PDA

View Full Version : Movie Recorder_ Crashed, Need Help!!

MAX_KL
08-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I have installed the movie recorder.prc and it works fine in the begining. However it crashed after I change the effect setting to "negative art".
It gave me this massage and now it could not be activated anymore.

MULTIMEDIA SYSTER ERROR:
Error occured in Multimedia System Recorder will abort.

I have tried to remove & reinstall the movie recorder.prc again by using fileZ but apparently the problem still remain. My movie recorder doesn't work anymore. Still giving me the same error massage.

PS: I also removed the self create file Movie Recorder_SaMr_appl.SaMr file.

Thanks in advance if anybody could help.

New user of TH55
Max.

KnightM
08-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Here's one way: Hard reset and re-install the app.. (and everything else)

reny
08-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Here's one way: Hard reset and re-install the app.. (and everything else)

do a search on this forum and there are many suggestions... i'm still reading them.

don't hard reset first. and don't sync your clie after the problem happens. it'll save your selection on the special effect on the movie recorder which is giving u the problem.

i tried deleting the saved preference file but it messed up my saved preference later, though it solved the movie recorder problem.

if you try replacing the saved preference file on your clie with the one from your backup on the pc, it may work.

just remember not to select the special effects on the movie recorder again (except b&w and sephia i think)

Max_kl
08-22-2004, 12:25 PM
This may sound silly but what do you mean by hard reset ??

I did press the reset button before and re-install it. Didn't work.
Also erase everything (i mean all application and back to orignal) once, restore backup & instal movie recorder.prc again. Didn't work too.

When I activate the recorder, it was still with the negative art setting. Each time when I reinstall the program the setting doesn't change back to default....could this be be some sort of setting save on the memory which could not be overide even after re-install the prc file ?

Max.

Max_kl
08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Reny- I which file is the saved preference data ?
I have also tried copy the prc file from MS to the CLIE without sync/quick install.
No luck so far.

Thanks all for the quick reply.

Max.

Max_kl
08-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Does any more expert has other suggestions to this ?
I desperately need to run this program for my project.
Pls. helppppp.

Desperate
Max.

carry93
08-23-2004, 09:38 AM
This is the way I find in another forum. It is suggested that you DO NOT install "movie recorder", instead, use MS Import to move to your Memory Stick. Then use File manager to "COPY" or "MOVE" the movie recorder to your palm.

Of course, before you try the steps above. Remove the file movie recorder and perform a "soft reset".

Hope this help.