Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, FL
| | Instructions for WiFi HotSync (TJ37)
I am fairly new to this board, but it seems to me like there are a lot of questions on how to do a wireless hotsync via WiFi with the TJ37 or other wireless Clie models...this is the most detailed I can get with the setup I have, so I hope it works for all of you...post back to me if you have any questions...thanks! =)
The following are set-up instructions for WiFi hotsync when these conditions are met in full:
1. The computer being synced to is on the same network as the wireless handheld
2. Internet Connection Firewall is NOT enabled on the PC being synced with
3. There is only ONE router being used on the ENTIRE home network
4. The synced PC is in the same IP range as the wireless handheld
Have fun, this is going to take a while...
1. Go to the "Prefs" section on your handheld's settings
2. Click on "Network" on the drop-down menu
3. Click on "Wireless LAN" on the "service" drop-down menu
4. Click on "Details"
5. Click "Scan"
6. Select (Highlight) the network connection that the scanner finds - make sure it matches the network name of the network in your house
7. Click "Edit"
8. Make sure the SSID matches the SSID of your router...for instance, if you have a LinkSys wireless router and have not changed any of its settings, the SSID would be, by default, "linksys"
9. Make sure that no WEP setting is chosen, unless you are positive that your wireless router is set to use a WEP key
10. Select "Infrastructure" under "ConnectMode"
11. Select "Autoconnect" so the box has a check in it
12. Click "Advanced Setup"
13. Put a check in the box labled "Auto IP address"
14. Put a check in the box labled "Auto DNS address"
15. Put a check in the box labled "Power Save Mode" if so desired
16. Click "Ok"
17. Click "Ok"
NOW, for the HotSync section!
FIRST, right click on the hotsync manager icon in your system tray, then click on "setup"
Now, Click on the Network tab, and click the button that says "TCP/IP Settings"
Write down the PC IP address displayed there, as you will need it later
EDIT-NEW STEP- Right click on your HotSync manager icon again, and make sure that ONLY network has a check next to it...- END EDIT-
19. Click on the HotSync icon in your launcher
20. Click on the "Modem" button so it is highlighted instead of "local"
21. Make sure the box directly under the big hotsync button says "Wireless LAN"...if not, select it, then select "Wireless LAN" from the drop-down menu
22. Select "Modem Sync Prefs" from the menu options in HotSync setup
23. Select "Network", then press "Ok"
24. Select "LANSync Prefs" from the menu options in HotSync setup
25. Select "Local Hotsync", then press "Ok"
26. Select "Primary PC Setup" from the menu options in HotSync setup
27. Under primary PC name, enter two (2) exclamation points, like this: !!
28. Under Primary PC Address, enter the IP address that you wrote down a little earlier from the HotSync manager
29. Click "Ok", go back to the main HotSync screen
Now, all you need to do is click the HotSync button on the screen! You should be golden! Please post any problems, and I will be happy to try to assist further.
Proud user of the awesome TJ37/U and a Lexar 256 MB Memory Stick Pro
Check out my WiFi HotSync Thread:
Last edited by snoslicer8 : 05-10-2004 at 01:44 PM.