Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
  NEWS
  Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
  FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
  Games
  Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
  Audio/Video
  Cellphones
  Digital Cameras
  Gaming
  Gadgets & Gizmos
  Non-Palm OS PDAs
  PCs/Laptops
  Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
  FREEWARE
  Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
  ABOUT US
  Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
  LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices: 

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
the_iceman
Support Our Troops!
Bronze Contributor

Thumbs up Clie Skinner 1.0 Released

*HOT OFF THE PRESS*

Many of us, for some time now, have been a little disappointed with how Clie Handhelds have worked with the Virtual Grafitti(VG) and Status Bar (SB) skins. We have manually loaded skins, changed ID numbers, soft-resets all to get rid of the plain-jane look of our VG and SBs.

While the Geeks in us have loved using VGs and SBs provided by different graphic designers, there has been something missing ...... REAL COLOR and an easy way to change skins without complex processes.

Clie Skinner 1.0 program has now arrived to take your Clie's NR/NX/NZ/TH/UX handheld to a totally New Level in VG/SB Skin Beauty. The program, not only allows higher quality VGs and SB to be utilized on your handheld, it makes switching between skins even easier than ever before!

Skinner is an instant virtual graffiti and statusbar skin loader for NR, NX, NZ, TH and UX model Clies.

Here are some of the features of this wonderful program:

Instant loading: No reset is needed to load new skins--you see them instantly! (A reset is needed when Skinner is installed, de-installed, or its 16-bit setting is changed.)
16-bit support: Graffiti and statusbar skins used to be 8-bit which resulted in low quality, especially for photo skins. Now graffiti and statusbar skins can be in brilliant full 16-bit color. (Only in full version and in shareware version in trial period.)

Cross-loading: Load NR skins on NX, NZ and TH models. Load NX/NZ/TH skins on NR models. (Not available on UX because of different arrangement of graffiti and statusbar areas.) This includes features to automatically generate resources that your model needs but that the original skin may lack, like CF icons when loading an NX60 skin on an NX80 model.

Memory stick support: Save memory by storing all your skins except the currently loaded data on a memory stick, compact flash card or UX internal media storage. Move all your skins at once there. (Only in full version and in shareware version in trial period.)

Free skin pair: Gorgeous 16-bit Jeff Frankus (from zlthemes) "Layered Metals" graffiti skin for NR/NX/NZ/TH models and statusbar skin for NX/NZ/TH models.

Free upgrades: Your registration code will either work on all future versions or you will be issued a new one.

The Program is available on PalmGear.

This is a MUST-Have Program for Those Clie Owners of a NR/NX/NZ/TH/UX handheld. Download a copy today and see how well this program works with your handheld.

Last edited by the_iceman : 07-29-2004 at 09:58 AM.
the_iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
pruss

You can also let me make a bit more money by registering by sending $8 by paypal directly to me (ap85 at georgetown dot edu). The official home page of the project is www.prussfamily.us/skinner.html

For my shareware (FontSmoother, myKbd, mySkin, Accenter, FastLaunch and AtomClock) and freeware PalmOS software, go here: http://pruss.mobi
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
DanT
TH55 Nutcase member
Platinum Contributor

HELP!

I purchased it and am waiting for the Skinner_Registration.pdb.

Hit a snag, read the manual, but couldn't find answers. Here are the problems:
1. Installed Skinner.prc - no problem
2. Installed NX-NZ-TH-Status bar-icons.prc - no problem
3. Installed NR70-status bar-icons.prc - no problem
4. Installed Layered_Metals_VG.prc - no problem
5. Installed Layered_Metals_SB.prc - PROBLEM!

The HotSync message said that both item 4 and 5 are of the same file "LAYERE~1.PRC", therefore you can only install one of them.

Tried to install layered _Metals_VG (MS) since this is the only one that can be installed at this moment. When I highlighted and tapped Load, a screen popped up saying "Need 16-bit support". I tried to go to Options, preferences, put a check on 16-bit support, soft reset, etc., No FIX.

When I when back to built-in Sony SB, now the square WiFi icon is replaced with Sphinx round WiFi icon. Soft reset would not bring back the Sony square WiFi icon. I thought I can change them again manually by going to FileZ and change the Version ID, etc., but when I look into the File version IDs, they are already changed to 0 (by Clie Skinner?) For now, I stick with Sphinx VG & SB skins

Last edited by DanT : 07-29-2004 at 01:13 PM.
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
cayos
CO User

I downloaded the trial version and installed Skinner.prc and NX-NZ-TH-Status bar-icons.prc on my TH55/E. So far so good. I loaded the SB skin Sonipa NXMod. Unfortunately the bluetooth icon looks ugly (the black icon itself is surounded by a piece of the old status bar background) and doesn´t fit the skin. Is this supposed to be solved by the NX-NZ-TH...prc file or is it just me being too stupid to use your tool properly or what´s wrong?
cayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:25 PM   #5
the_iceman
Support Our Troops!
Bronze Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
HELP!

I purchased it and am waiting for the Skinner_Registration.pdb.

Hit a snag, read the manual, but couldn't find answers. Here are the problems:
1. Installed Skinner.prc - no problem
2. Installed NX-NZ-TH-Status bar-icons.prc - no problem
3. Installed NR70-status bar-icons.prc - no problem
4. Installed Layered_Metals_VG.prc - no problem
5. Installed Layered_Metals_SB.prc - PROBLEM!

