Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
montecristo1

Logitech TypeAway Keyboard driver for OS5

Bought a Logitech TypeAway keyboard pictured here http://www.evertek.com/LargePic.asp...403-CS-unit.jpg , which is a bargain, for my Tungsten C. It came with v1. driver which doesn't support OS5. I found an updated version (v2) that supports OS5 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/s...s/3412&cl=us,en Then realized that this driver caused conflict with Documents to Go (v10) when you hot sync you get "preferences.c,line:271,Prefdb open". You can type and use the keyboard with no issues- only when you try to hotsync. I researched and found that you can use Igor's G700/typeaway hack driver for Palm OS5 without any issues. You can download it here http://g700.palmoid.com/ . But will expired in two weeks if you don't pay $7.98. It is still useable, but the Caps Lock remained on- you will have to type with the Caps Lock on all times. After a few days of finding another solution I tried the Belkin G700 keyboard driver from Belkin- here http://www.belkin.com/support/artic...aid=4824&scid=0
It works great! I did however notice when the driver is on, it slowed down only Appshelf (however, I have an older version)- but when the driver is off- no worries. I just wanted to share the info since Typeaway keyboards are cheap to buy, usually under $10 and compact. This driver says it supports T/T2/T3/C/W/Zire71/m130/i705 & m500 Series PDAs. This keyboard is a good buy! It was finding the driver for OS5 the tricky part.

Last edited by montecristo1 : 03-05-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: update
montecristo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
philpalm

I got a logitech keyboard for $10 and it include Wordsmith on the installation CD. The keyboard works well for my Palm M505 and if I can get my Palm 71 to charge, maybe I will try it out using the Belkin G700 driver which is still available free at the link in the first post.

The Iconnect keyboard driver is a small program but incompatible with the TypeAway1.11 that comes with the logitech keyboard. Since my Palm keyboard doesn't work I am not sure if it works with either programs. Size wise the IConnect keyboard is the smallest keyboard, the logitech is 3/4 the size of the Palm keyboard.