Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Older Clie
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #31
dorianne

Quote:
Originally posted by greg elmassian
dorianne:

today, the 28th, you replied to a post from the 6th....

have you been on vacation for 22 days?

and it's a double post to boot....

are you ok?

Greg
I will send you an email to explain. It is nice to be missed. I don't know how the double post happened.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:02 AM   #32
manwithoutfeet

I saw somewhere in a review that said that after running down the device completely then recharging, this 7 flash limit was extended ... ?
manwithoutfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:59 AM   #33
hausponce

The PEGA-BC10 works fine with the NZ90. Sony's issue is that the plug connects at an angel. That why they won't list it as a NZ90 accessory.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #34
ke9a

I have the sony sync/charge cable and was worried about the same thing. File down the plastic on the side of the connector next to the NZ90 body and it is almost straight. There is no extra pressure on the connector! Kind of silly of Sony to make the 90 the way that they did. A little playing around can fix a lot of things!
ke9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 11:37 AM   #35
eric2002
NZ90

I bought the charger they sell on ebay... the link is listed on an earlier post on this thread:

first it's not $8.99...
it's $14.99 with shipping.. still a great deal.

I've been using it with my NZ and it works great! you can either charge the NZ or run the NZ while it's charging. I've been using rechargable batteries in my adapter and I get about 2 1/2 full charges out of each set of rechargchables... of course my rechargables are about 4-6 years old... I imagine i'll get better charge cycles with new non-rechargable batteries.

also the connection fits really snug, nothing to worry about. The battery connector snaps into the NZ's hotsync connecter... it sits flush with the back of the NZ, no weird angles as mentioned in earlier posts... it fits really nice and snug.

I am 100% satisified with the battery adapter and would recommend it to anyone who wants to charge their NZ when an outlet is not available.
eric2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:51 AM   #36
Unregistered

Re: Battery adapter - GREAT!!!!!

I try this at Home! :-))
yes the BC10 works fine at the nz10
after this Mail I went to a Sony Style Store (Berlin/Germany) buy some - and becoming 100% satisfied! cool job Michel199!

thanks for the Tip
i drink some beer (at you) for the rest of the saved money...

Quote:
Originally posted by Michel199
Hello

I want to share with you all my delight. I received yesterday the PEGA-BC10 battery adapter and boy, what a nice tool.
Who cares for a second battery now ? I bought 4 rechargeable AA batteries and when fully charged I tested it.
I took some pictures and waited for the fateful words to appear on the screen, I did not have to wait for a long time, after about 6 or 7 shots I saw " the batteries are too low for using the flash blablabla... So I plugged in the adapter and no more messages, I took as many pictures as I wanted. I stopped at the end cause there was nothing else to shoot in my room. The good thing with this adapter is that you can also fully recharge your NZ while travelling.

Bye

Michel
Old 06-05-2003, 07:05 AM   #37
joechua

Pega-BC10 works fine with the NZ90 and the connector works just fine. There is no special way to insert the connector; it fits like any other connector to the NZ90 and if you don't have one now and wants to take pictures (with or without flash), this is a must buy!

Sure beats buying a second battery!
joechua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:36 AM   #38
jwittman

I have a question about the adapter. My NZ doesn't like to take pictures with less than 70% battery power. I'm getting tired of wanting to take a picture and not being able to because of low battery. I have a portable AC charger at home that I bought from Seido for my NR that works to charge my NZ. But, if my battery is running low and I plug in the charger, I still cannot take pictures until the internal battery is charged. Does the Pega-BC10 allow you to take pictures when your battery is low or do you have to let it charge up first? If it does let you take pictures, I don't understand the difference between the two chargers. It seems like the one running on AC power would be a stronger charge that the DC. Does that make sense?
jwittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:17 AM   #39
Unregistered

Folks

You may want to check out Brando online for all Clie accessories. This page is for the NZ90 - Note the 9V Battery Emergency Charger. I take this whereever I go plugs into the back & with fresh 9v battery plugged it will recharge on the go. With an Elastic band or bluetac you can strap it on!! They mail to wherever in the world. I've also bought the screen saver & retractable Synch-charger cable. When travelling only need to take one cable - no cradle, no charger.

http://shop.brando.com.hk/clienz.php

For Jwittman - Camera/flash shut down very early on NZ is common problem on brand new Li Battery. What you have to do is totally discharge the clie until it wont turn itself on anymore (make sure you hotsync for backup). What this does is recalibrates the Battery info - %. Now my camera/flash will keep going until the stated limits..
Old 06-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #40
ajiclie

brando 9volt emergency charger

can you use the brando 9 volt emergency charger to power up the clie and use it to take pictures? or does it only charge the clie? how many charges do you get per battery and how long till the clie is completely charged?
Old 06-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #41
marianodapia

Send a message via ICQ to marianodapia
Where can I buy that adapter in California? I'm travelling to USA in July and I'd like to buy one... Do you know if Cuircuit City sells them?
Old 06-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #42
eric2002
NZ90

I am using the "AA" battery charger (as I described in an earlier post on this thread)....

... you can use this charger while it is connected to your NZ ...so yes your NZ can run off of the charger, you don't have to wait for it to fully charge your NZ before you start using it. Did that make sense?
I was contemplating getting the 9volt battery charger but read on some posts in Cliesource that one 9volt battery did not charge the NZ as many times as 4 "AA" batteries could. ....this was why I went with the 4AA charger.

I've used mine for one trip and am about to use it on another...
Old 06-11-2003, 05:50 PM   #43
eric2002
NZ90

marionodapa,

the 9volt can be bought at "shopbrando"
and the AA can be bought from an eBay online store..
review the previous threads for the correct links
Old 06-11-2003, 06:20 PM   #44
marianodapia

Send a message via ICQ to marianodapia
Where is that "shopbrando"? I'd need to know where exactly it is... and aprox price....
Old 06-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #45
Unregistered

Me again,

I gave you the URL a couple of posts ago. Brando is based in HK (most likely stuff/parts manufactured in China) prices in USD. They ship anywhere in the world. In actual fact it's surface mail/registered mail since most of their stuff is relatively light

I got their screen protector on my NZ90 (it's washable, no glare very good), also Retractable Charging Synch cable. Of course the battery adaptor & I've just gone back & ordered a case & the Normal Charger Cable (a little more rugged & has a hotsync button which I'll use instead of getting a second cradle)

Cheers David

(I'll register in this forum when I get a second mail address setup so I don't get spammed to death...)