PDA

View Full Version : PSP and palm devices

philpalm
04-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Looks like I am chosing to keep this thread up concerning the use of PSP and the use of Palm devices.

Sony Clie is not dead but lives on in PSP. In PsP slim you can use a browser from Netfront and view movies using either UMW discs or movies stored on a MemoryStick.

Since Sony also makes cameras you could also use a camera add on (Available for Europe and Japan but exportable and usable for US PSP, called Chottoshot) and the included photo viewer.

I don't recommend the use of hacks to allow for some of the PSP games, the main revenue stream for Sony is the licensing of games. Too much stealing of games would cause Sony to give up in updating the PSP.

------------------------------------------
As I have time I will add links to various threads on PSP. Post # 2 will talk about my experience in sharing movie files between PSP and Palm.

philpalm
04-14-2009, 12:34 AM
One way palm devices and PSP can share the same files is via MP4. There are many websites that provide PSP usable MP4 files. Palm using TCPMP can also use the same MP4 files but the present TCPMP requires you to notice the missing codex because your sound will be missing. (work arounds are available PM me and I will give you clues on how to do it)
Here is a tantalysing post about some problems using TCPMP:
http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=257882

A MP4 file formatted for PSP is not the same for a TX (though someone could make better fitting files). Some files may appear squashed and others will be with large black areas on top and bottom of screen. Even though I have a TH-55 I haven't tried TCPMP but why would I need to play movies on the TH-55 when I can just use PSP which is more replaceable and easier to obtain parts and service?

philpalm
04-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Psp and palm devices can share the ir keyboard:
http://askville.amazon.com/configure-PSP-IR-Targus-Universal-Wireless-Keyboard/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2689212

Note that PSP phat has Ir port. The PSP slim eliminated that option. Since there is no bluetooth, just wifi a possible keyboard would have to connect directly if it was hacked to use a keyboard.