Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #16
elParkeur

I found a bug with Relative Strokes. I have set up an up stroke for FieldCopy and a down stroke for FieldPaste. With this setup I can no longer select text by double tapping on it.

When I replace the relative strokes with fixed strokes, everything works as expected.
elParkeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:42 AM   #17
Pent

Quote:
Originally Posted by elParkeur
I found a bug with Relative Strokes. I have set up an up stroke for FieldCopy and a down stroke for FieldPaste. With this setup I can no longer select text by double tapping on it.

When I replace the relative strokes with fixed strokes, everything works as expected.

Interesting, thanks.

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 AM   #18
Pgr
My T|X loves this site!

-Center button now works
-lock triggers (non-Full-screen) now work (though bugfix isn't mentioned in changes.txt)

A list of nice easy things to correct:

1- The Aaarg! box seems like a message box, not an editable field. A dotted underline should appear under the argument, to keep consistent with Palm's UI.

2- Put the P button to the right of the drop-down target list, to emphasize the relation between these two widgets.

3- The R and D buttons are the worst part of the UI design now, IMHO... they are very similar (only one of them would be enough, really: R); they are encrypted (why R? why D?), quite destructive (one tap and a lot of work could be gone), and don't have a confirmation message. I suggest removing the two buttons, and adding a single menu item (under "Edit") called "Delete target settings", with a confirmation pop-up. With more space in the top line, you could even expand "P" to "Show +", toggling with "Show -".

4- On the Prefs tab, the "IR" button should be the same size as the others, possibly re-labeled "Infrared".

5- I don't use Apt-Save and Apt-Apply, so I turn them off in *Defaults*. But when creating settings for a new target, I would expect these options to start as off, but they don't. Consider changing the default for this option to "off", if the rest of the guys don't mind. Or at least, make them start in specific targets as selected in *Defaults*.

6- When changing a trigger (e.g. from HK2 to HK3), Apt puts in default values for the action and parameter. It would be great if Apt would just keep what's there, if compatible with the new trigger. The same goes for changing actions and keeping action arguments, when compatible.

7- I get a long white screen when opening Apt (1-2) seconds. If you can't make it faster, at least make it a nice splash screen...

8- Your example in the manual for dimming the brightness with idle+ and restoring it with wake doesn't work (it dims, but does not restore).

PS- I had a few crash reports for 0.9, but I kept quiet until 0.9a... to show some respect.

EDIT: adding number 9....

9- Changes.txt and readme.txt are hard to read in Windows due to UNIX line-termination. I think there's a way to produce text files that work fine in both systems, but I'm not sure how... try playing with the settings on your text editor...

Last edited by Pgr : 03-11-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Pgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #19
Pgr
My T|X loves this site!

Er... crash. Infinite loop, that is.

Start Apt, go to any target, go to Events tab, select "+Lnch" on the first trigger line, then select "+Lnch" again on the second trigger line. Apt freezes, and I have to reset. It also crashes with other combinations of +Lnch triggers, the problem seems to be with the verification for the double +Lnch trigger.

With the steps described above, what is the last thing I see on-screen?

+Lnch App Quick Tour

<blows smoke off the tip of the gun, rides away into the sunset...>

Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #20
bluefishCFC
seo guy

Send a message via Yahoo to bluefishCFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgr
With the steps described above, what is the last thing I see on-screen?
+Lnch App Quick Tour
<blows smoke off the tip of the gun, rides away into the sunset...>

[OT]
Sounds like you need a trip to the TX custom ROM dept.
[/END OT]
bluefishCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #21
Pgr
My T|X loves this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishCFC
[OT]
Sounds like you need a trip to the TX custom ROM dept.
[/END OT]

Nah, QuickTour-Humour is the force that makes me crawl out of bed every morning.

(oh, and my TX is not flashable )
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #22
Pent

Bit of a monster post :-) Just because I didn't quote something doesn't mean I ignored it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgr
4- On the Prefs tab, the "IR" button should be the same size as the others, possibly re-labeled "Infrared".

But BT and Wireless are supposed to go on the line
too at some point, hence the abbreviation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgr
5- I don't use Apt-Save and Apt-Apply, so I turn them off in *Defaults*. But when creating settings for a new target, I would expect these options to start as off, but they don't.

That makes sense, off in defaults, default to off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgr
7- I get a long white screen when opening Apt (1-2) seconds. If you can't make it faster, at least make it a nice splash screen...

Well if 'Loading...' turns you on, you got it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgr
9- Changes.txt and readme.txt are hard to read in Windows due to UNIX line-termination. I think there's a way to produce text files that work fine in both systems, but I'm not sure how... try playing with the settings on your text editor...

