1src Forums

1src Forums (http://www.1src.com/forums/index.php)
-   Applications (http://www.1src.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   FileZ v5.22 vs. Due Yesterday v5.2B1 (http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22707)

LanMan 08-07-2003 02:04 PM

FileZ v5.22 vs. Due Yesterday v5.2B1

I have a T415 and am having some problems getting FileZ v5.22 and Due Yesterday v5.2B1 to coexsist with each other. They are both by NoSleep.net, so they should be compatible. However, each time I load the new beta of DY, I lose the FileZ program. Each time I reload FileZ I lose the DY program.

They have different .PRC's, i.e. FileZ-filez.prc, and DY-yesterday.prc. Therefore I shouldn't be overwriting the loaded .prc when I sync the new .prc. So I don't know what's going on. I do know that both programs have recently switched from CodeWarrior to PRC Tools, but I wouldn't think that that would cause this to happen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is it just me? I have emailed NoSleep.net/support, but have not heard back yet. :confused:

BTW: I did try FileZ v5.3B1, but it crashed my system every time.

Serotta 08-07-2003 02:57 PM

Could it be that the creator id is the same? I believe that Palm OS doesn't allow more than 1 app with the same creator. Good news is you can use FileZ to change its own Creator to something else, and then load DY. Hope this helps.

LanMan 08-07-2003 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Serotta
Could it be that the creator id is the same? I believe that Palm OS doesn't allow more than 1 app with the same creator. Good news is you can use FileZ to change its own Creator to something else, and then load DY. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, Serotta. Do you mean the Unique ID, or Creator field? Niether field seems to be editable.

Alistar 08-07-2003 04:33 PM

I use FileZ and DueYesterday on my NX with bo problems. In fact they are both in flash right now as well.

LanMan 08-07-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alistar
I use FileZ and DueYesterday on my NX with bo problems. In fact they are both in flash right now as well.

Yes, I was using both also, before I installed DY v5.2B1 (beta 7/29/2003). Are you using the DY beta w/o problems?

Alistar 08-07-2003 05:15 PM

Oh sorry. No I'm still back at 5.0 with Due Yesterday.

Serotta 08-08-2003 08:24 AM

LanMan, I am talking about the "Creator" field, and I can change it using Filez. I changed the creator from filz to fiil and it works fine. I brought up this point because when creating application "stubs" for ShadowPlan databases, they would get overridden if the Creator was the same. I believe Jeff had to change this to use different Creator ID's for each.

LanMan 08-08-2003 08:26 AM

Come-on! Somebody try this combo on their Clie and let me know if you have the same problem. Pleeeaaassseee!, or I'll sit on the floor and hold my breath and kick my feet and yell and cry and..., oh, sorry! I'm a new dad and I'm just thinking about what lies ahead. ;)

LanMan 08-15-2003 09:06 AM

NoSleep has released Due Yesterday v5.2B2 which fixes this problem. FYI

www.due-yesterday.com