Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Sony > Clie VZ-series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
hope
CLIE faithful

It's that good

I just got my VZ90. Absolutely amazing. No matter how much people say about the screen, you can't say enough. Just amazing. 20% brightness on my VZ is still brighter than my TH at 100%. It's also a slightly bigger display than the TH screen. The stereo speakers are loud and clear enough to enjoy a show without headphones. I'm currently installing all the required apps as well as waiting for my 2gb CF card to come in (should be here tomorrow). Right now I'm recording some shows on my VR to watch on the VZ tomorrow. I'll be taking some comparison pics of my own shortly so stay tune. I also list all the apps being used. I have the TH and OS is identical so the few bumps in the road I just compared and all went smoothly, just as I expected. there are a few things I didn't know and I will just have to go back to my TH to review. I'll get back later with more. I'm uhhh, reviewing the unit.

* I have
-- I need

If you have ones needed for sale or would like to donate to the Clie museum, please PM me. Thanks everyone

Dreading the day I no longer use a CLIE
Keep God first. Keep your wife happy. Keep your priorities striaght. Keep your Palm on you.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
LupeValenz
(^_^)/ Hi

Send a message via Yahoo to LupeValenz
Congrats! Gah bigger screen eh so pictures are not as crisp eh. That brightness level is pretty amazing
Old 01-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
hope
CLIE faithful

No one in this world can be the judge of crisp unless they own a VZ90. I mean anyone. All reviewers in all walks of the digital world should have a VZ90 for reference on brightness, color accuracy, crispness, and just plan wow. Do not worry about any downfalls when it comes to the screen in any way. OK, sorry, I'm not responding for about 2-3 hours. I'm going to get to know my device a little better.

* I have
-- I need

If you have ones needed for sale or would like to donate to the Clie museum, please PM me. Thanks everyone

Keep God first. Keep your wife happy. Keep your priorities striaght. Keep your Palm on you.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
xell

Congrats! Looking forward to your comparisons.
xell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
bunbuns

The VZ-90 i feel is the best Sony brand product purchase i have made. I am going to sell my NZ-90 and all the bulky extras like the WL100 card and spare battery at the end of my trip. Not only that but it feels much better in my pocket than the `brick` NZ-90. I just wish the Audio Player in Media Launcher played more than just ATRAC3 and CBR MP3`s (The lack of VBR MP3 and OGG support has cut the playable list to about 1/4 of my collection so i have to make do with pocket tunes). Ahh i gotta stop posting my ravings about this device
bunbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

You got yours!!?? When did you order it?
Sony Clie N760c -> Sony Clie TG-50 -> Treo 600 -> Sony Clie NX80, Fossil wrist PDA-> Sony Clie UX50 -> Sony CLIE VZ90 -> TG50, iPod 5.5 Gen -> Sony CLIE UX50, Sony PEGA-EB40 -> Sony CLIE PEG-TH55/E1, Samsung A900 (Blade) -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero, Apple MacBook -> HTC Evo ->Nexus S 4G, Apple MacBook Pro

I like iSpin, it's my favorite launcher!!
I am the 2nd top 1src poster!!
dragonsgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Oh yeah. And this is the last Clie. The end of the line.......
Sony Clie N760c -> Sony Clie TG-50 -> Treo 600 -> Sony Clie NX80, Fossil wrist PDA-> Sony Clie UX50 -> Sony CLIE VZ90 -> TG50, iPod 5.5 Gen -> Sony CLIE UX50, Sony PEGA-EB40 -> Sony CLIE PEG-TH55/E1, Samsung A900 (Blade) -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero, Apple MacBook -> HTC Evo ->Nexus S 4G, Apple MacBook Pro

Old 01-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #8
SonyStyle
Clie Fanatic

congratz on ur new vz90. i am sure the screen is amazing. the only thing that compares to it is a psp screen (from cliepet's website)

Motorola RAZR V3, Nokia 8801
SonyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #9
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

http://www.aibohack.com/psp/screen_compare1.jpg
It looks like the PSP screen is the same. Hmm, is it really. I was expecting it to be a blow out...

Last edited by dragonsgames : 01-09-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #10
hope
CLIE faithful

OK so here's the list

Cliepets Partial English Translation
Copied over memo pad, datebook, address book, and To Do from TH
Manually Rename Categories and recategorize
-Going to transfer over english CO from TH

With those 4 things, almost everything is covered. The preferences under hotsync and the preferences in general are in japanese and a comparison to a English version might be needed but that's about it..

I installed my usual apps and am hotsyncing using the WiFi through missing sync, I hate cords (ironically I love cradles ). Anyway, I just watched a snippid of my recording through my VR and the screen gives away some of the faults of the recordings, such as only 320x240 and 15fps. It looked a little better on the TH but brightness and color look 10x better on the VZ. Tomorrow I'm going to put clieRMC from my NX on it and have some fun, OH I missed that. Surfing in WideScreen again (like my old UX) is a thing of beauty. With my 2gb CF I'm going to have 3gb of removable memory and 136mb of built in memory. That's just incredible as well as faster and more stable than a LD.

