PDA

View Full Version : replacing lcd

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:02 AM
hi all i had an acident with my n610c, ball dropped on it, the lcd broke, (funny the screen did not) the clie worked, i hotsynced and all data was present. is there some place i can buy new lcd? no 610 on ebay, can i buy a 710 or 760 is lcd the same?
thank you and please pardon my english

DanT
07-27-2003, 08:04 AM
I think N-610C and N-760C have the same LCD.  The only difference that I know is that N-610C has no MP3 which is a separate chip from the main CPU.  That is why, I think, I can listen to MP3 on the background while playing games or doing other stuff with N760C or with the CPU off (hold button on).

I could not find any company that sells the LCD either. There are several companies that sell the glass screen but not LCD. The best bet would be to buy dead Clie from eBay. This one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3037143271&category=38331) is on bid with 2.5 days remaining to closing as of now. That's how I got my stash. LCD and LED (front light) are two items that may wear out some day and I would like to have a replacement spare handy. It may be cheaper, but you'll still risking that the LCD may not work.

You also may ask PDA Parts.com (gethigtech.com) (http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CP) the same question.  I see a complete set of LCD, digitizer, and glass screen in there for T-415 but not for N-series, which is strange since I would think that there are more N-series Clie out there than T-415. 

Moparmike
07-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Yes, the 610 uses the same screen components as the 710/760.
If you can find a parts unit on eBay, go for it.

trevor_d
08-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi,
I'm selling my 610C for parts, if you want it. Recently, the "Home" button and menu button became unresponsive, so I've given up in frustration. I've done the hard reset, the "nuke" and everything I can think of, and it won't respond right. I think there's something wrong with the silkscreen pad, but the screen itself is fine, so make an offer. I can be very reasonable.

GP

Cheap Guy
08-17-2003, 03:49 PM
T D, I'm in Grand Rapids. Are you still offering your broken 610 for sale?:confused:

trevor_d
08-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Hi,
I was able to sell the N610C and some accessories to a quick-moving Cliesourcer.

Sorry.

G