Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Mac / Linux
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2004, 06:26 AM   #16
tnhh
Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

I didn't use the app, I manually edited the .plist files. I'm using Palm Desktop 4.2.1 though. Have you tried upgrading? Does 4.2.1 work with MacOS 10.1?
tnhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #17
bh77a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhh
I didn't use the app, I manually edited the .plist files. I'm using Palm Desktop 4.2.1 though. Have you tried upgrading? Does 4.2.1 work with MacOS 10.1?

I downloaded Palm Desktop 4.2.1 from PalmOne today and successfully installed it. After running the pdique app, nothing appears to happen. I have been able to see the specified files by "showing the package contents" of the last file in the respective paths... How did you update them manually? The ".plist" files seem to be associated with "TextEdit". Can I open them via TextEdit and manually enter the appropriate numbers?

CLIE TJ27, Tungsten E(1), TX, CLIE TH55/U
bh77a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #18
tnhh
Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh77a
The ".plist" files seem to be associated with "TextEdit". Can I open them via TextEdit and manually enter the appropriate numbers?

Yes, the .plist files are just text files. I used vim, but I don't see why TextEdit wouldn't work (don't blame me if your Mac stops working though! ) You probably want to make sure no Palm applications are running while you edit the files, and I had to reboot afterwards to get my TH55 to work.

Are you sure the the pdiQue didn't work? Here's what the end of my /Applications/Palm/HotSync Manager/Contents/Plug-ins/USBNotifier/Contents/Info.plist file looks like so that you know what to do. Hope this helps!

Code:
<dict> <key>USBProduct</key> <string>154</string> <key>USBVendor</key> <string>1356</string> </dict> <dict> <key>USBProduct</key> <string>218</string> <key>USBVendor</key> <string>1356</string> </dict> <dict> <key>USBProduct</key> <string>324</string> <key>USBVendor</key> <string>1356</string> </dict> </array> </dict> </plist>
Old 07-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #19
nickms

The files exist. If you reread the posts here they contain a full explanaition of how to do the mod manually. The .plist in question are inside the Hotsync Manger, Transport Monitor, and Palm Sync files. They are packages. If you press control and click on them and select Show Package Contents you then find a file inside each of the afore mentioned file called USB Notifier. Control click USB Notifier inside this package you will find the necessary .plist file. If pdique did not work. try using disk utility to perform a permissions fix on your system. PDiQue was originally designed for palm desktop 4.1 so it should work fine. As stated in previous post you could also use Apple's Property List Editor which comes with the developer tools. If you search Version Tracker or Google you could also find third party .plist editors for Mac.
nickms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 PM   #20
tnhh
Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickms
As stated in previous post you could also use Apple's Property List Editor which comes with the developer tools. If you search Version Tracker or Google you could also find third party .plist editors for Mac.

What do these editors do that a normal text editor doesn't? As far as I can tell the plist files are just normal XML text files. Am I likely to have broken my Mac by using vim instead of the Property List Editor?

Excuse me if this question is a bit basic, I am not a Mac user (I just play with a PowerBook from time to time).
Old 07-01-2004, 02:51 PM   #21
nickms

.plist editors really just format all that code you saw, surrounding the IDs of interest, when you used text edit. Makes is easier to sort through different elements of the property list by clearly organized labeling and heirarchical listing.

P.S. On a side note, I just had a really bad experience trying to by a Clie TH55 from a Seller on Amazon. Does anyone know if and where I could find one for less than 335.00 (lowest price available on eCost.com)

P.P.S Anyone who wants a UX50, Infinity-Micro.com sells them new for 334.00. I thought it was a typo when I saw it :-)
Old 07-01-2004, 10:51 PM   #22
bh77a

It works!!! Thank you so very much... My CLIE TJ27 now syncs with my iMac...

To get it working, I copied the contents of each file, added the necessary info for the TJ27 and saved it as a plain text file, using TextEdit... then re-inserted them into their respective patches...

Over the weekend, I will by trying it out with the Memory Stick, Docs to Go, WordSmith, PDA Safe, IdeaPad and MAL Conduit... I will get back to you on my degrees of success....

