Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:†

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Older Clie
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #46
34Ford

Brando!

Just put my Brando on and it gets my vote.
Sweet!

Now I can take a breather, now that I have protection
http://shop.brando.com.hk/screenprotector.php

I also bought a Sena case w/belt clip. Black on black. Reason I went with it is I wear t-shirts in the summer with no pockets. And I dont really like my shirt sagging due to a pda in it anyway.

Dennis
34Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #47
BoxWave

BoxWave! .

Hey all,

Just wanted tot let you guys know we have some other threads going on this exact board regarding the quality and benefits of our screen protectors.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Best wishes!

Wing Lum
BoxWave

This week's featured accessories: Treo 700p accessories
BoxWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #48
Lee
Poliglot

I've used Fellowes (wear out quickly and difficult to apply), Brando (easier though not easy to apply, wears out after several months use), G2 from pdascreenprotectors.com (avoid !, the one I received was too big requiring trimming, difficult to apply though washable, but screen lost all sensitivity because it's too thick)

I think I'll try the acetate from Office Depot or similar and make my own. They're all way too expensive for what you get.
Warmongering: a Bush Family value...
CODENAME: Naples
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #49
BoxWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I've used Fellowes (wear out quickly and difficult to apply), Brando (easier though not easy to apply, wears out after several months use), G2 from pdascreenprotectors.com (avoid !, the one I received was too big requiring trimming, difficult to apply though washable, but screen lost all sensitivity because it's too thick)

I think I'll try the acetate from Office Depot or similar and make my own. They're all way too expensive for what you get.

Hi Lee,

Have you considered BoxWave's ClearTouch Anti-Glares or ClearTouch Crystals?

Each ClearTouch is custom made for a specific handheld to fit the screen perfectly. ClearTouch is also washable, making it possible for reuse. Many customers have used their ClearTouch for nearly a year and have not found a reason to apply a new one!

It's also available in a Special 3-pack Bundle to provide some hefty savings.

Come check it out here: ClearTouch Anti-Glare or ClearTouch Crystal

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers,

Cho

Old 11-29-2004, 06:15 PM   #50
Guatiao

Hey BoxWave, I just ordered mine for my new T3, I hope the live up to the hype... LOL!

Just kidding! I've read many great reviews, so I guess they will get the job done.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #51
Bunkeeburns

Send a message via AIM to Bunkeeburns Send a message via Yahoo to Bunkeeburns
Thumbs up Screen Protectiors - I vote for BoxWave

I bought my first PDA ever; a Sony TH55 two months ago and the Palm ones were the only ones available when I was in another store and realized I needed to purchase a screen protector. One of the most aggravating things about the Palm protectors I bought was is they have to be cut to fit your screen.

I've since ordered and am using the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector. I also ordered the regular anti-glare ClearTouch to use when this one needs replacing.

Even though the Crystal is not anti-glare it is still way better than the Palm ones. As a matter of fact, the glare doesnít even bother me; Iím so impressed with the clarity of the screen and the colors that come through. I'm sure I'll be pleased with the other one will as well whenever I replace this one.
Bunkeeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:54 PM   #52
BoxWave

Bunkeeburns,

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your ClearTouch!

Thanks for your support

Cheers,
Cho

Old 01-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #53
Lee
Poliglot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxWave
Hi Lee,

Have you considered BoxWave's ClearTouch Anti-Glares or ClearTouch Crystals?

Each ClearTouch is custom made for a specific handheld to fit the screen perfectly. ClearTouch is also washable, making it possible for reuse. Many customers have used their ClearTouch for nearly a year and have not found a reason to apply a new one!

It's also available in a Special 3-pack Bundle to provide some hefty savings.

