Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
  NEWS
  Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
  FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
  Games
  Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
  Audio/Video
  Cellphones
  Digital Cameras
  Gaming
  Gadgets & Gizmos
  Non-Palm OS PDAs
  PCs/Laptops
  Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
  FREEWARE
  Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
  ABOUT US
  Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
  LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices: 

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications > Games
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #46
gyffes
Father of The Boy

Gyffles? Gyffles??!

I'd say, NO KNIGHT. Any experience he gets will detract from your mages' advancement.

What's so boring about a new party? You've only been through the game once, you can't have gotten bored with its charms. I assure you, you won't remember where every little switch and solution is.

Sh*t, I've played through REPEATEDLY and struggle in places.. esp the damned House of Tricks...

-- Sinclair Lewis, 1935
gyffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #47
Demonstar
Extreme Theme Connaisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyffes
Gyffles? Gyffles??!

I'd say, NO KNIGHT. Any experience he gets will detract from your mages' advancement.

What's so boring about a new party? You've only been through the game once, you can't have gotten bored with its charms. I assure you, you won't remember where every little switch and solution is.

Sh*t, I've played through REPEATEDLY and struggle in places.. esp the damned House of Tricks...
It's not the fact that it's so boring; it's the fact that it's just so tough going through it all over again and having to die and come back and do it again. lol
Demonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #48
gyffes
Father of The Boy

So SAVE / RELOAD often.

-- Sinclair Lewis, 1935
Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #49
Stallion

Send a message via ICQ to Stallion
Gyffes, sorry man, misspelled. You know what is so frustrating? I've seen K's of gold, magit items +5 of int., adamantium (or how it's called) wear... Starting a new game and seeing items like AC +1, having 50pts of int, 30hp and being often killed with a simple gnome... Hard... And... So frustrating... Ah!
Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #50
gyffes
Father of The Boy

(I know it was a typo.. I was jus' teasin'...)

But for me, that's part of the excitement. When you're level 19 and you SELL a +6 AC boot that gives +7 END because you have something BETTER, there's not a lot of joy in that.

But when you're EXCITED to find a HELMET. A plain, ordinary helmet -- that's sweet. And when you add to that the crown with +1 int!? And find an amulet in a cheap armory that will increase INT 3 for $300 gold!? WHOA! Except, now you have to balance that purchase against the reality that that $300 will buy you 7 mana potions. Ooooh. can do a lot of damage with that. Or 20 some-odd arrows.

That's where the fun, for me, comes in: tryin' to get a party to grow and succeed with minimal resources. The terror of fighting those damned Bartender Catacomb spiders, the first time. Or when I was cleaning out the gnomes and the damned gnome captain took nearly my entire health bar in one stroke and I hadda flee in shamed terror? Brilliant.

Didn' recapture that sense of fear until the first time I entered the Bartender's house in REVENGE and BOTH guys in my back row died > BAM BAM < -- some 200 hp EACH gone in a stroke. Reduced me to a gibbering fool and for a moment -- just a moment, because I had so many RAISE DEAD scrolls by then -- I'd recaptured the excitement of a new party setting out in a dangerous world, underarmored, under weapond and totally unready to face the wolves and bandits of the great forest.

Compared with that, what's a couple of liches and firelords??

-- Sinclair Lewis, 1935
Old 06-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #51
Stallion

Gyffes, you are right... Can you write how did you suceed?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #52
gyffes
Father of The Boy

You mean describe the process?

Save often. Reload from save if you must. Don't try and fight toe-to-toe with the bad guys: you won't win. At least not often.

Save every penny, use it wisely. ONLY BUY MANA POTIONS. There's no point in getting anything else.

As soon as you can, get into King's Aide. You'll have access to a lot more money an' stuff (esp in the barrels) and to the level 5 mage and level5 battlemage in the Inn, there.

But the beginning... that's just slow, careful gaming. And different tactics than you've used to date.

Enjoy!

