Shortcuts: Mobile | Active Topics | Newest Posts | Latest Freeware | Private Messaging | Contribute News | Archive 
  NEWS
  Search News
Browse by Category
News History
1SRC News RSS Feed
1SRC Podcast RSS Feed
Contribute News
  FORUMS
Topic Specific
News
General
Applications
  Games
  Video
Deals & Promos
Developers
E-books
Mac / Linux
Medical
Podcast
Skins & Backgrounds
Wireless
Off-Topic
  Audio/Video
  Cellphones
  Digital Cameras
  Gaming
  Gadgets & Gizmos
  Non-Palm OS PDAs
  PCs/Laptops
  Tech Web
palm
pre
Foleo
T|X-Series
Z-Series
LifeDrive
Zire
Treo
Tungsten
Older Palms
Sony
VZ-Series
TH-Series
UX-Series
TJ-Series
NX-Series
TG-Series
NZ-Series
Older Clies
Tapwave
Zodiac
Garmin
iQue
Other Licensees
AlphaSmart
Fossil
Group Sense
Kyocera
LG
Samsung
Site Specific
Arcade
Comment/Suggest
  FREEWARE
  Search Freeware
Applications
Ebooks
Skins
Backgrounds
  ABOUT US
  Contact Us
Contribute News
About Us
Privacy Statement
  LOW PRICE SEARCH

Search for the lowest prices: 

LINKS

Go Back   1src Forums > Topic Specific > Off-Topic > OT: Gaming
Forum has been archived.
Login has been disabled.
FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
gman

I got a Sony PlayStation III!!!!!

Hey everybody!!!!!

I got a PlayStation III game system this morning! I realize that this isn't the proper site to make such a posting but I am so excited I wanted to tell y'all!

Getting it didn't go without paying a price. I arrived at the store (Target) on Wednesday at 4:00pm and was 9th in line. The store manager came out and told us that they were only expecting 8 systems so some people left but I decided to stay! On Thursday evening the manager returned and said that they had 6 - 60GB systems in the store and that they hoped to get 2 - 20GB systems. At that moment the two guys in front of me packed up and left. I was now 7th in line! Thursday, just before the store closed the manager returned and said that they had received the 2 remaining 20GB systems.

Diligence pays off! I stayed and was fortunate enough to get a system even if it is only the 20GB.

Incidentally, I really wanted the 60GB system because it had WiFi and the memory stick card slots built into the unit... not to mention it was 3 times larger than the one I currentlt have!

Thanks for letting me share me experince! I don't play the games but I'm sure my son's will enjoy the system!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
arth1

Yes, but can it sync with the UX-50?
arth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Pdaman
Retired pda user

oh.... ps3 is nice but not that nice to post to wrong forum.. dude?!
Sony Clie Th55 = Simple as that, the the best pda what I have ever owned! However even it didn't keep me in the Pda world. About my gadgets, I'm now just using my psp, camera and cellphone. Maybe I will someday get a new pda, but it must to have phone cababilities so I don't need to use my regular cellphone anymore. And yeah, this means I won't be hanging in here 1src that much anymore. If someone want me to remove unfinished threads from 1src or something just pm me. Keep your gadgets running!
Pdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
Gizmo
Dreaded Monkey Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdaman
oh.... ps3 is nice but not that nice to post to wrong forum.. dude?!

I must be missing something. Isn't this the Off Topic Gaming forum?
Palm Pilot
Palm V
Clie N760C
Treo 650
Centro
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
foromerm
TH55 & UX Nutcase Member

i want one too but they are coming in europe in march 'cries' and you can sync them with the ux or th since it a linux will come for it and probably get palm desktop to work on it LOL
foromerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
LupeValenz
(^_^)/ Hi

Send a message via Yahoo to LupeValenz
Ok...how much YOU going to sell it on Ebay for?
LupeValenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
GadgetGuru05

Send a message via Yahoo to GadgetGuru05
Thumbs down

I don't get it.... you guys have much more serious problem in this country to take care of and i think is just wrong "to be nice" to stand there for days and also be excited to tell others in wrong place...

next time that you are going to act excited and consider wasting money for just a game box "in just few weeks will be cheaper" look around and make a talk with someone that is hungry or need to go to the doctor for less than that sony price.

Is that the American Value that is forced by bombs to the rest of the world? blloooonnnnyyyyyy.

you guys in US are out of touch with reality and spoil uselessly yourself and your kids and the next generation is even worse than this one...

thats why you get such fascism in here and entire world has to pay the price of your ignorance and selfishness...

btw, xmas is not a jesus party, jesus was not born on dec. etc etc...
is all about how to keep people dumb and control and rub their money.....

happy PSP3 day .... i need an asperine...
c
ps,
Don't take it personal but im just pissed off of the level of fakness in here.

Too many to name. Not tellin yeahhhh...

C'est la vie ou c'est la merde? ;-O

Last edited by GadgetGuru05 : 11-19-2006 at 01:32 AM.
GadgetGuru05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
Pdaman
Retired pda user

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuru05
I don't get it.... you guys have much more serious problem in this country to take care of and i think is just wrong "to be nice" to stand there for days and also be excited to tell others in wrong place...
Okay. I understand what you saying. For you people, I'm sorry about my act Peace. That wasn't fair complain about it.
Sony Clie Th55 = Simple as that, the the best pda what I have ever owned! However even it didn't keep me in the Pda world. About my gadgets, I'm now just using my psp, camera and cellphone. Maybe I will someday get a new pda, but it must to have phone cababilities so I don't need to use my regular cellphone anymore. And yeah, this means I won't be hanging in here 1src that much anymore. If someone want me to remove unfinished threads from 1src or something just pm me. Keep your gadgets running!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #9
JackAxe
Barbarian Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuru05

next time that you are going to act excited and consider wasting money for just a game box "in just few weeks will be cheaper" look around and make a talk with someone that is hungry or need to go to the doctor for less than that sony price.

