Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie TH-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
howdie247

TH @ Best Buy Preorder for $319.99

I just checked out bestbuy.com this morning and it shows the TH at only $319.99. Don't know if this is a misprint or if it's the official price the store is selling it at. That's only $20 more than the TJ-37!
howdie247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:05 AM   #2
ClieKun
Love and Peace To All :)

here we GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Ball is in PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Each Other And May Your God bless you.
ClieKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
Unregistered

I'm not a registered user, but I want to share this with people who are crazy in TH55 (including me...). I've just placed the pre-order at BestBuy.com. Yes, the pre-order price is $319.99 (I also think it's a misprint but who cares...?), but it doesn't mean the store price will be the same and it may be different once it's released. Also, this may not be available in stores. This is from BestBuy.com --> "From our expanded online assortment; not available in Best Buy retail stores." Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 02-10-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
jumpyg

WOW! Thanks a lot for the tip! I ordered mine for $319.99 + $19.20 tax for a total of $339.19. They even threw in free shipping!

Check this out from Best Buy's Pre-Order FAQ:

Quote:
Q: Can you ensure the price listed at the time the pre-order is placed will remain the same?
A: Yes and no. When a price is assigned to a pre-ordered item, we are reasonably certain it will remain at that price. However, from time to time given how far in advance we make items available to our customers a price change will occur. If this happens, you will always receive the lower of the two prices. For example, if you order an item for $49.99 and the pre-order price is later dropped to $39.99, you will be charged only $39.99. If you ordered the item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still pay only $49.99. When you place a pre-order, you are assured our lowest pre-release price.

Note that if the price rises later, you still only pay the pre-order price! I don't see any downsides here.

I wasn't going to buy this until I read some more reviews, but at that price, I feel it was a no-brainer. I've got plenty of cash left now to buy a Wi-Fi router. Woo-hoo!
Old 02-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
Unregistered

I just pre-ordered mine also, couldn't stop myself , just printed the receipt- got if for 319.99- I am certain this is a misprint but hopefully they will honor the price. just hoping all the local retails don't have them in weeks before mine shows up - that could be a test of my patience- but at that price I am saving at least 80 bones. hope it all works out for us pre order dudes.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Unregistered

I ordered one too - great price except for the tax . Oh well, California needs the $23.00. The price does seem a little too good to be true
Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
jumpyg

I found the TH-55 for $373 at CompSource:

http://www.c-source.com/csource/new...art_no=PEGTH55U

You probably don't have to pay tax, and shipping is free, but Best Buy is still the price to beat.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
Unregistered

If the price rises tomorrow, I believe you'll have to pay the new price unless you have a proof like a printout to show the lower price. I had the experience before... Also, the store price is not always the same as the online price. I bought a T3 couple weeks ago in a BestBuy store for $299.99, but the online price is $399.99.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #9
jumpyg

Quote:
If the price rises tomorrow, I believe you'll have to pay the new price unless you have a proof like a printout to show the lower price.

Look at the FAQ I printed above from BestBuy.com. It says if the price goes up, you pay the price you pre-ordered at. That seems plain as day to me. They sent me a confirmation email and I printed a receipt.

Search for "pre-order" at Best Buy.com and you'll find that document. It also says that your credit card won't be charged until they ship the item, which is nice.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #10
Unregistered

I totally agree with you (I'm the 1st unregistered user in this thread who already placed the pre-order.). Maybe you misunderstood what I mean... Yes, they will honor the pre-order price. What I was trying to say is if you don't place the order today and the price goes up tomorrow, you'll have to pay the higher price. I'm just trying to tell people not to miss the chance (if it really is a misprint, BestBuy will adjust the price very quickly.). You can still refund it within 14 days.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #11
rldunn
Michigan Mod

Wow, that Best Buy deal is an awesome deal. Thanks for finding that out, and also thanks to jumpyg for posting the details of the Preorder price. That was enough to put me over the top. I placed my order, and I'll think about this for a month. If I decide I don't want it, I'll either return it or sell it on ebay. Or if I keep it, I'm sure I can sell my NX80 plus my Wifi card (both only a few months old) for at least the Best Buy price for the TH. Thanks again!!
rldunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #12
rldunn
Michigan Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I totally agree with you (I'm the 1st unregistered user in this thread who already placed the pre-order.). Maybe you misunderstood what I mean... Yes, they will honor the pre-order price. What I was trying to say is if you don't place the order today and the price goes up tomorrow, you'll have to pay the higher price. I'm just trying to tell people not to miss the chance (if it really is a misprint, BestBuy will adjust the price very quickly.). You can still refund it within 14 days.
To clarify, you can refund within 14 days of when you actually receive it, not 14 days from placing the order. And they don't charge you until it ships, so you're right, if you think you might want to go for it, there's really no negative to putting in your pre-order.
rldunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #13
ClieKun

wow does it matter?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #14
contempt
Senior Bored Member

The only thing that sucks is I read earlier posts that stated delivery for 2/20. The site now states 3/4 - 3/6 for delivery.
contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:46 PM   #15
ClieKun

oh geshhhhhhhh not good sorry