Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Palm > T|X-Series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2006, 05:14 AM   #76
snowcraft22

Thank you dmitrygr,for your work ,but I wonder if this rom can be used on my Chinese Simplified T|X, either? I hate the pre-installed CJKOS (Chinese Japanses Korean Operation System) and pocket tunes , quick tutors , is there any rom tool currently available for PALM TX? Or, you just wrote your own tools to edit the rom, didn't you? I am always looking for a tool to edit my chs rom , and share it with my friends.

Last edited by snowcraft22 : 06-20-2006 at 05:19 AM.
snowcraft22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:18 AM   #77
dmitrygr
Software engineer/hacker

Send a message via ICQ to dmitrygr Send a message via AIM to dmitrygr Send a message via MSN to dmitrygr Send a message via Yahoo to dmitrygr
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcraft22
Thank you dmitrygr,for your work ,but I wonder if this rom can be used on my Chinese Simplified T|X, either?

try.
it wont do anything if it is not sure.

Quote:
is there any rom tool currently available for PALM TX?

not that i know of

Quote:
You just wrote your own tools to edit the rom, didn't you?

yes

My software:PowerSDHC, PowerDrive, nuRom, UDMH, warpSpeed, PowerDiGi, brightnessFix, etc...
Get it all here:http://www.PalmPowerups.com
dmitrygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:22 AM   #78
snowcraft22

Sorry, but another question, is there any tool available to pick the original rom from my tx so that i can restore it later, you know,softwares like jackflash and rom crafter are too old to use. I mean if it fails during my rom updating with your rom , how can I restore it?
snowcraft22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:34 AM   #79
amoon
amoon69

Quote:
Sorry, but another question, is there any tool available to pick the original rom from my tx so that i can restore it later, you know,softwares like jackflash and rom crafter are too old to use. I mean if it fails during my rom updating with your rom , how can I restore it?

You can use the Palm WPA Update found here http://www.palm.com/us/software/esu/ to restore the ROM.

I have switched between the 2 ROM at least 4 times now.
amoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #80
drwho

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoon
You can use the Palm WPA Update found here http://www.palm.com/us/software/esu/ to restore the ROM.

I have switched between the 2 ROM at least 4 times now.

Is it stable though? Some people have reported major problems after upgrading
drwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #81
Splat0104

Minor problem...

I went to download the custom ROM and got an error message :

Not Found
The requested URL /file/TX2.ROM.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.palmpowerups.com Port 80

Any idea when it'll be accessible again ?
Splat0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #82
dmitrygr
Software engineer/hacker

Send a message via ICQ to dmitrygr Send a message via AIM to dmitrygr Send a message via MSN to dmitrygr Send a message via Yahoo to dmitrygr
yes i am uploading a new version right now.
Quick tour removed as per many requests
Drive mode works [as per many requests]

My software:PowerSDHC, PowerDrive, nuRom, UDMH, warpSpeed, PowerDiGi, brightnessFix, etc...
Get it all here:http://www.PalmPowerups.com
dmitrygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #83
wonderful

Yep! I got the same error now,
And also Dmitry, would you please quote in the first post if you fixed the Drive Mode problem?

You'r Great Dmitry! Without you I wouldn't use my T|X half of what I'm using it now!
(after the upgrade its also "MUCH" faster, even though I don't know why!)

Last edited by wonderful : 06-20-2006 at 08:33 AM. Reason: OOOPS! I see that while I was still writing this post Dmitry was already responding to me! :-)
wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #84
wonderful

Dmitry, what about making A ROM that has "NOTHING" in it! only things that it must have for the palm to function, and all things that you cannot install manually,

But all other stuff? whoever needs them can install them to the RAM,

Maby like this there will be no more requests on this thread? :-)

Last edited by wonderful : 06-20-2006 at 08:44 AM.
wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #85
r0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrygr
ok i am uploading a version with working drivemode.

PS: GRRR. what does one need to do to get onto 1src front page?
(L.E.M. made it and tx rom didn't? color me surprised []/offended[])

It could be that the inclusion of unlicensed or questionably licensed sofware in your rom: (drivemode - unless you wrote this yourself, voice memo and netfront) make it too questionable for front page inclusion? Dump the unlicensed software and your mod should get the recognition it deserves!

Kudos for your programming ability, but you really ought to stop dancing in the lightning when it comes to software licensing.