Bah, Windows.

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #23
Pent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlx
Hi Pent, you don't answer my little question, what's the meaning of "Apt"? :-)

Mmm, s' just a name. Guess it says 'appropriate' in the dictionary. Someone suggested 'A Personal Touch' :-)

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #24
scottl
Apt? Yes, it can do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pent
Much nicer than 'after I've been using Apt for a few days my palm seems to get unstable somehow'.
Well... I am disabling Apt when not really testing it because it's been taking quite a bit longer to load apps. I haven't mentioned it yet because it might just be the overlap with other apps. I plan on disabling some redundant applications that Apt will replace and see if it speeds up then.

Quote:
did you try the brightness dimming ? I know it's not as good as a tailored solution, but has the advantage that it can do lots of other things too.
It's a good start (hint, hint) - I tested it and have disabled it for now because it overrides my EnergyDimmer settings. I will look into assigning a trigger to change brightness up and down a few increments. If Alex's new ProfileSaver app will save full Apt configs then I may be able to replace EnergyDimmer also.
scottl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #25
thierry2064

First congratulation for this application. One question: I tested Apt in Opera Mini, HB triggers to launch applications/DAwork fine and they surpass Multilaunch. But I do not succed in configuring a HB to send a tap in Opera Mini (I would like a HB tapping the "back" button on lower right). If I use gettap, it tells me "no trigger found". If I use getcoord, I get "Form 0 of appl !!%0 is active, you taped at relative location (150, 215) inside object none.", What can I do with this ? 150,215 does not fit as a tap argument...

Last edited by thierry2064 : 03-11-2008 at 11:24 AM.
thierry2064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #26
Pent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl
Well... I am disabling Apt when not really testing it because it's been taking quite a bit longer to load apps. I haven't mentioned it yet because it might just be the overlap with other apps. I plan on disabling some redundant applications that Apt will replace and see if it speeds up then.

Really ? It doesn't actually do much when an app starts. Possibly one of the preference settings is
taking a while to effect.

Quote:
It's a good start (hint, hint) - I tested it and have disabled it for now because it overrides my EnergyDimmer settings. I will look into assigning a trigger to change brightness up and down a few increments. If Alex's new ProfileSaver app will save full Apt configs then I may be able to replace EnergyDimmer also.

What is it you are missing ATM ? I can't improve it if you don't let me know. Just too time-consuming to configure ?

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #27
Pent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry2064
One question: I tested Apt in Opera Mini, HB triggers to launch applications/DAwork fine and they surpass Multilaunch. But I do not succed in configuring a HB to send a tap in Opera Mini (I would like a HB tapping the "back" button on lower right). If I use gettap, it tells me "no trigger found". If I use getcoord, I get "Form 0 of appl !!%0 is active, you taped at relative location (150, 215) inside object none.", What can I do with this ? 150,215 does not fit as a tap argument...

If GetCoord can't find the buttonID, your only possibility is putting 0 in the tap field and hope the button is the first it finds.

Or maybe examine the app resources file with Bird or something.

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #28
Pent

Quote:
Originally Posted by elParkeur

I believe this only occurs when the stroke boxes overlap ? I could replicate your problem when they overlapped but not otherwise.

I've put in code to prevent overlapping coords.

Pent
Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
thierry2064

Quote:
If GetCoord can't find the buttonID, your only possibility is putting 0 in the tap field and hope the button is the first it finds.

Or maybe examine the app resources file with Bird or something.

Pent

"0" does not find any button, "no object found". Does the fact that it is a Java program make it invisible to Apt ? In Bird, I do not get any tFRM selection in Opera Mini (this is were I should find a button, right?).

Last edited by thierry2064 : 03-11-2008 at 12:23 PM.
thierry2064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #30
Pgr
My T|X loves this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry2064
But I do not succed in configuring a HB to send a tap in Opera Mini (I would like a HB tapping the "back" button on lower right).

Have you tried looking for a menu option that executes this same browser "Back" function? Then you could use the "Ctrl-->Menu" action in Apt.

Or maybe a command-bar stroke (like B).

@Pent: is there an Apt action to insert a command-bar stroke ( followed by a letter or digit)? It seems like an obvious action, but I'm not sure if we discussed it before, and I couldn't find it in Apt.

At first thought, it seems to overlap with the Menu action, because most command-strokes are mentioned in Menus, but I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be so. It might help solve problems like Thierry's, in apps that use uncommon screen widgets but might still accept these commands.