Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:†

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Palm > T|X-Series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #31
JAmerican
Why Does Palm Disappoint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeypda
totololo: have you tried locking it? I'm able to surf with tunes in the background.

Edit: As truffles reported, the hiss came back as soon as the TX generated any sound. And.... last night I listen to about 90 minutes of music and the back of my TX became quite warm. Whether or not this is the normal amount of heat from battery drain I don't know but this patch is history.

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it.

I just realized what the purpose of the application is. It was created due to a loudness issue. The hack lowered the volume of the TX, not rid the hiss or better the sound. I used my Sennheiser HD 201 with the patch and I put my PTunes to 100% and it wasn't even that loud. When I removed the hack from UnCache (which disabled it), my audio was way louder. The Sennheiser does a great job by itself of getting rid of the hiss (well most of it). I then set the Attributes of the EuAudio patch to Recycleable and removed it from my TX. No reset loop this time. I like my TX better without the patch. Still thanks for the find.

JAmerican

Handspring Treo 90 --> Royal RG135nx --> T-Mobile Sidekick --> T-Mobile Sidekick Color --> PEG-UX40 -- > PEG-UX50--> Samsung T629 (Returned) -- > Palm TX (SOLD)/T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610(Defective) --> T-Mobile Dash(Broken Screen) --> ASUS EEE 1000H Black/Treo 800w/PEG-VZ90

Accesories: Transcend 16GB SDHC | 8GB Transcend microSD
JAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #32
_Em
Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to _Em Send a message via AIM to _Em Send a message via MSN to _Em Send a message via Yahoo to _Em
Well, I installed the patch on my multilingual TX.
Considering the sound volume could blare WAY to loud before, I appreciate having a method to turn the volume down. Now that it's known to be possible, maybe someone could make an app that lets anyone set their hardware volume to whatever they want, kind of like Dmitry did with the BrightnessFix? --I'd actually like to turn the hardware volume down even a bit further than the EuAudio patch does. It definitely reduces hiss, and keeps alarms from addling my brains when I'm listening to music. Too bad the T|X doesn't come with a headphone sensor, to set two seperate hardware volumes.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #33
totololo

Well, I keep it, no problem for me except the reset whent rying to se blazer with background music.

... HMMM somebody suggested me to "lock" the patch ... what is it, how can I lock that ? is that related to some memory management softs like UDMH ? I don't use it yet ...
totololo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #34
RazrTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeypda
have you tried locking it? I'm able to surf with tunes in the background.

I'm a little confused about this locking business. I gave it a whirl with RLock, but even with that every time I shut off the device and Off Flush kicks in, or if I launch Flush DA I get a reset. Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do after I lock it in RLock?

I'm really confused about all of this locking, uncaching, and whatever, so it's entirely possible I'm missing something. I tried searching for some sort of tutorial to no avail, but I would like to remove the hiss so once again looking to understand that.
RazrTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #35
totololo

OK Thanks POKEYPDA !
I used Rlock (freeware from Resco) and locked this patch : no more reset, i can browse with Blazer and listen music at the same time !

Yeeeeeeeeepppppiiiiiiiiiiieeeee !!!!

On my TX, This patch stay active all the time giving lower amplification. I just increased a bit the volume in Pocket tunes to compensate and it doesn't increase the hiss, it's just a better noise/music ratio.

I didn't notice any unusual heat ...

_EM idea would be great, but now i am happy enough, it works fine !

Thanks everybody !
Old 02-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
totololo

RazrTX :
Download Rlock, it's a freeware that can lock files in the memory cache, to avoid them to be flushed out when this cache is low.
Just install it, run it, select only EUAudio, click on lock, and quit.

Now, next time your DB is low, it will automatically flush without flushing the patch, and so no reset.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #37
JAmerican
Why Does Palm Disappoint?

The Equalizer hurts my ears when I use it with headphones so I needed to return back to the louder sound setting. I have no problems with the hiss due to the headphones I have. The hiss was way louder on older headphones I had that pressed against my ears.

Handspring Treo 90 --> Royal RG135nx --> T-Mobile Sidekick --> T-Mobile Sidekick Color --> PEG-UX40 -- > PEG-UX50--> Samsung T629 (Returned) -- > Palm TX (SOLD)/T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610(Defective) --> T-Mobile Dash(Broken Screen) --> ASUS EEE 1000H Black/Treo 800w/PEG-VZ90

Accesories: Transcend 16GB SDHC | 8GB Transcend microSD
JAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #38
RazrTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by totololo
RazrTX :
Download Rlock, it's a freeware that can lock files in the memory cache, to avoid them to be flushed out when this cache is low.
Just install it, run it, select only EUAudio, click on lock, and quit.

Now, next time your DB is low, it will automatically flush without flushing the patch, and so no reset.

OK, thanks a bunch, so I just had too many things locked before?

You say it will automatically flush, does this mean that RLock does this? Or do I still need Off Flush?

Do I need to get UnCache and use that too so that this works with a reset or something?
RazrTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #39
totololo

i am not an expert about this, i just have my TX since saturday, but i noticed that when your DB cache gets low, it's automatically flushed for new application to run.

I don't use any uncache or OffFlush. I just let the system manage its own memory.

Except that for this patch, palm people were really stupid, they didn't made anything to avoid it to be flushed ... and then cause a reset, because the patch is not supposed to move ! . Whe you lock it, you solve this issue.

I have nothing else locked and everything goes fine.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #40
abnice

Hi, I'm a newbie here with a palm TX. I'm glad that I got rid of that hiss and that I can still use the blazer and listen to music at the same time and its all thanks to you guys here.Thanks Alot
abnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #41
shinjilestat

Hello everybody,

I'm the friend of Totololo who found this patch on Palm French site.
In my case, i didn't have reset issue since i've locked EuAudio.app with Rlock.
Before lock, i haved many reset after syncro or when i'll go on Blazer.

For me, the sound is better and i can surf, read my news on Avantgo, make a document on Office Suite or read a PDF with Ptunes in background without problems.
After used my TX about 1h30, it's not seem more heater as usual.
shinjilestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #42
dmitrygr
Software engineer/hacker

Send a message via ICQ to dmitrygr Send a message via AIM to dmitrygr Send a message via MSN to dmitrygr Send a message via Yahoo to dmitrygr
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Em
maybe someone could make an app that lets anyone set their hardware volume to whatever they want, kind of like Dmitry did with the BrightnessFix? --I'd actually like to turn the hardware volume down even a bit further than the EuAudio patch does.

i'm all over this one

My software:PowerSDHC, PowerDrive, nuRom, UDMH, warpSpeed, PowerDiGi, brightnessFix, etc...
Get it all here:http://www.PalmPowerups.com
dmitrygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 AM   #43
totololo

That would be a gooood app Dmitygr !
And ... maybe it could even spare some power from the battery, if amp volume is lower, it uses less energy, no ?

And thanks to my friend Shinjilestat

Last edited by totololo : 02-02-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #44
_Em
Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to _Em Send a message via AIM to _Em Send a message via MSN to _Em Send a message via Yahoo to _Em
That was my thought as well

Actually Dmitry, adding BrightnessFix and AudioFix into DynaClock would be interesting It could be a generic energy saving app. You could even add options to keep WiFi, Bluetooth and IrDA turned off except when needed (without the dialogs).

Then again, I stopped using DynaClock due to the ceiling limitation and the screen noise issue, so maybe separate apps is better.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #45
Rob_T

FWIW, I installed the patch, locked it with RLock, and it is working great. BTW, I found that after I installed it I needed to do a soft reset to "bring it to life."

So, if you install it and it doesn't seem to do anything, soft reset your device.