The HotSync message said that both item 4 and 5 are of the same file "LAYERE~1.PRC", therefore you can only install one of them.

Tried to install layered _Metals_VG (MS) since this is the only one that can be installed at this moment. When I highlighted and tapped Load, a screen popped up saying "Need 16-bit support". I tried to go to Options, preferences, put a check on 16-bit support, soft reset, etc., No FIX.

When I when back to built-in Sony SB, now the square WiFi icon is replaced with Sphinx round WiFi icon. Soft reset would not bring back the Sony square WiFi icon. I thought I can change them again manually by going to FileZ and change the Version ID, etc., but when I look into the File version IDs, they are already changed to 0 (by Clie Skinner?) For now, I stick with Sphinx VG & SB skins

DanT .... email the developer... I'm sure he will know how to help you out with this one. Wish I could help... Just don't know how.

As far as the 'skins' installation problem.. ... almost sounds like a old DOS 8.3 format issue. You might want to rename the files on your system prior to installing (It won't affect the Internal Palm Name) to something like LMVG.prc (for Layered Metals VG) and LMSB.prc (for Layered Metals SB). See if that helps you out some
Old 07-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #6
poissonsouriant
Objection!

Send a message via AIM to poissonsouriant Send a message via Yahoo to poissonsouriant
Lovely! Now what we need are good 16-bit skins. The documentation says that there are none available, so are any skin developpers working on them?

My games:
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario Kart DS, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Super Princess Peach, Tetris DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and New Super Mario Bros.

Games I need to buy:
Starfox Command, Diddy Kong Racing DS, Yoshi's Island 2, DS Air, and more!

My Tetris DS Friend Code:399365-994993
My Mario Kart DS Friend Code:090255-118125
poissonsouriant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
the_iceman
Support Our Troops!
Bronze Contributor

Poissonsouriant .... if you look at the Skins and Backgrounds section ...... there are some in the works!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
wellsjs
X-TH55 Nutcase member <><
Silver Contributor

Deleted PhotoSkin before installing Skinner 1.0. I had about 10 different VGs and SBs loaded in RAM. This wonderful app successfully moved them to my MS, automatically creating the Skinner directory to store them in, and after a reset it performs flawlessly on my TH55! Now when I get home, I can load many more VGs and SBs that I simply didn't want taking up RAM!
. . . for unless you believe that I AM he you will die in your sins. - John 8:24 <><

PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
wellsjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #9
poissonsouriant
Objection!

Send a message via AIM to poissonsouriant Send a message via Yahoo to poissonsouriant
I have seen them...thank you. Now we just need to get them released. I could even make one if the tools for making them were easy enough to use. I'm not a very good programmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_iceman
Poissonsouriant .... if you look at the Skins and Backgrounds section ...... there are some in the works!

My games:
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario Kart DS, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Super Princess Peach, Tetris DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and New Super Mario Bros.

Games I need to buy:

Old 07-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
ir803
damn red pill !!!

OK this looks good and I am ready to start making hires 16bit skins, the matching blueplayer status and VG skin I made (go to www.cliemax.co.uk then to the skins page) would look sweet at higher res.....BUT how do I do it, I'm no programmer either so is there a hi res 16 bit skin maker coming ??
Old 07-29-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
pruss

The Festus440 VG Factory supports 16-bit VG skins. I've also made available a bunch of batch files for generating 16-bit VG and SB skins on handypalmstuff.sf.net.

For my shareware (FontSmoother, myKbd, mySkin, Accenter, FastLaunch and AtomClock) and freeware PalmOS software, go here: http://pruss.mobi
Old 07-29-2004, 04:23 PM   #12
pruss

And PalmGear has just approved my lot of 39 NX/NZ/TH/NR Graffiti skins and about thirty UX ones. (Some require Skinner to load on UX/NX/NZ/TH. All require Skinner on NR.) All are completely free (GPL, so you can even download the layered files they're made from and modify them as you wish as long as redistribution satisfies the GPL). If you go to these pages you get to see them all.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...fm?prodid=67671

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...fm?prodid=67670

Old 07-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #13
pruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT

The correct sequence is: Uncheck graffiti and statusbar in main screen, reset, check "16-bit support" in prefs, reset, load skin. Version 1.01 holds your hand a little more in this, and I sent 1.01 to DanT.

Last edited by pruss : 07-29-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:31 PM   #14
wellsjs
X-TH55 Nutcase member <><
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss
And PalmGear has just approved my lot of 39 NX/NZ/TH/NR Graffiti skins and about thirty UX ones. (Some require Skinner to load on UX/NX/NZ/TH. All require Skinner on NR.) All are completely free (GPL, so you can even download the layered files they're made from and modify them as you wish as long as redistribution satisfies the GPL). If you go to these pages you get to see them all.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...fm?prodid=67671

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...fm?prodid=67670
Thanks Alex, but the "67671" link has no download link!
. . . for unless you believe that I AM he you will die in your sins. - John 8:24 <><

PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
wellsjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #15
poissonsouriant
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsjs
Thanks Alex, but the "67671" link has no download link!

Yep, great skins, Alex. Sure would love to download them...

My games:

Games I need to buy:

Last edited by poissonsouriant : 07-29-2004 at 04:45 PM. Reason: rude