Thanks again

CLIE TJ27, Tungsten E(1), TX, CLIE TH55/U
bh77a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 04:03 PM   #23
Niner

Unhappy T615 can't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsdsd
I use OS X 10.2 and the latest version of Palm Desktop with my Clie 615 and have had no problems at all. Now, I don't use a Memory Stick, and I really don't do much with music or pictures on my Clie, but it works just fine.

It's not so lucky for my Clie T615. I use Mac OSX 10.3.4, and Palm desktop 4.2.1. Every time when I plug my T615 and press the Hot Sync bottom, the screen jumps out the message :
" Conduit Manager : File is busy"
and only option "OK" I can press. After pressing on OK, the connection is broken out and stop synchronizing with my Clie. I try another condition that I launch the Palm Desktop first, and then press HotSync bottom. The screen jumps out the mesage :
"File is busy"
and left "Quit" option I can choose. Under this condition, the HotSync can be finished, but the four major items: To Do, Memo, Date Book, and Address Book, are failed. It's strange. I don't know why and what the problem it would be. Could anyone tell me how to solve my problem?

I tried Palm Desktop 4.1 and 4.2.1, and end up the same result. Somebody help me. Thanks a lot.

My system: iBook G4 800 MacOS X 10.3.4 Clie T615
Old 07-03-2004, 08:45 PM   #24
nickms

Mounting Memory Stick On The Mac OS X Desktop

I checked Markspace' tech. support FAQ for Missingsync for Clie. Under the question "What files are installed?" it indicates modifications to the same files mentioned on this forum. So, they must be doing the same thing outlined here. To mount the memory stick as a volume on the Mac OS X desktop they recommend uploading MS Import.prc to the Clie. This .prc is found on the installation disk that comes with the Clie. Once you've uploaded the file run start the app and tap connect. This should cause the memory stick to show up as an external drive on your desktop.

To the guy with the Hotsync problems. Try uninstalling palm desktop, run a permissions fix on your OS using disk utility. Perform a hard rest on your Clie and wipe all of its memory, then reinstall Palm Desktop, and try syncing. This is my best suggestion, sorry if it doesn't help.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #25
Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickms
To the guy with the Hotsync problems. Try uninstalling palm desktop, run a permissions fix on your OS using disk utility. Perform a hard rest on your Clie and wipe all of its memory, then reinstall Palm Desktop, and try syncing. This is my best suggestion, sorry if it doesn't help.

Thanks nickms. I followed the stepts you told me except the wiping all memory. I don't really understand what wiping memory means. Does it mean that I have to delete all data on my Clie? The hard reset means the "overall" reset my clie to back to its factory setting? If yes, I think I need to backup all my data first. right?

I installed Palm Desktop 4.1 before, and worked well with my Clie T615. But after three months traveling, no Hotsync during my travel, the Hotsync problems jumped out. I don't know why, then I upgrade Palm Desktop to 4.2.1, but it still can't work.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I hope I can find out the solution.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #26
cubed

does anyone know where I an a copy of MS Import.prc. I have a lot of the same issues with my th55. it didn't come on my clie cd. please email me with it. jrlovo@verizon.net.

thanks a lot
J
Old 07-26-2004, 11:59 PM   #27
Joel
1src Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to Joel Send a message via AIM to Joel Send a message via MSN to Joel Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
MS Import is known as Data Import in the TH55.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #28
rtstrong

I have a TJ35 and cannot sync with my PowerBook running Mac OS 10.3.3 and Palmdesktop 4.2.1, which worked fine with my T615C. What are the "ID"s for the TJ35? Do only the three "p.lists" mentioned need to be modified?
rtstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:43 PM   #29
tnhh
Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtstrong
What are the "ID"s for the TJ35? Do only the three "p.lists" mentioned need to be modified?

OK, did a quick google search, and found this page, that indicates that the TJ25, TJ35 and TJ37 use the same IDs as the TJ27 as listed above. Try USBVendor ID 1356 and the USBProduct ID 361 and post here to let us know if it works.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #30
BobHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhh
OK, did a quick google search, and found this page, that indicates that the TJ25, TJ35 and TJ37 use the same IDs as the TJ27 as listed above. Try USBVendor ID 1356 and the USBProduct ID 361 and post here to let us know if it works.

See reply #7 of the current thread.
http://www.1src.com/forums/showpost...439&postcount=7
BobHarris is offline   Reply With Quote