Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
  NEWS
  Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
  FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
  Games
  Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
  Audio/Video
  Cellphones
  Digital Cameras
  Gaming
  Gadgets & Gizmos
  Non-Palm OS PDAs
  PCs/Laptops
  Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
  FREEWARE
  Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
  ABOUT US
  Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
  LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices: 

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie TJ-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
Streamhawk
Mac Lover...Treo User

Unhappy Oh When? Oh When?

The new TJ35 looks great, and the features are great to, but for T665c users like me that still wait in the shadows, when will we see a competition for the Palm T3? a Clié T series with a 320x480 screen?

Palm got it right, a lot of people are looking for just that, but for us Clié users who have invested a little amount of money in other Clié products, going to Palm would mean spending more money than just the cost of the Palm T3. Please Sony, tell us that your thinking up a device that will compete with the T3!
Streamhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:04 AM   #2
riversen
Remaining in Him

Amen to that. I have heard people speculating that the TG50 replacement will finally be the TT3 competitor and true T665 replacement. I am hoping so because I, too, have invested a lot of money into my Sony products.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
mlojewski

Re: Oh When? Oh When?

Quote:
Originally posted by Streamhawk
The new TJ35 looks great, and the features are great to, but for T665c users like me that still wait in the shadows, when will we see a competition for the Palm T3? a Clié T series with a 320x480 screen?

Palm got it right, a lot of people are looking for just that, but for us Clié users who have invested a little amount of money in other Clié products, going to Palm would mean spending more money than just the cost of the Palm T3. Please Sony, tell us that your thinking up a device that will compete with the T3!

I believe Sony has a device that competes with the T3, the UX50, which is waaay better than the T3, just gonna wait for the price to drop a little! And the new TJ's are waaay better than the TE, they look so much better, better software, and faster processor.
mlojewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
riversen
Remaining in Him

I disagree to your view of the UX50. Though it is a great design in many respects, I do not like the screen at all. The screen is way too small and I find that totally unacceptable for $699. If the screen were bigger (like the screen on the UX80V) or the whole UX50 PDA were smaller, I would be a much bigger fan. Of course, I would wait for the price to drop, too. Unfortunately, the screen does not work for me and TG50 format with a VG screen would be my ideal PDA. If Sony only had a standard screen size. I cannot tell you how frustrated I at the smaller screen. It really ticks me off.

I do agree with you on your view of the TJ. It does appear to rock... of course, I have not yet seen it.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #5
Streamhawk
Mac Lover...Treo User

Guys, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To some the Cliés in the Market are exactly what the need, but to others who like to see things better and get the most out of a buck, an upgrade on the screen size to 320x480 would be the only thing from letting me get a new Clié UX50, yes it's fast and it's incredible in many ways but a 320x320 screen come on! for that price! If I didn't want a bigger screen I would bye today the new TJ, it's perfect for it's size.

All I'm saying is make a new Clié without the keyboard and a bigger screen, in short a T665c with 320x480 resolution and of course all the new features of today, no camera included, but Bluetooth would be great in there too.

So it's ok to say what you think, that's what the forums are for. But if you go to the specs of the PDAs in question here, you'll see that there's really no Clié that competes with the Palm T3, only if it's just the screen what you see different. Did you know that you need a better battery for a screen 320x480 in a Palm that size! not all the specs are out in the open!

I know I'm not alone in this request, the T665c when it came out it sold out, it's a great model and it satisfied a lot of the peoples demands in that time. Now an upgrade with a bigger screen and VG is the next logical step.

Last edited by Streamhawk : 10-10-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #6
riversen
Remaining in Him

Quote:
Guys, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To some the Cliés in the Market are exactly what the need, but to others who like to see things better and get the most out of a buck, an upgrade on the screen size to 320x480 would be the only thing from letting me get a new Clié UX50, yes it's fast and it's incredible in many ways but a 320x320 screen come on! for that price!

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I did want to clarify that the UX50 and UX40 do have 320X480 resolution screens. It is just a smaller screen in its physical aspect. There are 320X480 pixels, but the they have been made very small to save on battery life (or for some other reason that does not make sense to me). I think that this was a bad trade off because I will soon need reading glasses and the smaller size is useless to me. Also, the screen looks really out of proportion with the very thick border around it. If they made the whole PDA smaller or increased the screen size, I would have bought this thing. It does have the first keyboard that I can actually use.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #7
Streamhawk
Mac Lover...Treo User

My apologies Riversen I was confusing the UX50 with the TG50...all I said before about the UX50 I meant to say it about the TG50...your right about the screen size in the UX50.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #8
riversen
Remaining in Him

Quote:
My apologies Riversen I was confusing the UX50 with the TG50...all I said before about the UX50 I meant to say it about the TG50...your right about the screen size in the UX50.

Not a problem. I really wish they would make a VG version of TG50 also. I really think that it could complete very well with the TT3 if they increase the RAM and perhaps processor speed (of course, with a better battery). I hope Sony answers because they are loosing a lot of sales. I cannot tell you how many people that I have spoken to who have given up their Sony's for the new TT3. It is NO small number.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #9
Sige Lang

You guys are not the only one that's

WAITING!

I gave away my 'Sony' 128MS stick. Honest!
Because I can't wait.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #10
sdcromer

I've been waiting for Sony to intoduce a "T" series form factor with virtual graffiti for over a year. In the mean time I've used a HP h1910. If Sony or Palm would come out with a tablet style device with 320 x 480 I would drop PPC in a second.

Patiently waiting..........

sdcromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:55 PM   #11
Streamhawk
Mac Lover...Treo User

Hey sdcromer, did you look at the Palm T3 lately?

http://www.palmOne.com/us/products/...ds/tungsten-t3/

Maybe now Sony will make a device to compete with this one.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #12
sdcromer

Quote:
Hey sdcromer, did you look at the Palm T3 lately?

http://www.palmOne.com/us/products/...ds/tungsten-t3/

Maybe now Sony will make a device to compete with this one.

I have come ooooooooooooh so close to buying a T3 this past week. But I am still holding out for that slim form factor. The TJ35 would be perfect if it had the virtual graffiti. I even use graffiti on the PPC. I just hate the PPC interface and PIM functions. I read alot of ebooks and have really come to appreciate the expanded screen on the h1910.

Old 10-12-2003, 04:18 PM   #13
sdcromer

I went to CompUSA today and fondled the T3. This may be close enough to get me to post the h1910 on ebay. The T3 is sweet!!!

Does the TJ35 have a removeable battery?

Last edited by sdcromer : 10-12-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:20 PM   #14
riversen
Remaining in Him

The TJ35 does NOT have a removable battery. It is very simple and very stripped down.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:09 PM   #15
yr3698
Im buZZZZin my way to GIT

Send a message via AIM to yr3698 Send a message via Yahoo to yr3698
Quote:
Originally posted by sdcromer
I went to CompUSA today and fondled the T3.

*ding* inappropriate handling (touching) of all palm products is prohibited, and there will be no concessions to this rule. Thank you for choosing palm products, have a T day