PDA

View Full Version : Key Quick and the BACK key

bountybar
05-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm a recently converted Pocket PC man trying to get me head round key quick and all things palm and I'm stuck with 2 things.

1. I want to reassign or dissable the BACK key as I keep hitting it by mistake and jumping out of the program I'm in. Is this possible with Key Quick and if so what can it be assigned to ?

2. When I'm filling in a form with several fields in it how can I move between them without using a stylus?

:confused:

antoinepierre
05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm a recently converted Pocket PC man trying to get me head round key quick and all things palm and I'm stuck with 2 things.

1. I want to reassign or dissable the BACK key as I keep hitting it by mistake and jumping out of the program I'm in. Is this possible with Key Quick and if so what can it be assigned to ?

2. When I'm filling in a form with several fields in it how can I move between them without using a stylus?

:confused:
Welcome.
1. I'm not 100% sure but I think it is not possible with KeyQuick.
2. Did you try Ctrl+p = next field and Ctrl+o (oscar) = previous field ?
This is not in KQ, it's standard, look in Ctrl+k.
For more explanations about KQ, follow my signature. ;)

bountybar
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback I had already read your postings on key quick a few times which got me this far. On each reading the darkness clears a little and clarity seems just round the corner!

1. I suspected that might be the case, one lives in hope

2. I tried using Ctrl p and o but it has no effect, anyone got any other ideas? The particular program I'm using is called tradesman from andychapman.net

JAmerican
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback I had already read your postings on key quick a few times which got me this far. On each reading the darkness clears a little and clarity seems just round the corner!

1. I suspected that might be the case, one lives in hope

2. I tried using Ctrl p and o but it has no effect, anyone got any other ideas? The particular program I'm using is called tradesman from andychapman.net

Try this.

Get Hi-Launcher. It will shorten the usage of your stylus tremendously. Also, press and hold the JOG Dial for a pink hi-lighter to come up and you can scroll through a programs, buttons, drop-down lists, lists, etc.

JAmerican

Sharkk717
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
if you want to disable your back button, download SharkBtn and assign Back to None

regards, sharky

bountybar
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Downloaded Sharky's suggestion and now my Back button brings up the brightness slider :)

Still working on the moving between fields on Tradesman, pressing and hold on the jog button does let me move around the screen to select options but I don't cycle through the text fields

Thanks to all above for their helpfull suggestions - keep them coming

antoinepierre
05-12-2005, 02:28 AM
I don't use tradesman.

Did you try to get the pink cursor (control tap) then press "m" ?