Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
NEWS
Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
Games
Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
Audio/Video
Cellphones
Digital Cameras
Gaming
Gadgets & Gizmos
Non-Palm OS PDAs
PCs/Laptops
Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
FREEWARE
Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
ABOUT US
Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices:

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Applications > Games
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 AM   #556
darkfrair

Exclamation getting right down to buisness EXTREME SPOILER ALERT

[QUOTE=Joey1856]

...There are four fish which cannot be bred from different fish. These are the Twin-fin Spontanus, Silky Spontanus, Twin-fin Shark, and Silky Shark. In order to find all the fish in the game, you will need to get these four fish directly from eggs. Moreover, starting with these four fish it is possible to breed all other fish in the game. Luckily, the game considers these to be "common" fish, and they eventually will be born from the common eggs....After doing a little math, you can actually calculate how many ways there are to breed a certain fish. For example, the "Ultra-Rare" Canary Fire-Arrow arises from 14 combinations to get Fire-Arrow (not including combinations employing the Fire-Arrow itself--there are two of those), and 14 combinations to get the Canary part (again, not including the 2 combinations which use the Canary itself). So, there are 14*14 = 196 different ways to breed the Canary Fire-Arrow.....not very "Ultra-Rare" if you ask me. ...I haven't played on any setting other than 'easy', so I have no idea if this all still holds.[/QUOTE]
when it comes right down to it, almost everything you said is correct, BUT you CAN make a silky shark without a silky shark. that combo would be silky catfish and tiger shark, AND their are 252 ways to make a canary fire-arrow without a canary fire-arrow.
to figure out how many combos of a fish you can make WITHOUT a fish of the same type use this formula,
f=fin number
b=body number
t=total combos not using fish
a=total combos for fin USING FIN(find using his formula)
c=total combos for body USING BODY(find using his formula)
d= total amount subtracted
d=x1+x2 if x1+x2= a whole number
d=x1+x2-0.5 if x1+x2= a decimal
x1=amount subtracted for fin
for 1>f>21 x1=2
for f=1 x1=0
for f=21 x1=1.5
x2=amount subtracted for body
for 1>b>21 x2=2
for b=1 x2=0
for b=21 x2=1.5

t= a*c-d

I know it's a long explanation, but the reason I wrote it is when he calculated the amount of ways to make a canary fire-arrow he found the amount of combinations that don't use canary fin type AND/OR fire-arrow body type. this means his formula didn't include, for example, the completely legit combo of canary fruitfish + canary goldenshark.I DON'T MEAN ANY OFFENSE TO YOU, I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU. I AM LETTING YOU KNOW OF A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU DID, AND IT'S SOLUTION. I AM DOING IT TO HELP YOU BECAUSE OF ALL THE HELP YOUR POST BROUGHT ME.
futhermore, I am testing the combos in medium, using spotanus for the fin type, and silky for the body types. i am starting with twinfin and silky fin types, then combining them and their offspring trying to create 1 of every fin type. so far, on easy I have made 1 of every fin type, only making fish pregnant with the next higher fin type, on easy i did the same with body types,on medium the breeding chart is so far correct, but i have only done fin types, and have only made a razorback, golden, and stubbed fin type.
I'll post my next update

Last edited by darkfrair : 10-31-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: it STILL wont show
darkfrair is offline   Reply With Quote