I tried RotVZ and it only allowed portrait or Landscape. It didn't switch as needed for individual programs. Its OK but I was wondering if the landscape program for the TH or Portrait for UX would work? Also, I have 2 programs I don't know what they do. ATOK and a icon with a book and the omega sign on it. Both are in Japanese and I'm not sure if I should Shadowlaunch them or delete them. I put up some reviews on Wednesday and answer any questions people have.

It is the ultimate entertainment device, with exception to no actual harddrive. It is a really good PDA but the lack of bluetooth and keyboard limit it as I would reserve the ultimate PDA monarch to the UX/TH. Therefore, does 1 part great and the other part really good leaving a simply amazing device. The multimedia features on any other PDA just do not stand up in comparison where as the PDA features on the VZ are still very good. Needless to say, I love it and can say it does everything better than my PSP except games, having sold my PSP. (I'm still going to get another PSP later on though, what can I say, I'm a gadget whore)

* I have
-- I need

Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
hope
CLIE faithful

Brightness may be equal but color saturation and accuracy are not even comparible. Not to mention the crispness and quality that are inherint of the OLED. Don't let the picture fool you. They may be of equal brightness but the PSP is not near the quality of the VZ. I owned both and can testify to both. The widescreen of the VZ is much better versus the stretched nature of the PSP as well. The PSP is great but, the VZ just does everything better, except the games. The music, video, pictures, internet, PIM functions, memory slots, and battery life trump the PSP on all counts. Oh, for some reason, grafitti is actually enjoyable. I don't know if its because I don't have a screen protector yet or because of the VZ itself but grafitti is much more accurate and gratifying.

* I have
-- I need

Old 01-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #12
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

I have a PSP also (well, my brothers) and I am asking, is the VZ90 brighter than the PSP?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #13
dragonsgames
I'm stuck on the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope
OK so here's the list

Cliepets Partial English Translation
Copied over memo pad, datebook, address book, and To Do from TH
Manually Rename Categories and re-categorize
-Going to transfer over english CO from TH

With those 4 things, almost everything is covered. The preferences under hot-sync and the preferences in general are in japanese and a comparison to a English version might be needed but that's about it..

I installed my usual apps and am hot-syncing using the WiFi through missing sync, I hate cords (ironically I love cradles ). Anyway, I just watched a snipped of my recording through my VR and the screen gives away some of the faults of the recordings, such as only 320x240 and
15-fps. It looked a little better on the TH but brightness and color look 10x better on the VZ. Tomorrow I'm going to put clieRMC from my NX on it and have some fun, OH I missed that. Surfing in WideScreen again (like my old UX) is a thing of beauty. With my 2gb CF I'm going to have 3gb of removable memory and 136mb of built in memory. That's just incredible as well as faster and more stable than a LD.

I tried RotVZ and it only allowed portrait or Landscape. It didn't switch as needed for individual programs. Its OK but I was wondering if the landscape program for the TH or Portrait for UX would work? Also, I have 2 programs I don't know what they do. ATOK and a icon with a book and the omega sign on it. Both are in Japanese and I'm not sure if I should Shadowlaunch them or delete them. I put up some reviews on Wednesday and answer any questions people have.

It is the ultimate entertainment device, with exception to no actual harddrive. It is a really good PDA but the lack of bluetooth and keyboard limit it as I would reserve the ultimate PDA monarch to the UX/TH. Therefore, does 1 part great and the other part really good leaving a simply amazing device. The multimedia features on any other PDA just do not stand up in comparison where as the PDA features on the VZ are still very good. Needless to say, I love it and can say it does everything better than my PSP except games, having sold my PSP. (I'm still going to get another PSP later on though, what can I say, I'm a gadget whore)

Can you send me the English Clie Organizer and help me?

I am installing a Game-Gear and Game-Boy emulator on my VZ90 with all my old ROMs... let me see if I remember how to play...

Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
intellidryad
Clie lover

Congrats! I wish I had the money to get one,too...

On the 2 apps you don't know...
ATOK is a japanese input tool, it sort of anticipates the phrases you are going to enter by monitoring your japanese input history. The first time you launch it, you see a liscense agreement, confirm it and check the first check you see. Then you'll notice a red arch where the OS used to show the input mode. That's where you access the functions of ATOK. It also has a list of bizzare japanese style ASCII emoticons, such as(*^^)v

The book with the omega is a Japanese-English dictionary. The categories on the upper right is to choose J->E or E->J. Use Decuma to input japanese here and when ever you want to look up some thing.

You could keep them if you want to learn Japanese(^o^)
intellidryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
hope
CLIE faithful

l wasn't sure if SonyPenguin was selling his own or not. When I found out he was, I decided to buy his. He said he barely used it and from the looks of everything he must have barely touched it.

Anyway, the picture is more flattering for the PSP. The VZ screen is truly amazing and the PSP is not really comparable

Once I get CO working I'll send you all the required files. If someone can just translate all the preferences and hotync area, it really will be complete. I don't think I'll need it but still.

Little bit of info, the VZ uses the old school larger CLIE stylus. Really enjoyable

Dragons, could you pm me those emulators and complete instructions.

* I have
-- I need