The inclusion of netfront, drivemode and voicememo in a TX ROM are a lot like standing knee deep in salt water on a grounded copper plate while holding a 9 iron above your head on a golf course in a lightning storm.
r0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #86
jgreiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0k
The inclusion of netfront, drivemode and voicememo in a TX ROM are a lot like standing knee deep in salt water on a grounded copper plate while holding a 9 iron above your head on a golf course in a lightning storm.

But Dmitry's smart enough to hold the rubber grip
jgreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #87
WildCelt

Well I took the plunge and other than Resco Backup not seeing my backup sets, everything went well. I'm a little miffed about this. Thankfully NVBackup saved my butt. Does anyone know why my backup sets would not show up?

Anyway, well done, Dimitry!

I know this is already starting to sound too much like work with all of the requests, but I am wondering if you can add some of your own freeware apps (like brightness fix and perhaps even grafitti 1.99), as well as ButtonsEx.

Last edited by WildCelt : 06-20-2006 at 09:54 AM.
WildCelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #88
technical1
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Wild Celt,

Hello again! I wonder, when you said it doesn't see RescoBackups, does that mean the old ones, or even ones that you tried to make under the new ROM?

What version of RBackup are you using? I'm using 1.35.4

While Dmitry seems to have made a wonderful new app (thanks Dmitry, I really miss jack sprat & flash fm my T3).

However, it would feel almost like walking in public without my pants on - not to have access to my backups! What if I had a major crash? I even have old backups, just in case; in the past it has helped - had a database file that was corrupt & only an older version was good - even backups don't solve everything.

TIA,

Eli

Using Centro with Apt, AgendusPro, Accessorizer, Initiate, Butler, PhoneTechnician, Genius, Reset Doctor, Power Hero, CallRec, Datebk6+DbFixIt, Bonsai+DayNotez+Comet, Resco Explorer+Backup+Viewer+RLocker+ID Guard, PowerBtn, Memo Leaf, SafeGuard, Lightspeed, RingCare+VolumeCare, Splash Money, Palmary Clock Wireless4Centro, & more & loving it!

Last edited by technical1 : 06-20-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: need to add important question
technical1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #89
WildCelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by technical1
Wild Celt,

Hello again! I wonder, when you said it doesn't see RescoBackups, does that mean the old ones, or even ones that you tried to make under the new ROM?

What version of RBackup are you using? I'm using 1.35.4

While Dmitry seems to have made a wonderful new app (thanks Dmitry, I really miss jack sprat & flash fm my T3).

However, it would feel almost like walking in public without my pants on - not to have access to my backups! What if I had a major crash? I even have old backups, just in case; in the past it has helped - had a database file that was corrupt & only an older version was good - even backups don't solve everything.

TIA,

Eli

I keep a rotation of three backup sets. I tried to restore the backup set that I created just before hard resetting. Upon install of the TX2 ROM, none of my backup sets showed up. I have a hard time believing they are linked to the actual ROM, but I don't know of any other explanation. I didn't try a new backup with the new ROM for fear of overwriting any backups. After I did a selective restore with NVBackup (which wasn't current), my Resco Backup sets appeared. I did a "diff" restore to restore the files that had changed since my last NVBackup, er, backup. It still missed a few files, but it was manageable. Since the multiple restore, I am able to backup using both programs without incident.

I've been doing a bit of searching and could not find any info to help with this issue. I was using 1.35.3 at the time, but I just saw I missed an update and have since installed 1.35.4.
WildCelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #90
PinCushionQueen
Oxidants happen.

I too took the plunge this morning Followed the directions in post #1 and everything went off without a hitch - I was even able to save my bookmarks for NetFront during the selective restore.

Drive Mode works great!! Wish I would have know this was going to be available ... could have saved me ~$25 (buying CardReader and CardExportII) or I could have just given the money to you Just wondering though - I've read that on the T5 Drive Mode is supposed to show both the ROM and the Card as 2 separate drives on the PC... I only see the card. Not that it's a big deal.

It's nice to have NF and Filez in RAM. I'm not crazy about the background pictures, they're a little dark for my tastes (but I know that I'm probably among a minority here). I can add my own images so no big deal.

Thanks for all your hard work - I'm sure this was no easy task. I appreciate you sharing this with us.

@ Wild Celt - I see my RBackup files - however, I've already restored with NVBackup and didn't check to see if RB was working before the restore.

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life.
PinCushionQueen is offline   Reply With Quote