BEIKS Pocket Medical Encyclopedia /MedicineNet http://www.pdatopsoft.com/WindowsMo...a-for-Pocket-PC
The Pocket Medical Encyclopedia is brought to you in joined effort between MedicineNet and Beiks, two leading companies in the fields of medical reference content and mobile reference applications respectively.
It consists of two parts, the MedicineNet's Medical Encyclopedia and BDicty (pronounced "bi-dikti") - the general dictionary reader application, developed by Beiks. Here is some information for each of them:
MedicineNet's Medical Encyclopedia
Written entirely by U.S. board certified physicians, this reference work includes more than 10,500 entries from the medical field. These include not only the usual standard medical terms but also pertinent scientific items, abbreviations, acronyms, jargon, institutions, symptoms, eponyms, medical history and particularly anything of value and of interest.
BDicty Dictionary Reader for Pocket PC
BDicty is an award winning mobile application specialized in organizing and displaying reference content, primarily dictionaries.
Loaded with proper set of language, professional, scientific or even entertainment reference databases, BDicty would quickly become one of the most valuable and used applications in your handheld, whether Palm® or Pocket PC®.
* Hundreds of language, specialized and entertainment dictionaries and phrasebooks, including free titles
* Available for all popular mobile platforms (Palm OS, Pocket PC, Sharp Zaurus)
* Instant lookup from within other applications
* High data compression
* Dictionary browsing with dynamic word positioning
* Cross-lookup feature
* Two view modes with adjustable display panes
* Horizontal / Vertical views
* Smart view
* Most recently words list
* Download availability online
Note: the downloadable trial version contains only entries from the first few letters of the alphabet. PDA Medical Software