Here's what I did for my UX and Panther. Hopefully, this would be helpful for TH55 owners.
1. Install Palm Desktop 4.1 for the Mac. It's available for free at PalmOne
(but you would have to fill up a form so that the download link will be emailed to you). Restart.
2. Download and install the iSync Palm Conduit v1.2. It's also free at Apple
. The conduit won't install if it can't find Palm Desktop so make sure you have it installed already.
3. Purchase and install The Missing Sync
. It's available for $29.95 at Mark/Space. I used to know by heart which Clies need and do not need The Missing Sync so I won't attempt to list those Clies. I need seamless iSync, iCal, iPhoto, and iTunes support that's why I opted to purchase The Missing Sync. The installation will close all active applications and will request for a restart.
1. Activate Hotsync Manager, found in Applications/Palm/
2. In the Menu Bar, click Hotsync>Conduit Settings
3. Click iSync Conduit in the Conduit Settings windows. Click the Conduit Settings button. Click "Enable Hotsync for this Palm device." Click OK.
4. I did the following settings for the rest of the conduits:
a. Backup - Backup
b. Install - Install Files
c. iSync Conduit - See Conduit Settings
d. Memo Pad - Do Nothing (set as default)
e. Note Pad - Do Nothing (set as default)
f. Photos - Do Nothing (set as default)
g. Voice Memo - Do Nothing (set as default)
There is no Memo Pad support for iCal so if you want, you can set it as synchronize but it will sync with Palm Desktop and not iCal. (Update: You can try iPalmMemo but it's a standalone application.)
1. Plug-in the sync cable.
2. Turn on the UX50 and navigate to Hotsync.
3. Make sure the Hotsync setting is set to Local and to Cradle/Cable.
4. Tap the Hotsync button.
1. Activate iSync.
2. The iSync window should appear with a T2 icon labelled with your username.
3. Click Sync Now.
4. Tap the Hotsync button in your Clie.
5. If nothing happens after the Hotsync, go back to the Conduit Settings and make sure the "Enable Hotsync for this Palm device" is checked.
Syncing would be slow if you're used to traditional way of syncing. But remember, not only will iCal be updated, the Address Book will also be synced as well.
That's about it. The UX50 can be mounted on the desktop by tapping Data Import in the Clie. From here, you can now import pictures into iPhoto and transfer songs to the Clie through iTunes.
To totally harness the power of isyncing, get a .mac account so that you can backup your Safari bookmarks, Address Book Contacts, and iCal Calendars and To Do items online.