Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Medical
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #16
Kleejam
Senior Goldfish

look near the top left along the list of buttons
Kleejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #17
roper

OK, Finally!!
When I had logged in before, I have Javascript disabled etc etc, so on that L hand frame on the home page, all I saw was their HTML source code for all those little buttons, nothing else.

So I temporarily enabled Java, cookies etc & re-booted, then logged back in. This time I got all the icons & was able to DL. He has copy protection so the copy to the MS doesn't work from iSilo, so you have to change destination to MS with the hotsync mgr before hotsync.

What I am thinking (for at least part of the problem), is that he HAD a time limit on DL in the previous versions too, only he didn't say that in my 1 previous email. Why tho, I didn't get any more emails for so long is beyond me.

Anyway, at least I now have the document!!!
roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:06 PM   #18
jthompson
What's next?

Sounds like he was maybe having problems with spam blocking software on the internet. I ran into my first problems with being misindentified as a potential spammer lately. I had simply emailed a memo to the docs in my EM group (I'm the Chief). Half the messages bounced back with a comment that some server somewhere thought I had mailed out spam. Yuk.
jthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #19
jcmorganstein

To the original poster of this thread... as a resident and user of CMC since it was first released as separate books, and someone who emailed back and forth with Dr Weber to improve this book (the index of terms was my suggestion ;-), AND the owner of books from emedicine, skyscape, handheldmed, franklin electronics, and others... the Clinical Medicine Consult is the absolute best and most used software on my handheld. There is no reference on the market that can compare to CMC and this disparity is even more extreme when you factor in the fact that it only costs $50.

To the person having difficulty downloading from XDrive... you're not alone. I've had problems as well. I couldn't download it with Safari on my iMac, so I had to use Internet Explorer (yuk!) instead and that worked. I think their website has some display issues. These are minor inconveniences that Dr Weber addresses as promptly as possible. In my experience, he is very prompt and courteous with replies. As several have mentioned, I know he has had email issues the past few months. A co-worker of mine had difficulty contacting him. I can tell you from about 3 years of interacting with him that he seems to be quite a gentleman and has worked far more hours on the CMC than what he is paid in royalties... this is particularly true given how often people pirate his software.

I encourage people to stick it out, through the email and download problems, to use the CMC. It's worth every penny IMHO.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:27 PM   #20
Flip

Thumbs up

I agree with the POSITIVES above.  Dr. Weber has a darn fine piece of software.  I only wish I could get back the $200 bucks I have given Skyscape over the last few years!  CMC and Tarascon (or Epocrates) and you got it all!

I have traded Emails with Dr. Weber numerous times and he is quick to respond and always helpful. 

Hey Carl...you want to offer me a job?!

~ Flip

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:36 AM   #21
roper

I agree too, with all the (+)s & jcmorganstein - thats why I said this was such a good piece of medical software a long time ago.

However, I am thinking, even the tiniest businesses have a phone number to at least leave a voice mail & there is no phone number on his website. So since I couldn't reach him by email - how am I supposed to?

Whether he was having problems with his email or not, business practices (I think) dictate - that your customers/patients/the hospital have to be able to reach you somehow).

Great piece of software, but also my 2 cents...
roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:13 AM   #22
3rdyear

Thank you so much for answering my question (and also for helping roper with his problem).

So, I've decided to purchase CMC, but I am confused about the readers. I have emailed Dr. Weber but I haven't heard back yet.
Please tell me if you use Mobipocket or iSilo to view CMC and why. I have both and I wonder which you prefer. Also, is there just one version of CMC, viewable on both readers, or are there to seperate versions, one for Mobipocket and one for iSilo?
3rdyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #23
Kleejam
Senior Goldfish

iSilo works great! I have no experience with mobipocket and I can't see why you'd want to run the same thing on two readers (unless you have lots of books specific to mobipocket).
Kleejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:54 AM   #24
3rdyear

I have some books that are Mobipocket specific and some that are iSilo specific, so I will be registering them both when the trials are up. The reason I want CMC to run in both is because I don't know which one I like better at this point and I want the option to try it in both. I don't feel comfortable commiting to one or the other right now (at least until I hear about the experiences that y'all have had with them).
Thanks!
3rdyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:34 AM   #25
Unregistered

mobi's version is better.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #26
GoCats

I don't have CMC-specific experience, but based on my limited experience with a few Mobi texts, I like iSilo much better- it seems faster and more intuitive to use. Of course, it could have just been due to the formatting of the particular texts, but regardless I've deleted Mobi and just use iSilo now.
GoCats is offline   Reply With Quote