Come check it out here: ClearTouch Anti-Glare or ClearTouch Crystal

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers,

Cho

Well, I ordered a 3-pack of ClearTouch from you, and I'm sorry to report that I'm disappointed. They do fit well and are easy to apply, but they scratch so easily. I had marks on it the first day, and after two weeks the Graffiti area is badly scratched now, so much so that's it's annoying to use. I've tried buffing out the scratched area with rubbing compound but it still is very noticeable when I use Graffiti. I keep mine clean, in a leather case, and am careful to clean my stylus tip often, but it seems that the occasional dust particle is enough to mar the surface. I work in an office, so it's not getting rough treatment other than because I use it for hours every day.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:00 PM   #54
BoxWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Well, I ordered a 3-pack of ClearTouch from you, and I'm sorry to report that I'm disappointed. They do fit well and are easy to apply, but they scratch so easily. I had marks on it the first day, and after two weeks the Graffiti area is badly scratched now, so much so that's it's annoying to use. I've tried buffing out the scratched area with rubbing compound but it still is very noticeable when I use Graffiti. I keep mine clean, in a leather case, and am careful to clean my stylus tip often, but it seems that the occasional dust particle is enough to mar the surface. I work in an office, so it's not getting rough treatment other than because I use it for hours every day.

Lee,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our ClearTouch.

Many of our ClearTouch users are pleased to find that they are able to use their ClearTouch for a substancial time before they have to put another one on. Could I ask if you've ordered the Anti-Glare or Crystal? The Anti-Glare provides a smoother writing surface while it is a bit more resistant to scratches.

Any unused Clear Touch under our 100-day warranty is eligible for exchange or a refund within 30-days of your purchase. Please let me know what you'd like to do, I'd love to assist you further.

Cheers,

Cho

Old 02-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #55
Lee
Poliglot

Hi Cho
thanks for the response. I bought the Crystal version and will take you up on the refund offer. Please PM me with details.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #56
DrNicket
I loveded you piggy.

Send a message via ICQ to DrNicket Send a message via AIM to DrNicket Send a message via MSN to DrNicket Send a message via Yahoo to DrNicket
I use the WriteRight screen protectors bought from Staples (On clearance right now all over Canada. bought a pack for $2.50!). I love having them, but I have two big beefs and a small one:

1. Tough to apply without catching a fleck of dust or a tiny bubble or two.
2. Smear/smudge easy. A dry cloth would make it worse and I don't have a wetwipe style cloth.
3. Texture's a little sticky for writing (see: smudge). Best to write at a slight angle, or use a softer tipped stylus like the one in my Papermate PhD Multi (My wife bought me one a year ago X-mas, I lost it, and she bought me two more this year 8^). The SJ33 stylus tip is too hard for heavy use on this protector.

I almost always ruin the first protector in my frustrating attempt to apply it cleanly. I usually have to relift it once or twice to get it on smoothly. A steadier hand would help, but I'd say it's mostly skill.

The thing I do like about it is I can leave it on for a few months before it starts to bother me.

"Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!"
- Ash (Bruce Campbell)
DrNicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #57
ss4vegito7

I bought NUSHIELD and I love it! I can't tell that its on and instalation was easy. The best thing i like about using a screen protector is not being afrain of using my fingers on the screen. I can use my fingers with apps like calculator without any fear!
ss4vegito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #58
kouker

Just got the ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector from BoxWave. Too thick, too blurry, significantly reduces outdoor visibility, size is not exact (1-2mm less then perfect). Also in daylightit reveals every tiny scratch on my used TH55 screen, even those previously unnoticeable... VERY disappointed. Would never recommend it. Just want everybody know.
kouker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #59
BoxWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouker
Just got the ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector from BoxWave. Too thick, too blurry, significantly reduces outdoor visibility, size is not exact (1-2mm less then perfect). Also in daylightit reveals every tiny scratch on my used TH55 screen, even those previously unnoticeable... VERY disappointed. Would never recommend it. Just want everybody know.

kouker,

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the ClearTouch Anti-Glare. However, it looks like the ClearTouch Crystal would have been a better fit for you. Most Anti-Glare users like the "matte" finish that gives them the pen on paper feel when they use their stylus on the screen. ClearTouch Crystal is known for it's amazing glass-like clarity and 99% visual transparency. It's so clear that it can't be noticed on your screen when your device is on.

Also, ClearTouch will leave a 1mm gap around all sides when it is aligned in the center. If not, one side will have a bigger gap than another.

Please let me know if I could assist you further.

Cheers,
Cho

Old 08-19-2005, 10:30 PM   #60
Meatpuppy

Boxwave's ClearTouch are the worst. They are cut too small and don't adhere evenly.
Boxwave customer service is sorely lacking, as well. Brando is the best choice- have used Brando protectors on several PDAs and they are well made and very durable.
Meatpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote