Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > General
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #46
JAmerican
Why Does Palm Disappoint?

NEVER!!!! saw a clie commerical in my life. I'm dead serious. I saw an ad in a PC Magazine for the CLIE but as much as the Treo DG?? Seriously?

Also, I've seen Tungsten E commercials as well and that did well. Hmm. TV Commericals = Higher sales or Greater public knowledge

I've seen Treo on billboards in Manhattan, Subways, TIME magazine, on TV, everywhere.

go to www.seeTreo.com . That's the link they all refer to.

JAmerican

Handspring Treo 90 --> Royal RG135nx --> T-Mobile Sidekick --> T-Mobile Sidekick Color --> PEG-UX40 -- > PEG-UX50--> Samsung T629 (Returned) -- > Palm TX (SOLD)/T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610(Defective) --> T-Mobile Dash(Broken Screen) --> ASUS EEE 1000H Black/Treo 800w/PEG-VZ90

Accesories: Transcend 16GB SDHC | 8GB Transcend microSD
JAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #47
smoothjordan
Member Since Cliesource

Send a message via AIM to smoothjordan Send a message via MSN to smoothjordan Send a message via Yahoo to smoothjordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican
Convergence devices lessen in quality in a particular area in order to gain other features. This is why the Treo can't play Battlefront either . Same reason the Treo is bad when it comes to widescreen movies and videos. It also is bad when it comes to a keyboard that allows you to write out long-papers (at least for me because I like to type with both hands).

If you use the 650 for more than 5 minutes, you'll learn that the keyboard is meant for typing with both hands, and I do type many things on them. The funny thing is, I have the psp for movies and games, the screen puts both the 650's and the UX to shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA
My UX has a EB40 Mod remember . It could do WiFi for more than 2 hrs. I admit my WiFi don't work anymore but my unit is second hand and 3 yrs old and its still working and still going for $300 on ebay. Looks like the public has spoken.

It shows how stupid people are. Who is going to pay 300 for a used palm. Not any seasoned palm vet, most people that do say, "Oh that looks neat" and picks one up. Say what you want, but some people on ebay are just plain stupid. The public has spoken/

Quote:
Remember Treo is popular due to Palm commericals and Cingular commericals. Cingular mostly for that commerical with the business dad and wife that had a baby.

JAmerican

To be honest, the people that have the 650 (around my area)get it for the keyboard (Gasp! Not that hideous keyboard you hate!) for text messaging and also all of the cool features it has. Believe it or not JAmerican, the UX50 is done, over, no more.... The sooner you realize that the better we both will be. Keep your UX50 and enjoy it, because no device will live up to your standards
Jordan

Current Gadgets:

iPhone 8GB, Palm T|X, PSP Slim (Silver), DS lite (white)
smoothjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #48
Legodude522
Linux Evangelist

Send a message via ICQ to Legodude522 Send a message via AIM to Legodude522 Send a message via MSN to Legodude522 Send a message via Yahoo to Legodude522
I never touched a Dell Axim in my life. People at Aximsite were surprised.

I haven't used a Clie in years back when OS 5 just came out and that was at a store.

I saw a Verizon Wireless Palm Treo 700w commercial last night, the way they are marketing this, the Treo 700w will own.
Legodude522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #49
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothjordan
If you use the 650 for more than 5 minutes, you'll learn that the keyboard is meant for typing with both hands, and I do type many things on them. The funny thing is, I have the psp for movies and games, the screen puts both the 650's and the UX to shame.

It shows how stupid people are. Who is going to pay 300 for a used palm. Not any seasoned palm vet, most people that do say, "Oh that looks neat" and picks one up. Say what you want, but some people on ebay are just plain stupid. The public has spoken/

To be honest, the people that have the 650 (around my area)get it for the keyboard (Gasp! Not that hideous keyboard you hate!) for text messaging and also all of the cool features it has. Believe it or not JAmerican, the UX50 is done, over, no more.... The sooner you realize that the better we both will be. Keep your UX50 and enjoy it, because no device will live up to your standards
Jordan

So are you calling me stupid for buying a UX for $300?!!!

Hmm, the PSP screen is the only one that compares to a VZ screen (which is the top of the line )
Sony Clie N760c -> Sony Clie TG-50 -> Treo 600 -> Sony Clie NX80, Fossil wrist PDA-> Sony Clie UX50 -> Sony CLIE VZ90 -> TG50, iPod 5.5 Gen -> Sony CLIE UX50, Sony PEGA-EB40 -> Sony CLIE PEG-TH55/E1, Samsung A900 (Blade) -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero, Apple MacBook -> HTC Evo ->Nexus S 4G, Apple MacBook Pro

I like iSpin, it's my favorite launcher!!
I am the 2nd top 1src poster!!
dragonsgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #50
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legodude522
I never touched a Dell Axim in my life. People at Aximsite were surprised.

I haven't used a Clie in years back when OS 5 just came out and that was at a store.

I saw a Verizon Wireless Palm Treo 700w commercial last night, the way they are marketing this, the Treo 700w will own.

WTF are you registered at a Axim site for then??!!!
Sony Clie N760c -> Sony Clie TG-50 -> Treo 600 -> Sony Clie NX80, Fossil wrist PDA-> Sony Clie UX50 -> Sony CLIE VZ90 -> TG50, iPod 5.5 Gen -> Sony CLIE UX50, Sony PEGA-EB40 -> Sony CLIE PEG-TH55/E1, Samsung A900 (Blade) -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero, Apple MacBook -> HTC Evo ->Nexus S 4G, Apple MacBook Pro

Old 03-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #51
Legodude522
Linux Evangelist

Send a message via ICQ to Legodude522 Send a message via AIM to Legodude522 Send a message via MSN to Legodude522 Send a message via Yahoo to Legodude522
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsgames
WTF are you registered at a Axim site for then??!!!

