Join Date: Jun 2002
Anyone who actually owns one? Anyone can provide the answer to the following Qs on the Lifedrive:
1. The Lifedrive has 64MB RAM is it flash RAM or a partition on the hard disk? BargainPDA says its probably partition on the hard disk, Mobile Tech Review says its volatile RAM that will not survive full battery drain...if it's a partition on the non-volatile hard disk, then it should survive full battery drainage, isn't it? Which is which?
2. Will Graffitti 1 workaround work on the Lifedrive, if its using Volatile RAM, then the implementation might be like previous Palm Zire 72 and lower, so G1 might work without any hacking... If not, will the newer hacked G1 work?
A: >>BARGAINPDA says no. Reset loop if you tried to install G1.
3. Does the 7-limit find bug surface here? Again if its Volatile RAM, it might not be here since that only affect NVFS units, it seems...
4. Can't Palmone scale their CPU speed to lengthen battery life on audio playback? 6 hours with screen off from a 1660 mAh battery is bad... Even the battery challenged UX50 get 16 hours with its custom DSP chip. And an ipod could get 8 hours from the Shuffle and its battery which is 1/3 the capacity of the Lifedrive.
5. Will the built-in camera companion application read 'RAW' picture files?
6. No one shows the included case, how does it look like?
7. Is it available now at retail stores? Nobody seem to have posted it as available in CompUSA and elsewhere...
8. Is the stylus the same one as the one for the Tungsten T/T3 or is it a new one?
9. See next post...
10. How long soft reset takes? The original Tungsten T -T3 is near instrantaneous (5 seconds or so), The E2 with NVFS takes 20 seconds. The Lifedrive? How long it takes might shed light on its RAM structure...