Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:†

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications > Games
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #46
Silvergirl

Hi Slayer,

Your items 1-4, 4 and 6 (both #4's) are all related to the main storyline and will be solved as you continue through. As with modeanus, getting Pamfilea the cook to tell you something about the night of the murder is your first step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Slayer
2. Find Brother Joffrey's Murderer: I've got the cup with the Hemlock. I've spoken with Sister Pamiflea since finding the cup but she just tells me about the Abbey and thanks me for help on the washing. Father Benedetto is about as much help as a chocolate kettle, and no-one else is giving me any clues about this one either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeanus
I loaded up with persuade and personality and respoke with the cook. This time she chaged her tune and it lead me to various events.

Now on to the rest of your items:

Quote:
7. Comfort the Zombie Girl: How many Love Lies Bleeding plants constitute a bunch? I have two at the moment. I have gone back to Freymore, but can't get anymore there either. They haven't respawned since I walked around on Freymore, and no-one's selling them either.
In this case, five constitutes a bunch. One of the three large gardens in the Quest Isles has a lot of this plant (nineteen, I think) so have you tried picking plants from the gardens? Remember that the poor zombie girl needs you to bring her the flowers within 24 hours or you can't solve this quest.

Quote:
8. I keep talking with Naiara to try and exorcise her devils for the Healer, but there's no dialogue option about this. Am I too low in a certain skill to help her?
Yes.

Quote:
9. I think I have the correct hard weapon to open up the cold spring, but I can't for the life of me find it.
The place for the cold spring close to the healer's home. You'll need to have the special weapon equipped when you go bashing for the cold spring.

Quote:
10. Where or what is Eckinish?
It's a special healing plant that grows in Thule. Have you got the Eckinish quest from Dagma yet?

Quote:
11. I went round the ice caves (nice robes...) and smashed at all the cracks I found, but nothing opened up. Am I missing something here too? (Probably!)
(Thanks! I always find classic good style is always in fashion.) Yes.

Quote:
5. Find Jewelry Shop Thief: I found a couple of items and have returned these, but I can't seem to locate any more items or progress this any further.
Please read RalphSchreiber post just above this one. Ralph makes a lot of important points.

Quote:
This is really lame of me, putting down such a long list of failures. Normally I can at least complete the main quest OK without too much help but Im really stuck at the moment. Any help, hints or tips to get me moving again would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Slayer.
It's not lame at all. As Ralph says, the Expansion is different than Legacy. Many of the difficulties you're experiencing, D-S, are because your levels of certain skills (and one Attribute) are too low as Ralph points out. You can raise your levels with either training (in the case of skills) or by using Enchanted objects.
Silvergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #47
broono
just me...

Send a message via ICQ to broono
hi all, unfortunately i need help
i have the same problem as vampire slayer below and the answer from silvergirl didn't help me anyway... so i would like to ask you for additional help, if possible...

Quote:
2. Find Brother Joffrey's Murderer: I've got the cup with the Hemlock. I've spoken with Sister Pamiflea since finding the cup but she just tells me about the Abbey and thanks me for help on the washing. Father Benedetto is about as much help as a chocolate kettle, and no-one else is giving me any clues about this one either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Your items 1-4, 4 and 6 (both #4's) are all related to the main storyline and will be solved as you continue through. As with modeanus, getting Pamfilea the cook to tell you something about the night of the murder is your first step.
...now the pamfilea just told me about the brother who was murdered that she heard something... my answer is just "hmmm. my thanks."...
does she knows anything else?
and if yes, what can i do for it?
i have now personality 71 and persuade 121... is that enough?
or she cannot help me more and i'm supposed to look somewhere else?

please help... only 6 quests remains to fullfill now...
the jewelery shop; the situation; the old bridge; the sword; and this frustrating murder...
...and one i didn't get yet...
(\__/)
(O.o )<--This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(> < ) signature to help him on his way to world domination.
broono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #48
thothkins

Hi,

Finally finished the main storyline in this fantastic expansion. As is the case with many folks, I have a few odds and ends to close off, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Canít find the oil merchant Ė his home in the Abbey is closed. I may have clicked through a message a little quickly, but Iíve also tried to search Endfell and the two ports without success. Any hints on where to look?

The redshift hammer Ė having just read a previous hint, it looks like Iím going to have go back round a certain somewhere hitting everything. There's always one thing you miss isn't there?

Canít find Stewe Ė any starter hint on this one would be appreciated.

Canít solve the jewellers emerald necklace quest Ė I have returned something to her, for which she gave me money and said she also had jewelry missing. Where would I start to look for that? Iíve already returned jewellery to the Undertaker. Her rather crowded menu seems to have reduced by a couple of entries as well, but the quest is still active on the log.

Is there only one person interested in the lavabird feather? Just wanted to be sure before I sold it.

The sword of God quest is still active, but thatís only because itís my best weapon right now, so Iím not giving it back  :-)
thothkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #49
MadBoris

Unhappy OK I am Stuck. Help me people.

I can't exorcise the demons because the guy at the sunken cemetary keeps telling me that such books are for church fathers. Is there an attribute that I need to have at a certain level for him to give it to me.

Also, dealt with the Beast on Thule and took care of the bridge. Now what? What can I do about the Governor. After I tell him 'It's Over', his buddies kill me. What am I missing.

Another side quest I am not getting. I got the harp, but cannot find the tuning key for the life of me.

Realy frustrating to get this far and get stuck. Please help.
MadBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #50
Silvergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by broono
hi all, unfortunately i need help
i have the same problem as vampire slayer below and the answer from silvergirl didn't help me anyway... so i would like to ask you for additional help, if possible...

...now the pamfilea just told me about the brother who was murdered that she heard something... my answer is just "hmmm. my thanks."...
does she knows anything else?
and if yes, what can i do for it?
i have now personality 71 and persuade 121... is that enough?
or she cannot help me more and i'm supposed to look somewhere else?

please help... only 6 quests remains to fullfill now...
the jewelery shop; the situation; the old bridge; the sword; and this frustrating murder...
...and one i didn't get yet...
This is the dialog that you need to get. Sister Pamfilea says, "At dinner, I heard Abbot Melchior tell Father Benedetto Brother Joffrey was under too much strain working on the accounts of the abbey... I heard him ask Father Benedetto to bring him a drink after dinner to calm his nerves..." At which you say, "Hmmm. My thanks."

Since a wine goblet containing hemlock was found in Brother Joffrey's room, how about talking to Father Benedetto about the drink he took to Brother Joffrey? After you do this, you may find "the situation; the old bridge; the sword; and this frustrating murder" will clear up as you continue this investigation.

To find the jewelery shop thief, you need to get the cure for Hildemar first. Have you done this?

Btw, what is the quest that you didn't get yet?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #51
Silvergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thothkins
Canít find the oil merchant Ė his home in the Abbey is closed. I may have clicked through a message a little quickly, but Iíve also tried to search Endfell and the two ports without success. Any hints on where to look?
After you build the bridge, Hurutz moves across to Stone Village. You can find him there. (At least a couple of us beta-testers complained about not having a sign about where he moved to, but Cat couldn't put a sign onto his door without the game crashing so she told us to just tell everybody in the forums where to find him. )

Quote:
The redshift hammer Ė having just read a previous hint, it looks like Iím going to have go back round a certain somewhere hitting everything. There's always one thing you miss isn't there?

Canít find Stewe Ė any starter hint on this one would be appreciated.
These two things are related. If you need more of a hint, just let me know and I can send you a PM.

Quote:
Canít solve the jewellers emerald necklace quest Ė I have returned something to her, for which she gave me money and said she also had jewelry missing. Where would I start to look for that? Iíve already returned jewellery to the Undertaker. Her rather crowded menu seems to have reduced by a couple of entries as well, but the quest is still active on the log.
Do you have the "Return the stolen necklace" quest on your log and you can't get it off your active log after you've completed it? Let me know if this is what's happening. If you didn't get the quest in the first place, you need a certain skill level to persuade the thief to talk to you, but unfortunately you can't get this quest after the thief has left for parts unknown.

Quote:
Is there only one person interested in the lavabird feather? Just wanted to be sure before I sold it.
I was the first person to find that there was a use for that feather, and I went around everywhere to see if there was anyone else interested and I couldn't find anyone else. So as far as I know, there is only one person interested in that feather.

Quote:
The sword of God quest is still active, but thatís only because itís my best weapon right now, so Iím not giving it back  :-)
It's your choice whether you give up the Sword or not, but don't you find the Redshift Hammer to be a stronger weapon?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #52
Silvergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBoris
I can't exorcise the demons because the guy at the sunken cemetary keeps telling me that such books are for church fathers. Is there an attribute that I need to have at a certain level for him to give it to me.
Nope. He'll never give it to you. If you really want that book, you just have to take it. (You'll need a certain level in a relevent skill in order for you to be able to do that, though.)

Quote:
Also, dealt with the Beast on Thule and took care of the bridge. Now what? What can I do about the Governor. After I tell him 'It's Over', his buddies kill me. What am I missing.
My Derth mage found this final battle pretty easy as long as she had 100% Magic resistance. (This final battle is similar to the boss dragon fight at the end of the base game and you can probably use a similar approach to beat these guys.) Are you asking for suggestions on how to beat fireball attacks?

