PDA

View Full Version : Need a MQV Movie player for PC

r3dlin3
12-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Help!

I'm trying to archive/view movies on my PC.

I know that I have to transfer the MQV files and MAI files to a PC but I can't find an application to view them with. The sony manual and PDFs say to use Picture Gear Studio and if anything refer to the help manuals in them to learn how to sort out your movies but it doesn't seem like the program recognizes the clie movie formats

How do you clie users sort out your movies?
I know the MAI files only provide...thumbnail type of info but I'd like to keep them too. Can I just dump all the MAI files into a folder with the MQV files and have them interrelate?

What do you guys reccomend?

anitanium
12-09-2003, 03:47 AM
rename the MQV's into MOV
and play using quicktime..

u can also SEARCH....

r3dlin3
12-09-2003, 05:52 AM
yes i checked around on this site and found the mqv to mov under the tips and tricks section.

I was trying to sort pix and movies so i can burn/print them out in time for xmas. I wasgetting so frustrated that i couldnt find any info about viewing movies on the pc (info that was helpful) in any of the supplied sony documents/discs. I'm a big Sony fan and I know that they're usually pretty good about covering their bases.

This is my first time on the site and just happened to stumble upon it. thanks again for the quick reply. i'll try not to panic next time and pull a newbie maneuver.

anitanium
12-09-2003, 07:20 AM
everyone's done it =)

tonyreynolds
12-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by r3dlin3
yes i checked around on this site and found the mqv to mov under the tips and tricks section.

wellllllll.... at least you actually DID a search. Welcome to our 'little' club.

Tony