-- Sinclair Lewis, 1935
Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #53
Stallion

Gyffes, is king's aide the city of beraquel? And how would you adwise to game?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #54
Stallion

Gyffes, is king's aide the city of beraquel? And how would you adwise to beat monsters if not in contact?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #55
Demonstar
Extreme Theme Connaisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion
Gyffes, sorry man, misspelled. You know what is so frustrating? I've seen K's of gold, magit items +5 of int., adamantium (or how it's called) wear... Starting a new game and seeing items like AC +1, having 50pts of int, 30hp and being often killed with a simple gnome... Hard... And... So frustrating... Ah!
This is the same thing that I was alluding to in and earlier post. Most people who play Legacy don't want to go back and start a new party and have to go all the way back through the game. gyffes, you, cat, myself and a few others enjoy the game so much we don't mind going back and trying different party configurations; just to see how far we can get with that party.
Demonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:46 AM   #56
Warrior Girl
Donna

Gyffes
Now you are talking - you sound like a real shopper at last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyffes
(I know it was a typo.. I was jus' teasin'...)

But for me, that's part of the excitement. When you're level 19 and you SELL a +6 AC boot that gives +7 END because you have something BETTER, there's not a lot of joy in that.

But when you're EXCITED to find a HELMET. A plain, ordinary helmet -- that's sweet. And when you add to that the crown with +1 int!? And find an amulet in a cheap armory that will increase INT 3 for $300 gold!? WHOA! Except, now you have to balance that purchase against the reality that that $300 will buy you 7 mana potions. Ooooh. can do a lot of damage with that. Or 20 some-odd arrows.

That's where the fun, for me, comes in: tryin' to get a party to grow and succeed with minimal resources. The terror of fighting those damned Bartender Catacomb spiders, the first time. Or when I was cleaning out the gnomes and the damned gnome captain took nearly my entire health bar in one stroke and I hadda flee in shamed terror? Brilliant.

Didn' recapture that sense of fear until the first time I entered the Bartender's house in REVENGE and BOTH guys in my back row died > BAM BAM < -- some 200 hp EACH gone in a stroke. Reduced me to a gibbering fool and for a moment -- just a moment, because I had so many RAISE DEAD scrolls by then -- I'd recaptured the excitement of a new party setting out in a dangerous world, underarmored, under weapond and totally unready to face the wolves and bandits of the great forest.

Compared with that, what's a couple of liches and firelords??
Warrior Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #57
Warrior Girl
Donna

ok Gyffes time to ask for some serious advice based on what you were saying a few days ago about allocating points. I am now in the Ancient Tower store having bypassed the teleporters and am about to face some serious enemies (I know because I died and reloaded). My trusty number two, Ohara the sexy swordsmaster, has also just been moved up to level 17. Before I saw your advice I would have just followed the Legacy help advice and gone for as much dex as possible. What do you think I should do? He is currently at str 20, dex 49 (with a few enhancements), end 14 and int 8 (neither me nor Ohara are very bright but I think you probably guessed that!) How would you allocate the points? Ketiara and Asmodeus are not far off 17 either - that will make her really insufferable and smug. I might need to send her to Mabs Irish pub.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #58
Diango
Phantom Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Girl
ok Gyffes time to ask for some serious advice based on what you were saying a few days ago about allocating points. I am now in the Ancient Tower store having bypassed the teleporters and am about to face some serious enemies (I know because I died and reloaded). My trusty number two, Ohara the sexy swordsmaster, has also just been moved up to level 17. Before I saw your advice I would have just followed the Legacy help advice and gone for as much dex as possible. What do you think I should do? He is currently at str 20, dex 49 (with a few enhancements), end 14 and int 8 (neither me nor Ohara are very bright but I think you probably guessed that!) How would you allocate the points? Ketiara and Asmodeus are not far off 17 either - that will make her really insufferable and smug. I might need to send her to Mabs Irish pub.

OHARA SEXY? Jesus Christ! I remember his face, better change him to Tran-Kna-Pa!! OMG!... All points should go to dex, then to endurance.. Ohara sexy! Oh My God
Diango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #59
Warrior Girl
Donna

Diango
He's like a younger Indiana Jones. Then again we have been in an ancient tower together for five days! He is certainly an improvement on Lord Bregannan who I set off with. I will leave you to your fantasies about Tran Kna Pa - but thanks for the advice about dex and endurance.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #60
Diango
Phantom Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Girl
Diango
He's like a younger Indiana Jones. Then again we have been in an ancient tower together for five days! He is certainly an improvement on Lord Bregannan who I set off with. I will leave you to your fantasies about Tran Kna Pa - but thanks for the advice about dex and endurance.

o'hara looks like an indian been in jail for 20years,and now he's got eyes like psycho. Lord bregennan looks like a monkey in human form or just aborigen (but he's nr. 1 in my party). Dont forget to add some intelligence for that swordmaster or he will get huge hits frum magic attacks.
Diango is offline   Reply With Quote