Apt 0.9a (formerly known as PAP)
I promised a new version yesterday, but couldn't deliver due to 1src being unavailable, so here it is a bit late.
The name has changed because I got too embarrassed by the connotations of PAP.
Highlights of this version are:
- improved trigger/action organisation
- stroke and tap triggers
- idle/wakeup/exit events
- locking by nearly any of the triggers
- star menus (two quick presses to access actions)
- popup menus (I hadn't intended to do them, but it was just too easy)
- 'real' macros: move around apps tapping controls etc without interaction
- perform actions based on name of memory card inserted
You really should look at the userguide.
I'll try and put some screenshots here, there are a lot in the userguide as well.
p.s. the following are changes with respect to 0.9, the 'unofficial new release':
- IMPORTANT: YOU MUST DELETE PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION
- bugfix: centre button no longer blocked when nothing assigned to it
Newly found bug: when long press assigned with Apt, and centre is pressed shorter, the key-reinjection doesn't
work (i.e. activating the focused control doesn't work).
- bugfix: apps with odd fonts were making a mess of Apt's message boxes
- recent apps action: if it's in a star menu, and there aren't enough recents apps
fill with null to preserve positions of other action in the star
- added 'Add Tap' and 'Add Stroke' to Apt menu, enters a completely new stroke
for the current target app. Rearranged Apt menu.
- added treo volup, voldown, side button triggers
- bugfix: hiding/backup popups work on non-*Default* apps
- bugfix: handle failing to set backup/hiding attribute correctly
- report error trying to change ROM app attributes
- bugfix: any relative strokes defined would block e.g. scrolling. New method more likely
to trigger something underneath (rel strokes only), but should not block anything.
- non-*Default* apps now have maximum triggers available
- bugfix: last row multi was not being handled correctly
Neither of those links work? (404 error)
Apols, should know by now to always check those.
You know you got a good thing going when enotar can't find a serious bug in the first 20 minutes :-)
The tAIB Resouce ID 1000, Bit Depth 16, Low Density Icon has that pink around it. (looks like that was still linked to the old file when you compiled ;) ).
OK see it thanks.
I havn't changed the reset launch if that's what you mean.
Here are a couple easy fixes. As I was going through your online docs and found that the two following links under "Getting Started" don't work.
6. Try setting up a button trigger here
7. Try setting up a grafitti trigger here
So far, so good with the app.
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!! is an arguement (paramater, etc.)
edit: idea: AptScript:
WAITFORM Apt ;Form name
WAITSEC 3 ;wait seconds
IF 1=1 ;break if false
TAP 1000 ;Control ID
PRESS 1 ;1=HB1
; Repeats forever (or not?)
Huh? that was an example...
Hey folks, this looks more & more exciting. Those of you who know stuff like the programming hooks like icefire & enotar - how's about putting in some explanation for those of us who only know how to use apps... some 'hows' & 'whys' of use - besides the 'what this is'.
Also some strategic 'conceptually why you would want to use feature x,y,z & how, so Pent doesn't have to concentrate so much on writing the documentation, & can polish this puppy.... That's what helping others on this forum is all about.... I'm not criticizing, just trying to rally the more knowledgeable troops to help those less sophisticated & to bring focus on the hows & whys which make a great app even more useable & thereby help Pent sell more copies
If we can work together & help each other, this app can really take off & help Pent do who knows how much more for the Palm community & justifiedly line his pockets with some well earned income...
I've already asked for a full version.... & I'm willing to pay now... let's let our digital pocketbooks do the talking once Pent releases what should be THE Rookie of the Year & MVP app.... :cool:
Will test later, Pgr mentioned problems with the keys for unlock too. Is it the full screen lock, or the partial, or both ?
Dunno. Is this a language, pseudocode, proposal for Apt feature or what ? I only recognize the bottom 2 lines.
I like these easy bugs :-)
Much nicer than 'after I've been using Apt for a few days my palm seems to get unstable somehow'.
Edit: did you try the brightness dimming ? I know it's not as good as a tailored solution, but has the advantage that it can do lots of other things too.
The next 'feature' will be registration code handling :-)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.