Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Off-Topic > OT: Gaming
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
Pdaman
Retired pda user

Must have sony psp games?

My psp is up to it way so now next target is getting know how good psp games are. I have read lot of psp game reviews and only few of the were poor but almost all were at least good. But this thread isn't about good games, no no no! This is about best psp games!

Lets list them here!
Sony Clie Th55 = Simple as that, the the best pda what I have ever owned! However even it didn't keep me in the Pda world. About my gadgets, I'm now just using my psp, camera and cellphone. Maybe I will someday get a new pda, but it must to have phone cababilities so I don't need to use my regular cellphone anymore. And yeah, this means I won't be hanging in here 1src that much anymore. If someone want me to remove unfinished threads from 1src or something just pm me. Keep your gadgets running!
Pdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
LupeValenz
(^_^)/ Hi

Send a message via Yahoo to LupeValenz
Metal Gear Solid: Portable ops! Best game that utilizes alot of the PSP hardware, bware though, this will make you a 'crazy guy running around with PSP'. With the recruitment through wifi ports, you go all around town looking for new recruits to add to your army. There is TONS of replayability because the more you send your men into new missions, their stats go up so you have to play over and over to get all your favorite guys pretty high and then take them online for Deathmatch games . If your fan of Strategy games, then I have to suggest Metal Gear Acid series. Its fun, has good plot that is known with the MGS series, and its just cool trying to 'have em all' card library.Then you also have the GTA series, Lumines, Mercruy (very addictive puzzle game as well and beatiful as well), Maverick Hunter X, Street Fighter Alpha 3, (Da best of the SF series) though with fighting games, it is kinda hard with the PSP so I don't play it too much >.<OHhhhh how can I forget the crazy game, LocoRoco!..thats right, I haven't played it but I heard its a great game. If you had to buy one game, it would have to be MGS: PO, great single player and online as well Never bored with that game.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Joel
1src Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to Joel Send a message via AIM to Joel Send a message via MSN to Joel Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Try WTF (Work Time Fun) too. It's addictive in a weird sort of way. Not for everyone but I'm hooked.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Pdaman
Retired pda user

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupeValenz
Metal Gear Solid: Portable ops! Best game that utilizes alot of the PSP hardware, bware though, this will make you a 'crazy guy running around with PSP'. With the recruitment through wifi ports, you go all around town looking for new recruits to add to your army. There is TONS of replayability because the more you send your men into new missions, their stats go up so you have to play over and over to get all your favorite guys pretty high and then take them online for Deathmatch games .

Seems very good indeed

Quote:
Try WTF (Work Time Fun) too. It's addictive in a weird sort of way. Not for everyone but I'm hooked.

You sure got that right. I look at some of the wtf's photos... and wow I thought Could be quite nice

How well gta vice city stories does run on psp, does it lag or something? It seems very nice psp choice I think it isn't really necessary have any huge san andreas kind of alternative, but it would be heck of great! For now I have had thoughs about Daxter. It seems very good game for smaller unit just like psp. Also, my girlfriend could also like it Any freedback about Daxter?
Sony Clie Th55 = Simple as that, the the best pda what I have ever owned! However even it didn't keep me in the Pda world. About my gadgets, I'm now just using my psp, camera and cellphone. Maybe I will someday get a new pda, but it must to have phone cababilities so I don't need to use my regular cellphone anymore. And yeah, this means I won't be hanging in here 1src that much anymore. If someone want me to remove unfinished threads from 1src or something just pm me. Keep your gadgets running!

Last edited by Pdaman : 02-19-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Pdaman
Retired pda user

As here haven't come lot of replys, lets put the question someway to different form, shall I? How about something like this... What is best first person shooter, best football game etc for psp...?

Just in case I bought some days ago my first psp game called Socom fireteam bravo. First impressions was that the graphics wasn't that good what I excepted but they are still over th55 graphics all the way! Though the graphics were clear and beautifull on the menus and settings. Psp can definitely handle very beautifull graphics if game just were made by experts, like EA's Burnout revenge.

Okay, but now after few days playing, graphics haven't bothered me at all (because they aren't that bad anyway)! Actually the game just sucked me in so bad after bit of practising!! The contolling is very easy in the end and they fit very well for psp buttons. Actually only drawback is that manual aiming should be someway better and maybe bit of more long campain mode. But all other way the game is just amazing for psp size machine. The game runs just fine and there are also lot of ways to kill the enemys and lot of modes.

So conclusion is that in my opinion Socom fireteam bravo is the best psp shooter what I know. I haven't tryed the network play because I gotta get new router for that but I have read lot of good review about it! Though there is coming Rainbow six vegas for psp so it might be even better? It would be just dream to plan how to attack to buildings etc. which ability has been missing from first person shooters for years! Though I haven't found any reviews about ir so maybe they haven't released it even in the USA, so any freedback about that?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
traderonline

i have NFS carbon. it's pretty fun to play in a PSP
traderonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
gothicaleigh
Anthropomorphic

My favorites:

Lumines
Loco Roco
Tekken : Dark Resurrection

1-866-445-6580

BE A PATRIOT - BE AN INFORMER!
gothicaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
yorrick

Have a look at www.gamerankings.com for reviews of games. This site aggregates other website reviews and rates them accordingly. It's a good way to evaluate games before you buy a dud.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
LupeValenz
(^_^)/ Hi

Send a message via Yahoo to LupeValenz
Another great addictive game for puzzle lovers and RPG lovers as well: Puzzle Quest. At first when I heard of it I thought it wouldn't be that fun then I heard of the demo aonline and knew I had to get this on portable format. I opted for the PSP because well, the game library isn't that big >.< plus I like the crisp graphics. The game is HARRRRD though even at the very beginning. If you play this through like Bejeweled, you'll find yourself fighthing enemies over and over >.< (Like I did) You have to take the time to think through and see what happens if you move this gem, will the opponent be able to get a combo on you.You also can't breeze through the game, it IS like an RPG and you'll have to fight the same puzzels over and over again to gain more experience, more gold to get equipment. This game is a MUST have for those who like Bejeweled and want a lil RPG experience mixed in as well.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
kluntz

Another PSP Game.

Medal of Honor: Heroes is a solid game.
WWII shooter.
kluntz is offline   Reply With Quote