Quote:
Another side quest I am not getting. I got the harp, but cannot find the tuning key for the life of me.
It's in the snow not far from where the harp was found. The harp-key is smaller and lighter than the harp so the wind would have blown it farther.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #53
MadBoris

Talking Thanks Silvergirl.

Thanks for the hint on the tuning key. I'll also try to get the book to exorcise the demons. The reason I asked about the Governor is because of what he says before calling the guards. He said "I thought you would have more intelligence than to come here like this". So I figured I was supposed to get some item or increase a skill before coming to him. Now that you mentioned it, what is the best way to deal with the fire balls? So far I would just come up to the dragon close enough for him not to be able to blow one at me. Is there another way?
MadBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #54
broono
just me...

hi silvergirl,

thanks a lot for your effort...
first of all i thought you are the transformed cat, but then i asked myself: WHY?

Quote:
This is the dialog that you need to get...
yeah, i know that, and i already got it... so i spoke with father benedetto for sure, before i post my help request here...

but it happend to me again... as usually
once i post a request for help, i find the solution in the meantime, just before i read your answer(s)... do you have the same experience? anybody here? cat? doeni? victorash? ralphschreiber? gyffes? stewe? sylon? etc...?

so, it took me a while than i run into that little boy (i was seeking him on wrong place, mystified by the abbot's journal) to find out how to get further, and now i'm continuing... and i already solved "the situation" and "the sword" quests... and i know how to solve the "old bridge" one now

...and the frustrating murder i will clear up as soon as i charge my battery ... and as soon as i wake up tomorrow

Quote:
To find the jewelery shop thief, you need to get the cure for Hildemar first. Have you done this?
yeah... hildemar is already gone from the isle and all the "trumperies" were returned where it belongs... despite the fact i was put in the jail because i didn't have enough skills/attributes and i refused to pay for the clear records, etc... but the quest still remains unsolved/unclosed in my questlist ...anyway, ralphschreiber wrote something about the "poor old seff" and that this quest is finally linked to him... yet unfortunately i don't remember where he can be found... any hint, please?

Quote:
Btw, what is the quest that you didn't get yet?
it's the "solfecht's cure"... but i have already solved it (in the meantime again...)

and hey, silvergirl... thak you for your response!!!
i appreciate that very much...
btw, nice haircut

ehmmm... most probably i forgot to use one of the possible smilies available here... ...don't you know why, anybody?
(\__/)

Last edited by broono : 02-20-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #55
Silvergirl

Quote:
The reason I asked about the Governor is because of what he says before calling the guards. He said "I thought you would have more intelligence than to come here like this". So I figured I was supposed to get some item or increase a skill before coming to him.
Nope. He's just trying to insult you before the big fight.

Quote:
Now that you mentioned it, what is the best way to deal with the fire balls? So far I would just come up to the dragon close enough for him not to be able to blow one at me. Is there another way?
There are a lot of ways to be a firefighter. You can increase your Magic resistance to 100% (with spells, potions or Enchanted gear) and then fight them from a distance (with arrows, bolts, daggers or spells). If you don't have 100% Magic resistance, you can Paralyze any dragons, etc. in line of sight to keep them from throwing fireballs at you, then chop them up with a good solid weapon. Whether you Paralyze them or not, if your weapon has Drain hp you can regain all your hp while you dice them. If you're not 100% Magic resistant and your weapon doesn't have Drain hp, you may want to have some healing potions or spells available.

It's best if you can let at least some of them still throw fireballs because none of them are immune to firespells and this can really whittle down the hp of their fellow members of the Governor's troup. This "friendly fire" damage often means you have to do little or nothing to kill the firebirds and the single bodyguard. And it's fun to watch them blow each other up!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #56
Silvergirl

Quote:
hi silvergirl,

thanks a lot for your effort...
first of all i thought you are the transformed cat, but then i asked myself: WHY?
I'd LOVE to be the Cat in any form, transformed or whatever!

Quote:
yeah, i know that, and i already got it... so i spoke with father benedetto for sure, before i post my help request here...

but it happend to me again... as usually
once i post a request for help, i find the solution in the meantime, just before i read your answer(s)... do you have the same experience? anybody here? cat? doeni? victorash? ralphschreiber? gyffes? stewe? sylon? etc...?
That's the way it often happens! In the Legacy II thread, gyffes posted this last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyffes
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv
... and I found it about 5 minutes after posting...
This, my dear, is the nature of both Enlightenment and this Forum.

