Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie TH-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2004, 10:09 AM   #16
ID Engineer

Jim:

Thanks for the background info - it makes sense, especially in light of Sony's decision to drop the Clie.

It seems odd that Intellisync is necessary at all for the Palm Mail.prc to work. I never had it on my T615, and synced just fine to Outlook 2003.

In the meantime I've downloaded the Documents to Go Premium Edition demo which adds Inbox to Go and the capability to handle attachments. Since I only need to upgrade Documents to Go from the Pro version which came with TH55 to the Premium version to get email capability I may just go that route. Being able to handle attachments makes it worth the cost to upgrade.

Thanks so much for the information and help!!
ID Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #17
exppcguy

ID Engineer,

I'm not sure if Inbox 2 Go will sync or if it too has problems with OL 2003. You may want to test it before you upgrade. I will try to reload Intellisync Lite with Mail.prc before I upgrade to full Intellisync. BTW, Intellisync (full) also handles attachments, but apparently with no size or type filtering capability.

Let me know how your Inbox 2 Go works for you.

EXPPCGUY
exppcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:44 PM   #18
ID Engineer

exppcguy:

Inbox to Go seems to work great - Powerpoint, Word, and Excel files seem to come across perfectly. I believe that there is a menu setting to filter attachments by size. I forgot to set it and downloaded 400+ emails with lots of large Powerpoint attachments etc. - and it all fit on TH55 - with 1 MB to spare! I've since set it so that attachments go to the memory stick which seems to work flawlessly. So far, so good!

It costs $29.95 to upgrade from DTG Pro to Premium edition, which gets you Inbox to Go.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #19
jroberson_sc

Thumbs down ok now i'm just confused

i have a Clie SJ20 first of all. when i hotsync, it says all the operations were successful, even mail. but, when i got to read my mail on the handheld, my inbox shows up empty even though i have messages in Outlook 2003 under my hotmail account.
that being said:
what do i need to do to be able to read my mail on my clie?
Old 12-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #20
ID Engineer

Hi-
I don't know how the situation on the SJ20 compares to the TH55. Are you using Clie Mail or a different email program? On the TH55 Clie Mail will not sync with OL2003 and I ended up switching to DocsToGo/InboxToGo which works great.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
mark krebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by exppcguy
ID Engineer,

I had exactly the same error message you described above.

Here is what I did, and it worked for me:

I called Sony, and they told me Clie Mail will not work with my version of Outlook (Office Outlook 2003), which syncs with a MS Exchange server at work. They told me to upgrade to Intellisync full version (not Lite), so I downloaded and installed Demo version (full verison with 30 day limit).

I still had a problem, so I called Intellisync, and they said the full version does not work with Clie Mail, and they told me to download a file called Mail.prc off their support page. I did so, and hotsynced, and this program got loaded onto my handeheld as the Palm OS5 mail program. Lo and behold, it synced, and grabbed all my 3,900 e-mails off my inbox. I'm glad I had disabled download attachment feature before I hotsynced! I will get my inbox under control before I enable attachements - there is no filter for attachment size.

And, most importantly, when I delete e-mails on the TH55 now, they get deleted off the desktop (with a single confirmation during the hotsync)! I could never configure my T3 versamail to do this. I also tried PPC and no luck there either. Intellisync is not rich in features, but it works!

I am finally a happy camper, and will be registering Intellisync soon.

EXPPCGUY

Hi guys. I want to know if you have got contacts and calendar synchronization with your solutions (eg intellisync). Not being able to sync my MSExchange mail/calendar/contacts is the biggest problem with my TH-55, and I have not been able to solve it...

I too would like to do it wirelessly.

Funny, I just got an iTouch (from my kid) and am astounded how primitive it feels to try to get data INTO it. The graffitti (1, natch') alone has me again in love with my clie.
mark krebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #22
exppcguy

Wow, this old forum is a blast from the past. Sorry Mark, can't help you. Moved onto Blackberry years ago, and left my Clie behind.
exppcguy is offline   Reply With Quote