Is that the American Value that is forced by bombs to the rest of the world? blloooonnnnyyyyyy.

you guys in US are out of touch with reality and spoil uselessly yourself and your kids and the next generation is even worse than this one...

thats why you get such fascism in here and entire world has to pay the price of your ignorance and selfishness...

btw, xmas is not a jesus party, jesus was not born on dec. etc etc...
is all about how to keep people dumb and control and rub their money.....

happy PSP3 day .... i need an asperine...
c
ps,
Don't take it personal but im just pissed off of the level of fakness in here.

Well, I'm not sure about where you're from, but at least I'll show some respect and assume that others where you live, are not like you.

Sorry if you're having a bad moment.

Yeah there are some dumb people out there, but fortunately the majority aren't even remotely close to how our media represents Americans to the rest of the world. Things are always blown out of proportion by our press and goverment and rarely do they reflect on who we are, but more so on what corporations and special interests want us to be.

As Ezekial already pointed out, the US is not alone in its quest for what's new. Our society is based on captalism and I see the fascism here and there, but at least the blind consumer whorism isn't as previlent as it used to be, and most Americans are finally coming around and seeing beyond their religous belief.

Before you call us ignorant and selfish, you should take a long look at yourself. Becuse you're being a comlpete hypocrite, by assuming all Americans are the same.

<]=)

I be a hearty pirate that plunders many waffles.

The Dread Pirate Monkey Gizmo has scurvy! :)

Nintendo DS and Wii, me gaming machines of choice.
JackAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Ezikial Anta
Mustangs and Supras

Send a message via AIM to Ezikial Anta
Whoa man, I don't really know what made you flip out... Just because it's America you have a problem when everyone else in the entire world does that too? I know plenty of people waited outside for both the Wii AND PS3 in Japan AND America and I am sure that the European nations are no different either.
Please don't try going to bash America calling us ignorant and bombers, and all that other stuff about a "Jesus party" when most American retailers know that it's the Holidays- and NOT exclusively Christmas. You are celebrating something in almost all religions around the same time, so why not have a happy holiday? Is it possibly an excuse to spend money? Some people see it as so, but there's something more that I take away from every Christmas eve with family than some material goods, and it's the amazing time I have with my family, and that's more what the holidays are about for most people.
Sorry, I've been sitting on my tongue for a while, but I don't like seeing this slander, so I felt I would address it.

On topic, I have a 20GB in my possession now, and I am thinking of opening it [Even though, yes, I am aware that I am hypocritical in my stance now due to my stance earlier in the year...] but I don't want a useless broken unit. We shall see.

You guys got any say?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #11
JAmerican
Why Does Palm Disappoint?

My bro and I sold a PS3 and Wii bundle on ebay .

JAmerican

Handspring Treo 90 --> Royal RG135nx --> T-Mobile Sidekick --> T-Mobile Sidekick Color --> PEG-UX40 -- > PEG-UX50--> Samsung T629 (Returned) -- > Palm TX (SOLD)/T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610(Defective) --> T-Mobile Dash(Broken Screen) --> ASUS EEE 1000H Black/Treo 800w/PEG-VZ90

Accesories: Transcend 16GB SDHC | 8GB Transcend microSD
JAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #12
Pdaman
Retired pda user

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican
My bro and I sold a PS3 and Wii bundle on ebay .

JAmerican
Okay, that sounds odd... next to "hard" words in this thread. i don't understand half what some of dudes are here saying
Old 12-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
Ezikial Anta
Mustangs and Supras

Send a message via AIM to Ezikial Anta
Giz, it was originally moved from a different posting place. [Which wasn't the right area]
Old 12-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #14
GadgetGuru05

Send a message via Yahoo to GadgetGuru05
cool, i did weak up some sols in here... lol
sorry guys, yes i was pissed off to see that 1000's people are ready to get shot and killed for a game box and not go outside and march for some real cause like real freedom, human right, peace and stop this nazzi gov....
i am from the planet Mars... but my wife is American....
anyway, im sorry again, it was little bit too much but i was correct about what i said..

btw, the difference between ignorant people with atomic bomb and ignorant people with a rock in hand is from earth to Mars.... hahaa

PSP 3 is a good deal to buy even just for wifi and Bleu Ray DVD player, but i will wait few more yrs..haha

okay guys, i wish you all a great safe and happy holiday with friends and family. dont forget the poor neighbor or homeless guy on the corner... pleaseeeee

Too many to name. Not tellin yeahhhh...

C'est la vie ou c'est la merde? ;-O
GadgetGuru05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
Reggie
1src Founder

Just wanted to chime in and mention that I was able to get a PS3 (60GB) off an ad at craigslist. This guy was selling it for $700 (just $70 above what he got it for) since his son prefers the Xbox 360. Ha!

Actually, I got it for the Blu-ray player first, and games second. I like that it would play SACDs too.