PDA

View Full Version : LG, what will you hope they do?

dragonsgames
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM
LG is the newest company to make Palm OS handhelds. So far, we have no rumors of what kind of handheld they are making (that I know of). What do you think the new LG handhelds or most likely smartphones will be like (or hope will be like)? A Clie type smartphone would be nice (stuck in the past http://www.1src.com/forums/images/smilie/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif).

Antoine
07-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Paying attention to how they have released models and what they lack in their product portfolio, I would garner than we would see a device like the Clie UX series with an integrated phone compoent to compete against other communicator style devices. And then a few palmOS feature phones (similar to teh GSPDA M68) with a full smartphone that would go against teh Treo 650. I doubt we would see more than two devices announced when they fnially do announce a device though.

Brjlk
07-21-2005, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Antoine] Clie UX series with an integrated phone compoent to compete against other communicator style devices.

Hi Antoine,
That's would be great. I always found the smartphone screens too small.
I'm sure the will include a built in digicam too.

John

JAmerican
07-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I too would love to see a UX-style (Clamshell/Tablet device) released with GSM/GPRS built-in. :) This would be the ultimate device.

Dick Tracy
07-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I do not expect to see PDAs at all yet expect to see various cellphones with integration to LG's HomNet product family (home appliances controlled through internet). This may not be available in the US but I can see it taking off in other markets.

dragonsgames
07-28-2005, 12:59 AM
I do not expect to see PDAs at all

Wait, you don't think LG will make PDAs right now, or ever?

If your answer is right now, I agree.

If your answer is ever, why the heck do you think PalmSource signed them for?

Dick Tracy
07-28-2005, 08:33 AM
PalmSource (not Palm, formerly PalmOne, formerly Palm) signed with LG. What LG wants to do with the Operating System is up to them. Palm has nothing to do with it, unless they buy PalmSource.

dragonsgames
02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
They paid to be able to use it, right?

palo1
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM
They could use it on a cell phone like a Treo

p

dragonsgames
02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Why even try to compete with the Treo? Unless you make a much thinner version with a better camera.... ;)

rcxAsh
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
My guess would probably be a SmartPhone... Though, a vanilla PDA would be nice of course.

It really makes me wonder if they'll just pull another "Sony?"

Their main market has never been PDAs... Neither was Sony's. Thus, going for vanilla PDAs, I wonder how they'd do.. It might be too risky to jump into that market you think? That is, if they were watching Sony?

Among other things, I know them largely for their appliances, monitors/TVs, phones and notebooks and IBM's ThinkPads.

Thus, I probably sit in the boat that they'll use it for their phones. Time will tell...