My pleasure.

Quote:
yeah... hildemar is already gone from the isle and all the "trumperies" were returned where it belongs... despite the fact i was put in the jail because i didn't have enough skills/attributes and i refused to pay for the clear records, etc... but the quest still remains unsolved/unclosed in my questlist ...anyway, ralphschreiber wrote something about the "poor old seff" and that this quest is finally linked to him... yet unfortunately i don't remember where he can be found... any hint, please?
You can find Seff close to where the healer lives. But Ralph meant that Seff was necessary for you to get the "trumperies" that you returned, so you're past the point where you need Seff so he won't be talking to you any more. I don't think there's any way to get that jewelery quest off your active log if you've already been carted off to jail. If you have a savegame before you get dragged off to prison, you can raise some skill levels and solve the quest. I think that's the only way you can get it off your active log.

Quote:
and hey, silvergirl... thak you for your response!!!
i appreciate that very much...
btw, nice haircut
Thanks! I try to look stylish!

Last edited by Silvergirl : 02-20-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #57
broono
just me...

Quote:
You can find Seff close to where the healer lives. But Ralph meant that Seff was necessary for you to get the "trumperies" that you returned, so you're past the point where you need Seff so he won't be talking to you any more. I don't think there's any way to get that jewelery quest off your active log if you've already been carted off to jail. If you have a savegame before you get dragged off to prison, you can raise some skill levels and solve the quest. I think that's the only way you can get it off your active log.
you are right... seff doesn't speak with me anymore... and as i have no savegame prior the jail it will remains in my questlist as active forever...

but nevermind!!! i finished the expansion!!!
so i'm home again, laing down on my carpet ...and what i most appretiate i found all the stuff i put on the private shelfs after the first adventure, so it didn't disappear after one week as usually

well... what now? playing with my collected things... looking for another adventure... does anybody have a job for a derth, lvl 23 with blameless fame, the most skilled at attack magic (205)? cat? stewe? sylon? any other worldmaker? god?

i'm hungry!!!
(\__/)
Old 02-21-2007, 07:57 AM   #58
broono
just me...

in the meantime...

...i thought about what to do until next expansion will be released and finally i found it here:

Quote:
I assume you went for the "good choice" ending... ...but you might try out the evil ending as well, just to see what happens!
so let's see
(\__/)
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #59
thothkins

Thanks Silvergirl!

On Oily merchants
I had just gone to the Stone Village looking to see what had changed after a week. Either I was a little early, or the change is that there seem to be even more dwarven muggers around.

Either way, I hadn't completed the bridge quest at that point and thought I'd missed the message.

On jewels
As for the thief, yes I still have the "return the stolen necklace" on my log. I have returned an emerald necklace and I'm sure got 1000, along with a message that she was looking for other items as well. So, I assumed that I must have missed some jewelery somewhere along the way. I managed to finally get that far, once I'd upped my persuade.

On weapons
While the hammer is a bit more powerful, I do prefer the look & feel (if there is such a thing on a PDA) of the sword. I'm just picky that way I guess. The hammer looks big and clumsy :-)
thothkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #60
Silvergirl

Quote:
i finished the expansion!!!
so i'm home again, laing down on my carpet ...and what i most appretiate i found all the stuff i put on the private shelfs after the first adventure, so it didn't disappear after one week as usually
Congratulations broono! Woohoo!!!

Those shelves in your happy home will keep all things you put on them forever. They're protected from the weekly refresh that the rest of Your House goes through during your absences.

Quote:
well... what now? playing with my collected things... looking for another adventure... does anybody have a job for a derth, lvl 23 with blameless fame, the most skilled at attack magic (205)? cat? stewe? sylon? any other worldmaker? god?

i'm hungry!!!
I noticed you're going to try out the Evil ending for the Expansion! Have you also gone through the Caves of Fire, the Caves of Ice, the Sulphur Peak Mines, found Stewe? You can also go through the Expansion again to see if you can solve all 33 quests.

And don't forget about the base game. I've restarted the base game, but this time as a Rasvim (as recommended by Dragon-Slayer). It's really cool! Since I've already gone through the base game as an Etherim, Nogur and Derth (and my Derth has gone through the Expansion approximately four dozen times) this wiil only leave the Seiry race to try. I think it'll be interesting to try the Expansion with a Rasvim!

In the future: Cat has been developing a commercial Quest Expansion for a while but she has to wait until Stewe releases the Quest editor and manual (which should be fairly soon) before she can complete it. Doeni is also planning a commercial Quest Expansion. They both have developed terrific Legacy Expansions so you can look forward to some fantastic Quest Expansions from them!