1src Forums

1src Forums (http://www.1src.com/forums/index.php)
-   Clie NX-series (http://www.1src.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Im Scared (http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10110)

radmacd 04-07-2003 10:26 PM

Im Scared

Hey,

This is my first post here.

Im a bit shaken by the past few days. I kinda, spur of the moment, sold my Casio EM500 PPC and, for 400 American, picked up a NX70V. I am waiting on shipment and I guess im looking for a bit of hand holding. The last time ive used a palm was my old IIIxe. Ive done lots of reading and I think I should be very satisified but I would love to hear some conversion stories and maybe some tips for a new PalmOS5 user.

Thanks for all the help.

=)

rhart00 04-07-2003 11:21 PM

you won't be disappointed

nike33 04-07-2003 11:24 PM

Go back, GO BACK, GO BACK WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!

Awh.......Just Kiddin

Welcome!

This forum has got to be the best source of info and help

Again WELCOME!

jedix 04-07-2003 11:28 PM

Welcome! Please look around. You will find many great stories at cliesource.

n2ifp 04-07-2003 11:44 PM

Re: Im Scared

Quote:
Originally posted by radmacd
Hey,

This is my first post here.

Im a bit shaken by the past few days. I kinda, spur of the moment, sold my Casio EM500 PPC and, for 400 American, picked up a NX70V. I am waiting on shipment and I guess im looking for a bit of hand holding. The last time ive used a palm was my old IIIxe. Ive done lots of reading and I think I should be very satisified but I would love to hear some conversion stories and maybe some tips for a new PalmOS5 user.

Thanks for all the help.

=)

Please stay calm :)!

What conversions do you need to do?

Or do you just want a story?

Once I got my hands on a Sony, I never let go!

I left the HPC/PPC world and never looked back!!!

I hope you enjoy your new unit when you get it!

radmacd 04-07-2003 11:46 PM

Few quick questions.

Does OS5 have any "Today Screen" functionality?

Is the NX70V still considered the high end "fancy schmancy" model? =)

What kinda cases do you guys use?

Andyvan 04-07-2003 11:55 PM

> Does OS5 have any "Today Screen" functionality?

Not built in, though you can find them around.

> Is the NX70V still considered the high end "fancy schmancy" model? =)

Well, sorta. The NZ90 is higher-end, but bigger and more expensive. The NX70 has the same processor, CPU speed and memory size, and screen size. The NZ90 has a much better camera, better keyboard, and a few other less important advantages. Mainly, it's the better camera.

-- Andyvan

aaronrkelly 04-08-2003 12:02 AM

I do not have an OS5 model but there are quite a few palm programs that emulate the PPC today screen - I use one called - Today. Its freeware and works with OS5 - Facer and Wassup are a few others but they are commercial. The link for Today is below.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...E3&prodID=38922

I consider the NX70V to be fancy schmancy - good buy.

Sorry I cannot help you with this as I dont have the fancy NX70V :-)

prismatic 04-08-2003 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by radmacd
Few quick questions.

Does OS5 have any "Today Screen" functionality?

Is the NX70V still considered the high end "fancy schmancy" model? =)

What kinda cases do you guys use?

Check out Facer the latest version is 1.61 at the link below:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sh...mp;prodID=43849

It is a pretty good PPC Today screen replacement and launcher. There are many great program launchers for the Palm, besides Facer I have also been using zlauncher which is also available at Palmgear.

I purchased a Krusell leather case with multiadapt system for my Clie NX70V, its relatively inexpensive <$29 with spring clip and offers good protection, especially for the money.

T1000X 04-08-2003 01:17 AM

Hey, I moved from a TG50 to the NX70V and I love the extra screen! Nothing beats watching my old Transformer episodes while I'm on the go - in a nice large widescreen format. It puts envy into all PPC users I show the screen, and then I show them what "their" screen looks like on mine. It's hard seeing grown men cry, but I'm used to it ;-).

I myself went to the Dark Side (the PPC OS as some of us call it) for a while. I'll give the PPC OS the shadow of the doubt for having more PC like programs, but that's about it. The NX series blows the PPC models out of the water when it comes to multimedia capabilities.

tantousha 04-08-2003 01:54 AM

So...where'd you find an NX70 for $400? I'm thinking of upgrading to a TG50 mostly cause of the price gap between it and the NX70...but if I can scrounge up an NX70 for the same price..heck...why not...

michael1960 04-08-2003 02:02 AM

Hi radmacd,

I hope your NX70 will arrive soon. I am sure you will love it. :) I have tried out a couple of other devices, a SHARP Zaurus, a PPC Loox... but none of them can beat the SONY devices. Personally I really loved the NR70, because it seems slimmer and more stylish than the NX70 to me and so far the CF slot of the NX70 was of no use for me. But as we all know by now, this will change pretty soon because the memory drivers are on their way.

About cases... with the NR70 I actually never used one! I just closed the device with the screen on the inside and put it in my pocket. With the NX70 I am still thinking about it. But chances are that I will do the same.

It is true that the camera of the NZ90 is much better, but the device is much bigger and heavier. With the NX70 you still have the surprise factor when you take some pictures or a movie while being out with your friends. And picture quality is not so bad.

One thing that seems really, really important to me is to get a SCREEN PROTECTOR as soon as possible before you start to use the NX70 intensively. It is really easy to scratch the surface of the screen. :(

n2ifp 04-08-2003 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tantousha
So...where'd you find an NX70 for $400? I'm thinking of upgrading to a TG50 mostly cause of the price gap between it and the NX70...but if I can scrounge up an NX70 for the same price..heck...why not...

How about $359.00?

http://www.cliesource.com/forums/sh...p;threadid=9991

Jag 04-08-2003 09:08 AM

You will be very happy with your purchase and you can find all the help/assistance you will need on this site.

PDADiddy 04-08-2003 10:00 AM

rock on new user