Linux - The True OS
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Abingdon, UK
Originally Posted by potter
Just trying to verify what you did. As I currently understand it, you:
- Pulled the micro-drive CF card from your LD.
- On a Linux box, using an USB CF reader:
- Used the 'dd' command to copy a complete image of the micro-drive CF to a file.
- Used the 'dd' command to copy the complete image from this file back to the SanDisk 4GB CF card.
- Put the SanDisk CF card into your LD.
- Hard-reset or just powered on?
Did I miss any steps? Can you share any more details?
Hard reset not powered on as when I powered on it entered a reset loop. I am guessing this could be to do with the different numbers of sectors on the two devices so after a hard reset the palm os was able to format the disk space in its preferred manner. I found it more reliable to use the instructions on hackndev.com as I tried both methods.
Zire -> Zire 31 -> Zire 72 -> Fossil Wrist PDA, Lifedrive -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N810 (got a discount, just waiting for them to become available)
The only thing worse than an ignorant fool is an arrogant fool.