Join Date: Sep 2002
First of all, I am very happy to know that you are active in the project. (:
I have had a meeting with napm (wont desclose his name for privacy issues) and we have solved and answered most most of your questions so here I go...
1. Youre right about the popup issue. Users do not like things jumping up all the time. I will not even include the feature in the first version.
2. I am planning to include alot of color themes. Users just like me love customizing and that is the feeling I want to give.
3. I will include the HiRes icons option for low-res devices however the default will be disabled.
4. One of the problems with theming an OS is that things are not fixed like ZLauncher. However things that are fixed like controls looks and the system bar look will be themeable. I will try to make it as easy as possible to add new themes and might even include a few.
5. Yes, Think of the OS just like MS Windows desktop system. You can have multiple windows switch between them in a tap and move them around and size them. Full powered but designed for a small device. (:
Forms have bold title text when active and normal title text when non-active and have color changes.
Multiple instances of forms is also supported.
6. Apart form IRDA support the first version will not include bluetooth, WIFI support yet. However I DO plan to make a big shake with the wireless world by adding peer to peer networking.
7. Applications not only can send messages to each other (using the multi-tasking system) but can plug-in to forms and add functionality easily.
8. As to the way icons are I cant answer that since I have not designed the launcher part just yet, but I will release details when that part is reached. (:
9. Yes, programmers can set forms to be transparent which does slow things down (since the background forms have to be redrawn). If a programmer includes a size control on a form, the size feature is done automaticly.
10. music will not be supported in the first version but rather as a very close update after the first version. The idea is to release the OS with what is neccessary.
11. The first version does not modify the virtual graffiti however will use the extra space for a higher resolution...
I have to go, so I'll visit tommorow... (;