Join Date: Feb 2003
Hi, I can recommend the following (repair permissions)
1. Insert Disk 1 of your Install Mac OS X CD, and then while holding down the C key, restart your computer.
2. From the Installer menu, choose Open Disk Utility.
3. Click on the First Aid tab.
4. Select your disk, and then click the Repair Permissions button. Note: This can take several minutes to complete.
5. Once the repair is completed, then from the Open Disk Utility menu, choose Quit.
6. Quit the Installer.
If this does not work, try creating a new admin account in System Prefernces. Then try using the software.