Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Palm > T|X-Series
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
cptplastic

PowerSDHC license

I've read on this forum about how difficult it can be to get a license for PowerSDHC from Dmitry Grinberg. I don't quite understand why though.

I paid for a license over a week ago and the trial version is set to run out tomorrow. I have followed all of the instructions on the Palmpowerups.com web site with no response.

Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to do business with a company/person who does not respond to emails?

The software is great, the trial version works perfectly and I was really excited to get the full license. Please help.
cptplastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Ou_Boet

Did you login to your "My Software" area on his site. Depending on what you purchased, you either get an alphanumeric key, or a key file to d/l and install. (The key will not be emailed to you. You have to get it from his site). I purchased his SDHC Driver 3 weeks ago without problems.

OB
Ou_Boet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
cptplastic

Thank you so much for your reply.

I had no problem registering on the http://www.palmpowerups.com/ web site, downloading the trial, installing the trial on my TX and obtaining the Reg ID#. I then ordered it as instructed on the Palmpowerups web site, paying with Paypal.

I've received confirmation of payment from Paypal and emailed Dmitry with copies of the payment and all information as requested on his web site at http://www.palmpowerups.com/IMPORTANT.php.

I have had no response to date from Dmitry and only access to the free trial on http://www.palmpowerups.com/YourSoftware.php.

I appreciate any help you can offer to complete this purchase with Palmpowerups.com.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
undeadpalm

Just noticed your thread after posting something similar.

I bought the SDHC driver, but it doesn't provide the device id as the instructions say.

Anyway, I have had no response from them either.

Edit* - sorry I just realized that you're only seeing the trial version in the "my software" section. You're right, there should be a second line under that for the full version, which appears after you pay.

In my case the full version did appear on the list, but so far I can't use it.

Unfortunately I haven't got even that far - the trial version I installed to get the device ID just gives an error message, so I can't generate a key at all.

So if anyone has useful contact info for Palmpowerups that would be great. I suppose I should have noticed that the only company contact info was a gmail account, not usually an encouraging sign.

Last edited by undeadpalm : 02-11-2011 at 09:08 PM.
undeadpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
cptplastic

I've been doing some searching on the internet in relation to Dmitry Grinberg and my sense is that he is a very young man (22) who has used his talent for programming to pay for his education and his current lifestyle. He developed the Palm software while he was still in school.

His tag-line says something about annoying him is not a way to get him to produce software, and yet in another response to a request for a license he tells the person to "keep emailing him" until he responds.

So, Dmitry, if you are reading this, please provide the software license that I paid you for. I'm sure if you paid someone for a service and did not receive it in a timely manner, you would be just as frustrated as I am (and many others are, as evidenced by the numerous requests for response on this and other forums).

And again, if there is anyone out there who can help get a response from Dmitry Grinberg, I ask for your kind assistance.