PDA

View Full Version : My new toy :) Xplore M28

kentchan9999
01-02-2005, 08:44 PM
I have been using my ux50 since it first came to the market. I have been wondering whether I should leave the camp and switch to PPC after Sony's withdrawal. Now I have found a smartphone that totally replaced my ux50 and spare me to bring along a mobile phone. I am talking about Xplore M28. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I have transplanted all my mpeg movies, mp3, and utility programmes from my ux50 to M28 and they all run happily. Furthermore, I have better management of my SMS messages as well.

http://www.alphatech.com.my/product/xplore/m28.htm

knotnututhis
01-02-2005, 10:29 PM
I dont understand why some people are bailing out of the Palm market b/c they are falling behind. If you have a unit & it does what you need it to do, whats the reason for switching?? Cadillac stopped making Eldorado's. That doesnt mean since they aren't making anymore, a person that owns one should trade it in. I've read alot about people thinking about switching to PPC for this strange reason & I dont understand. :rolleyes:

crazy_smeggie
01-03-2005, 01:22 AM
I didn't see WiFi or Bluetooth in the Specs. Did I miss something?

SMEGGIE :D

golalmo
01-03-2005, 02:04 AM
where is the qwerty keyboard?? :eek:

.PoNeH
01-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't see the inovative clamshell design that nobody can say is not a big advantage. I also don't see a 320x480 resolution, only a mere 176x220 (ewww).

kentchan9999
01-03-2005, 03:37 AM
All of you are right. There is no bluetooth, Wi Fi in M28, and the screen is smaller. The form factor is definitely beyond compare with our beloved ux50. I just want to share my joy of finding a new innovative palm product, and I would like to give praise to innovative companies working in the Palm camp providing us with more choices.
M28 may not suit all of you, but it is kind of handy to me. I used to bring along my Sony T630 togehter with my ux50. Battery life (of either) had been a major obstacle for internet (and somehow I had very frequent broken GPRS connections). Now I only need a much smaller unit, and the battery lasts much much longer movie, mp3. Internet connection through GPRS is a joy. I hope to see more and better palm smartphones, as I love all my palm programs.

JAmericanUX40
01-03-2005, 06:47 AM
This is JAmerican, couldn't login for some reason. Anyway, that device has a faster processor then the UX, cheaper flash memory and newer Palm OS version. But I am a fan of QWERTY keyboards. Can't only use graffiti. How do you use media like videos and music if that isn't a SONY device? Take some screenshots for us. If you don't know any screenshot software, use HRCapt and DALauncher.

JAmerican

Pdaman
01-03-2005, 07:46 AM
That is good phone, i mean that better than those nokia "smart" phones... however i don't understand why you didn't buy treo 650?