminance his specular differences are off.
And now, Grandfather, I ask you to bless the White Man. He needs your Wisdom, your guidance. You see, for so long, he has tried to destroy my people, and only feels comfortable when given power. Bless them, show them the peace we understand, teach them humility. For I fear they will someday destroy themselves and their children, As they have done so Mother Earth. I plead, I cry. After all, They are my Brothers.... ~ Prayer ~
Old 11-19-2004, 10:49 PM   #26
SamuraiCatJB
Platinum Contributor

You can believe what you want, it is a free world. I am just telling you my assessment backs Reggie's. This doesn't necessarily mean it is a fake, he could fake the photos since the equipment is still in the box. But then if he fakes the photos what stops him from faking the whole thing? what is the purpose of creating faked photos if you intend to sell a real product?

I personally do not buy multi-hundred dollar items from someone who has sold one game program for $30 to get one happy response. Less chance of being ripped off.

As P.T. Barnum is acclaimed to have said, "there's a sucker born every minute."
Old 11-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #27
wARsZaWiaK

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=SamuraiCatJB]easier said than done. There are PhD papers on attempted methods to do just that, you can find a slew at every Siggraph ACM conference since the 1980's computers and math are barely getting to "believable" but still distinguishable from real environments. he kept the specular highlights from the original photos and simply moved them, redefining shadows and luminance values, but not the actual environmental reflectance. Thus by increasing the luminance his specular differences are off.[/QUOT

ya !! but what about distinguishable from real environments ??
Old 11-19-2004, 10:53 PM   #28
wARsZaWiaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiCatJB
You can believe what you want, it is a free world. I am just telling you my assessment backs Reggie's. This doesn't necessarily mean it is a fake, he could fake the photos since the equipment is still in the box. But then if he fakes the photos what stops him from faking the whole thing? what is the purpose of creating faked photos if you intend to sell a real product?

I personally do not buy multi-hundred dollar items from someone who has sold one game program for $30 to get one happy response. Less chance of being ripped off.

As P.T. Barnum is acclaimed to have said, "there's a sucker born every minute."

I was riped off from 250 positive feedbacks seller !!!!

any comments ???
Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 PM   #29
SamuraiCatJB
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
I was riped off from 250 positive feedbacks seller !!!!

any comments ???

there is no quick and easy way to protect yourself fully. All I am saying is I am cautious to "reduce" the chance of trouble. Eventually I also will probably be ripped off, and I will still take precautions to reduce the impact of that eventuality and the occurance. Unnecessary chances only increase the risk.

I talk with ever seller I will buy from. Wether it is a small question or a long one doesn't matter. If he/she doesn't respond, I don't bid. Again, not a full guarentee, there are none. you are dealing with people and small businesses. With dealing with people, you will always have someone attempting to rip you off and take advantage of you. That is a fact of life. You can choose how often and what level of risk you are willing to take.

When I bid several hundred for a native flute, I was prepared to be ripped off, though I had several communications with the seller before bidding and I read every single review, and he normally sold flutes, so it wasn't unusual for him and he had been doing it a while. Still not any guarentees, but a lesser risk than just bidding on a $350 native flute from a seller that previously had sold nearly 100 baseball card sets for a maximum single price of $6.95 (a real seller). The latter may have been legit, but the flute was not worth that kind of risk to me. And I am happy with the one I got.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #30
wARsZaWiaK

ok.

thank you