What does Ludus mean?
Join Date: Apr 2004
a little explanation of what SharkCache does:
The LifeDrive has 10 megabytes of cache (this is known as DBCache), and SharkCache only lets you use up to 4 megabytes of this space (40%). The other 60% is movable heap, for the system to use.
Media-centric apps can't be cached easily since they read off the card (in this case the hard drive) and never actually put the source file into cache in its entirety (this is generally called "buffering"). consider the case with an app like TCPMP: ALMOST EVERY movie is >10 mb... it can't all possibly fit into the cache at once.
__________________ Ludus Technologies
LudusW, SharkMsg, SharkLinks, SharkBtn, SharkSwipe, SharkNav, SharkCache, SharkROM.
What's next? Shark(insert word here).