You heard it here first.
Sony Japan released an update for the TH55, titled
"PEG-TH55 802.11b Transfer Rate Fix Software".
It's located here: http://www.nccl.sony.co.jp/download...211211_jpJP.prc
It says that it fixes problems where your transfer rate becomes slow when connecting to certain access points on powersave mode. It also says that this update is for the Japanese model only. Any brave soul wanna try this out? UPDATE
: The update replaces the wireless setup screen with a Japanese version, and all the text will become unreadable symbols. If you are going to be needing to add more access points soon, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you DO NOT install this update! UPDATE2
: ikarus9999 has translated the update into English and is available on this thread: http://www.cliesource.com/forums/sh...&threadid=46423
This is the instructions for installing via HotSync.
Please make sure that you have installed CLIE Palm Desktop from the bundled CD.
Also, make sure you have enough space. The size of this update module, inst_80211b_TH55_211211_jpJP.prc, is 297KB.
If you don't have enough space, please delete unneeded applications.
Please follow the below instructions to install the update:
1) Download inst_80211b_TH55_211211_jpJP.prc from http://www.nccl.sony.co.jp/download...211211_jpJP.prc
2) Start CLIE Palm Desktop.
3) Click the "Install" icon.
4) Select the appropriate user.
5) Press "Add".
6) Select the file inst_80211b_TH55_211211_jpJP.prc that you downloaded in 1) and select "Open".
7) Press "Done". Now the file is ready to be installed on the next HotSync.
8) Hotsync your Clie.
9) Soft reset your Clie.
Note: If you install this module via a Memory Stick, please manually reset the Clie.
[Checking for successful update]
1) Run "CLIE Files"
2) Select "Handheld" on the upper right corner
3) Make sure it's displaying "All Databases"
4) Scroll down, and make sure "BCMLib" and "CFEtherNppi" are present.