PDA

View Full Version : Good sources for headphones for TH-55?

Aces
02-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm used to the headphones that came with my SJ-33.  I really like the volume control along the wires.  But it's connection at the PDA sticks straight out of the hole.  Since the TH-55 has the headphone jack on the side, it would be nice to have a pair of headphones that are at 90 degrees there.  Some have criticized the sond quality of even these headphones, but I found them more than adequate.  Does anyone know of any brands/models that would have all these properties?

mrSONYman
02-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Aces
I'm used to the headphones that came with my SJ-33.  I really like the volume control along the wires.  But it's connection at the PDA sticks straight out of the hole.  Since the TH-55 has the headphone jack on the side, it would be nice to have a pair of headphones that are at 90 degrees there.  Some have criticized the sond quality of even these headphones, but I found them more than adequate.  Does anyone know of any brands/models that would have all these properties?

Yep get these they are great I have about 3 sets of them and you can get them from Sony. They have the volume control on the wire and they have a 90 degee "L" shapped plug so you can fit your TH55 in the case or jacket without fear of breaking the headphone jack plug-in.

Just type in the model number on the sony style web site.

"Sony's MDR-E829V Fontopia® Ear-Bud Headphones features High Quality 16mm driver units, Neodymium Magnets for powerful bass and clear treble sound, Sony Acoustic Twin Turbo™ circuit uses sound chamber and ducts for improved efficiency, in-line volume control, compact winding case supplied and super light in the ear design fits snuggly yet comfortably. $14.99 a pair"

:cool:

andrewcoffin
02-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Take a look at the Sony MDREX71SL model. These don't have a built in volume control, but they sound incredible for earbuds:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_MDR_EX71SL/4505-6468_7-30520512.html

They're expensive, but I own them and use them with the TH55, and love the combination...

Aces
02-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by mrSONYman

Yep get these they are great I have about 3 sets of them and you can get them from Sony. They have the volume control on the wire and they have a 90 degee "L" shapped plug so you can fit your TH55 in the case or jacket without fear of breaking the headphone jack plug-in.

Just type in the model number on the sony style web site.

"Sony's MDR-E829V Fontopia® Ear-Bud Headphones features ...."

:cool:

Thanks, mrSONYman!  I checked on the web and they not only do what my old ones do (with the L shaped end), but they have a case too.  I went to 3 stores before I found them at a "Fred Meyers" store here in Seattle.:D

halo_gps
02-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Sony MDR-EX71SL
or
Sony MDR-EX51SL (Cheaper, but the sound is also great)

krypticide
02-29-2004, 08:30 AM
If you want real sound (and don't want to spend THAT much), get some Shure E3s...about $180 retail, and AWESOME sound. :D

PCMaven
02-29-2004, 08:51 AM
I've used the Sony MDR-EX71SL's since I got my T-665 and see no reason to change them now...They sound great and you can get them for around $35 I think if you search the web...

sigelang
03-01-2004, 08:36 AM
a built-in BT. One can buy a BT headphone for less than $50 nowadays.

KwaiFeh
03-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Sigelang:

I assume it's because you want to save yourself the hassle of wires, but don't those consume more energy than regular ones? Further more, what doesn't the fact of going to BT reduce sound quality?

Personally I would just go with regular wired headphones, i've used them all my life so they don't seem like a bother to me.

enderenya
03-08-2004, 07:23 AM
what about volume control? Does anyone use an extension/volume control with the Sony MDR-EX71SL's ?

I was thinking of using them with something like this (http://www.minidiscaccess.com/item.html?PRID=1436353) ... Any other ideas?

Unregistered
03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sigelang
a built-in BT. One can buy a BT headphone for less than $50 nowadays.
Can you provide a link? The lowest-priced one I found was around $200.

c0mm0n
03-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I've just ordered ex71, very rare and expensive in france...36€ :(

Forget about BT
- it's not supported by the actual bt stack
- actual bt profile implemented in cellphones ain't delivering high quality audio ; for this we shall wait for AD2P profile which isn't featured in any product i've heard of yet (excepts a few headsets announced, but you won't be happy with a headset and no compatible audiio source :P )

golalmo
03-08-2004, 12:56 PM
i recommand the sony mdr-nc11 (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=S2FHY4M3KVZHUsN79CJNaMwmqpCsrNjSHnQ=?CategoryName=pa_Headphones_NoiseCanceling&ProductSKU=MDRNC11&Dept=pa) , which are noise canceling earphones.
the best i had for sure. can be found on ebay for half the price.

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/250x250/MDRNC11.jpg

TWG
03-14-2004, 08:34 AM
HI,

I personally choosed the headphones:

Bang & Olufsen A8

Made of aluminium with superb soundquality for that little earbuds.
I'm using them with my iPod and it can blast your ears of ;-)

The headphones costs 130 Euros here in Germany.

Greetings from Germany