PDA

View Full Version : SJ22 charging questions

davek
03-30-2004, 09:31 AM
I've been allowing my battery to get below 10% before I charge up (to avoid battery memory problems). Is this necessary? Have others used other charging methods with success? I use it all day, they my wife and kids play games in the evening to run the battery out. I plug it in as I go to bed and it's ready for another day in the morning.

I've a friend who charged his hit and miss. Now when he plugs in the charger, he gets the charge light but the battery display flashes between the lightning bolt and the battery status. The Clie does not charge. Is his battery gone?

lee555
03-30-2004, 10:43 AM
You don't have to worry about battery memory problems, as these new lithium batteries can be charged irregardless of how much charge it still has. I charge mine usaually when the barttery meter reads 60%.

As to your friend's charging problems, I experienced that too, I don't think there is anything wrong with his battery, the problem seems to lie with Sony"s charging cable, you have to carefully position the socket of the cable to get it to charge properly, because it doesn't fit snugly into your clie.

Solution??
Get a cradle, or a sync charge usb cable, or a travel charger, the cables produced by Bando or Innopocket have sockets that fit snugly on your Clie.

Unregistered
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks lee555. I'll not worry about charging and pass those words onto my friend. (I'm also getting him to register so he can post his own questions!!)