I was trying to troll. Didn't work out.

Actually, I post in the Off Topic every once in a while, it is a very nice community. Somehow I got over 200 post and I didn't have to spam. I did post my Zaurus over there.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #52
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Hmm, TROLL!!!!!!!!! Everyone hates them...

Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #53
JAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothjordan

Jordan

Why must it be my standards. There are multiple users in the UX forum who use a UX who love the keyboard. Many may agree or disagree with me. But I come from a common consensus. I don't solely speak for myself. As for the 650. I did try it. Why does everyone assume I have not. I have not criticized the Treo 700p or 700w yet due to I have not tried them. I even said I wanted to probably get the 700p due to its has everything I want and its Palm's top priority to handhelds anyway. I'm still pending on if I want one or not.

Here is PROOF!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the Exif data of the second pic if you don't believe me. I'm telling you I've tested the device. I've even tested the Treo 600 and it is even worse. I just can't type on the device. Its not my fault. Want me to get surgery and change my finger size to everyone else's so I can get a Treo? Seriously. I can't type on the device so I won't get it. All I ask is that Palm consider people with larger finger sizes by trying a slider or a blackberry size Treo (which is worse in my opinion).

People pay $300 for the UX because they realize there is no other device with Backup Media, Int. Media, Large Keyboard, Widescreen, rotating camera, extendable battery. The UX also has dedicated audio-processing chip which means that the processor does less. Basically, like a multi-processor. Just that one is for audio and the rest is for everything else.

In the end, it may just be smart of me to just get a laptop and forget PDAs once my UX dies or may just switch to WM. At least WM hardware developers try different things. Why do you think there is a Tablet PC, Media Center PC. Microsoft may not have the best software when it comes to something but at least there is a vision. Something Palm doesn't have. The only vision they have is making the same Treo is different colors and calling it another number. That's it. In my opinion, gaming on WM is way more prevalent due to the trial and error of Microsoft. While Palm stays in single-tasking street, Microsoft is developing and developing. Once multi-tasking is perfected, Palm will feel the heat. I love Palm OS but Palm is starting to just annoy me. Palm's limitations may even be the reason the CLIE became the PSP in my opinion. Sony saw the limits and left. Just like me, I may do the same. I see there is nothing but a handful of devices, so instead of forcing myself to get one, I may just adapt to one I really love hardware-wise then adapt to software. All I've heard bad about WM is PIMs and Multi-tasking. Both do not concern me for I love multi-tasking and want to work with it. PIMs are not important.

I really hope my UX hold on. Its my last hope for staying with Palm OS.

JAmerican

Handspring Treo 90 --> Royal RG135nx --> T-Mobile Sidekick --> T-Mobile Sidekick Color --> PEG-UX40 -- > PEG-UX50--> Samsung T629 (Returned) -- > Palm TX (SOLD)/T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610(Defective) --> T-Mobile Dash(Broken Screen) --> ASUS EEE 1000H Black/Treo 800w/PEG-VZ90

Old 03-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #54
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

JA, I bet if you never got a UX, you might be able to type on the Treo. I was able to last year, but now I can't. Weird...
My fingers got used to the large UX keyboard, I guess

Old 03-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #55
ntw1103
System.exit(0);

Send a message via AIM to ntw1103
Off topic Portion of my post:
Quote:
I have the psp for movies and games, the screen puts both the 650's and the UX to shame.

the UX(480x320) has a higher res screen then the psp(480x272). the psp does have more vibrant colors.(maybe) but the psp screen is known to have lots of bad pixals.
Quote:
Hmm, the PSP screen is the only one that compares to a VZ screen (which is the top of the line )

the VZ(480x320) still has a higher res screen then the psp. the VZ screen blows the psp screen away.
On topic portion of my post.
my other music player. and head phones.:

p.s. I have a psp, and I like the screen on my NX better then the psp screen.
ntw1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #56
Legodude522
Linux Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican
I'm telling you I've tested the device. I've even tested the Treo 600 and it is even worse. I just can't type on the device. Its not my fault. Want me to get surgery and change my finger size to everyone else's so I can get a Treo? Seriously. I can't type on the device so I won't get it. All I ask is that Palm consider people with larger finger sizes by trying a slider or a blackberry size Treo (which is worse in my opinion).

Right on! I love my Zaurus's keyboard, so much easier to use than Treo. Plus I typed up my chemistry homework on it today, my thumbs did not hurt. Whenever I typed on a T|C or Treo, my thumbs would eventually start hurting.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #57
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

The NX screen wasn't as good as the PSP. VZ is not as big step up from the PSP as it is from everything else

Old 03-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #58
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Quote:
Right on! I love my Zaurus's keyboard, so much easier to use than Treo. Plus I typed up my chemistry homework on it today, my thumbs did not hurt. Whenever I typed on a T|C or Treo, my thumbs would eventually start hurting.

My thumbs always hurt, lol
I miss the keyboard when I use my VZ. JA, how much do you think my UX is worth? (no MS, no speaker, some of the letters on the top are a little rubbed off, no up/down on jog dial, no USB, perfect screen)

Old 03-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #59
ntw1103
System.exit(0);

Send a message via AIM to ntw1103
after useing both psp and NX (rating only for movies which both devices can do) IMHO the NX is better. I am just wait for my Zaurus to come. 640X480.
ntw1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #60
JAmerican

Quote:

Thank you. Lego. For the record, did I tell you to say that??

Looks like I've adapted ventriloquism wirelessly since Lego's saying the same thing I'm saying just about his Zaurus. Weird. I should do road shows.

Nope its just his point of view or opinion.

JAmerican