View Full Version : Hotsynch problem
01-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Suddenly I cannot hotsynch. My SJ-20 says it cannot make the connection. Cable is OK, infact I can connect with MSImort and Export just fine, but no hotsynching. Nothing starts - it cannot find my PC. I've changed nothing. Soft reset did not help. What does anyone recommend? Should I uninstall and reload the Palm desktop software? If I do so will all my 3rd party synchs (DocsToGo, Smartlist, ePocrates, iSilo, etc.) be lost? Thnaks for the help.
01-19-2003, 05:34 AM
No, all the files will still be there. You can uninstall and reinstall Palm Desktop safely without worry.
01-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Right click on your Hotsync icon in your PC's system tray and click on "Custom." Make note of your 3rd party sync (write them down if numerous. Then after uninstall/reinstall of Palm desktop, check to see if your PC talks to your Clie. If it does, then go back into Custom and make sure the 3rd parties are there. If any are missing, reload that app. That should do it. ;)
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I reinstalled Plam desktop and it returned to normal. No explination for this behaviour.
01-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Sony should start writing better programs for hot syncing. Experienced this before, and Sony support wants me to do several things:
- Remove all USB connections except clie (which is ridiculous, no one can live with just clie alone in their USB ports)
- Try to remove the Clie driver by looking at all files and delete (again you need to be a Microsoft programmer for this one!)
- Install/reinstall several times
- Finally when it does not work, support says my Computer USB is the problem (when all my printers, digital camera etc are not having problems!)
- Support wants me to reformat and use Clie only in my USB!
aaaah Sony is wasting their money paying all the support people who does not know what they are doing.
I did not reformat, I just uninstall and reinstall program and it just worked!
If it did not, I should have returned my clie and not enjoying what a nice PDA it is. I love my clie's, hope Sony makes their programs easily compatible and user friendly.
01-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the help I'll try the uninstall/reinstall tomorrow AM.
vBulletin v3.0.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.