Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Wireless
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
mjpd1

Send a message via AIM to mjpd1
Using Verizon service with NR70V

I know there was a thread about this earlier, cause I had it bookmarked. Someone gave step-by-step instructions for setting up a Moto T720 with an NR70V for web browsing. I planned on going back to it when my data cable gets here, but now the thread is gone!

Whoever posted those instructions, would you PLEASE repost them. Something about hitting the menu key, and then entering in a code, and changing something? I'd really appreciate it
mjpd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #2
fishbulb
Silver Contributor

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Verizon has instructions for how to set up the Clie.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/imag...m_userguide.pdf

It sounds like you're asking about setting up the phone. I have a Kyocera phone, and didn't have to do any setup on the phone, but YMMV.
fishbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:59 AM   #3
lax_dad

Talking How to set up Verizon wireless Internet / Clie

OK here is how to set it up. I did this successfully with a Motorola T720 and Clie T615:

1) Get cable from thesupplynet.com.

2) Connect the cable tightly to your phone and your Clie.

3) Turn on Clie. Open Prefs. Go to connections and select "new". In name enter "Verizon" or whatever you want. Select: connect to PC via Cradle / Cable. Select "details". Set speed to 19,200 and flow ctl on. Click OK to exit.

4) Select Network. Under service write Verizon. User name qnc. Password qnc. Connection Verizon. Select Details. Select script. Settings are send: atdt#777, Send CR, Delay 4, End. Click OK to exit.

5)Turn on phone. Hit menu key and QUICKLY and rapidly hit 073887* - this step may take a few times. It will ask for a security code. Enter six zeroes (000000), which will appear as *'s. Go down to data rates and select 14.4/14.4.

6) Under system prefs, network, hit "connect" and you should be good to go.

(Thanks to timewaster77 who posted these instructions on the original thread)
lax_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 03:54 AM   #4
yOyOYoo
hello

let me say also that when you buy the cable from the supplynet, they give you a cd with instructions on exactly how to setup. Its the exact same instructions lax_dad just posted. You shouldn't have any problems if you just look at the information on the cd.

goodluck! I use blazer on my NR70v, couldn't get anything else to run smoothly (Pocketlink, Xiino, Netfront)

I also use AIM 1.1 (can be found on palmgear for free). Anyone notice that if you fail to sign out, you will crash your palm and have to do a hard reset (or hold up key to manually delete AIM) This is very annoying for me, so dont forget to log off before you disconnect.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
yOyOYoo

re

ONe question that was never answered is, Is there an unlimited wireless data plan with verizon that I can use my palm to surf the web for free unlimited?

I know verizon has an unlimited mobile web plan for the phone for $7 which allows for browsing with the phone, but what about with the palm, does that count?
Old 01-15-2003, 09:39 PM   #6
mjpd1

I finally got my cable today! I'm up and running with my T720 on Verizon. I'll call tomorrow and find out about the pricing for unlimited web access. I tried Pocketlink, which was nice cause I could collapse the graphitti area, but Blazer seems to handle webpages much better. Are there better browsers in the works by anyone? Something hires, that can run scripts and support frames? Also, I think the ability to view pages in landscape mode would make it much better...

Last edited by mjpd1 : 01-15-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:48 PM   #7
yOyOYoo
hello

Congrats! I have the same phone (you have to get the extended battery) and the same setup as you. For me I couldn't find any browser better than Blazer, while everyone says Xiino is really good I didn't much like the user interface that much compared to Blazer. Let us know about the unlimited internet thing!
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #8
timewaster77
Master Procrastinator

Re: How to set up Verizon wireless Internet / Clie

Quote:
Originally posted by lax_dad

(Thanks to timewaster77 who posted these instructions on the original thread)

Glad to help you. Verizon is great offering this feature for no additional charge.
timewaster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
mjpd1

Well guys, I just spoke with a Verizon rep on the phone. He said that while the $6.95/month DOES give you unlimited web access from your PHONE, it does NOT give you unlimited access from your PDA when connected to the phone...doesn't make sense to me, but I'm just letting you know what I heard from one Verizon rep. I think I might try going in to the store and actually demonstrating, cause I don't think he quite understood what I was asking...go figure...
Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #10
eyesee
I love acappella music!

Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1
Well guys, I just spoke with a Verizon rep on the phone. He said that while the $6.95/month DOES give you unlimited web access from your PHONE, it does NOT give you unlimited access from your PDA when connected to the phone...doesn't make sense to me, but I'm just letting you know what I heard from one Verizon rep. I think I might try going in to the store and actually demonstrating, cause I don't think he quite understood what I was asking...go figure...

Here's the deal...  You are correct in that the $6.95/month fee allows you unlimited access on your cell phone, but that isn't exactly web browsing by any means.  That is just their service that allows you to check weather, sports scores, etc., but won't let you access a specific web page like on a desktop.  If you used the connection information detailed above, however, you are actually on Verizon's Quick2Net service, which is their 14.4Kbps offering and free-of-charge... meaning that you don't have to pay an extra access fee to download data through your cell phone.  What it does cost you is minutes off of your current plan, just as any normal voice call would.  This is nice if you have unlimited nights and weekends.

On the other hand, Verizon does offer a "higher-speed" data service that will give you quicker downloads, but expect to pay a premium for that service.  I am currently using the Quick2Net service and it is more than adequate for my minimal PDA surfing needs, and I have both Blazer and Xiino installed on my T615.  Blazer does have a nicer interface than Xiino, but an indispensable feature of Xiino is the ability to download .prc and .zip files from the internet.  Basically I can install programs onto my Clie without ever hotsyncing.

Anyway, I'm sure this is more information than you were looking for, but I hope some of it was helpful.  Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!
eyesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:59 PM   #11
mjpd1

Thanks for clearing that up! If you could go into more detail (ie pricing) about this "higher-speed" data service, I would greatly appreciate it. Being a real estate agent, I could greatly benefit from a faster service than the standard 14.4Kbps.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:42 PM   #12
clieconverted

Quick question about T720 on Verizon connecting to the Clie NX series (OS5.x). I wanted to confirm that you are running Palm OS 5.0 on a Clie NX Series with a Motorola T720 series phone.

The reason I ask is I have sold my Palm Tungsten T and plan on moving over to a Clie NX60 shortly. After many failed attempts with Verizon Support and that I could not get the Verizon script working between my TT and T720. Although the connectors are the same for an M505 & V60C as they are for the TT and T720C the cable doesn't work.

I am the process of getting my NX accessories in place so I have them ready to go.

Thanks.
clieconverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:32 PM   #13
eyesee
I love acappella music!

Quote:
Originally posted by mjpd1
Thanks for clearing that up! If you could go into more detail (ie pricing) about this "higher-speed" data service, I would greatly appreciate it. Being a real estate agent, I could greatly benefit from a faster service than the standard 14.4Kbps.

I apologize for the delay in my reply.  I've been out of town since late Thursday.  Anyway, the higher-speed data service is called Express Network.  It is rated at 144Kbps but actually averages only around 40-60Kbps, which is still quite a bit faster than Quick2Net service.  I haven't personally tried it out, but I haven't heard any negative comments about the feature either.  As for pricing information, I'll include a link to the service below...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/expr...work/index.html
eyesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:08 AM   #14
mjpd1

Thanks for the link and the info...$35 a month, on top of the $45 that I'm already paying for my cell phone, seems pretty steep IMO. I guess since I just got my Clie online, I'll give it a couple months and see just how frustrated, if at all, I get with the speed (or lack thereof)...
Old 01-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #15
mjpd1

Can anyone tell me how to connect the NR70V to a Moto V60c? I tried the above method, but the options are different than those of the T720. There is no "data rate" option to change! Any help would be greatly appreciated...