View Full Version : Zire 31 or Tungsten E
05-06-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm planning to buy my first PDA and was at first considering Zire 31, but was then somewhat discouraged by the low resolution display. So now I'm leaning towards Tungsten E, but I have just a few questions that I hope someone could answer.
1. How big is the difference between the displays?
2. Is PalmOS 5.2.8 much better than 5.2.1?
3. Is it important that Zire 31 has a faster processor than TE?
4. Are there any other reasons to buy Zire 31 instead of TE?
I would really appreciate your help.
05-07-2004, 12:29 AM
1. Huge (4x) 160 x 160 vs. 320 x 320. Once you go HiRes, you'll never go back.
2. There are some improvements to the launcher and the calendar.
3. Probably not.
4. No, have you actually seen how poor the screen on the 31 is?
05-07-2004, 07:58 AM
If you can afford the extra ~$50 go for the TE. It has a vastly better screen. It has 4 times the pixels of the Zire 31. Also, it comes with DocumentsToGo 6 which would cost you most of that price difference if you added it to the 31. Not to mention DTG would be virtually useless on the 31 with the resolution issue.
As for processor, it is doubtful you will notice the difference. The differences in the OS are minimal and shouldn't affect your decision.
05-09-2004, 08:06 PM
my prob. is t/e or wait 4 a new palm miney is not a problem
05-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Sorry I don't mean to flatter you but yeah, for 50 more bucks i'd rather go wtih the E ...
05-14-2004, 01:48 PM
The E it is then, thanks a lot for your advice everybody.
05-14-2004, 02:14 PM
No tungsten e or zire 31 go to zire 72 !!!
It have tungsten e and zire 31 bossibilities and more so buy that...
I will buy it anyway next summer from Florida (three weeks left)...
vBulletin v3.0.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.