PDA

View Full Version : Who uses security apps such as PDA Defense?

GLORYBEARER
01-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Hello there,

I've been considering buying PDA Defense because it seems like one of the best security applications out there, but I don't really have any use for it at the moment. I just want to know who actually uses security applications (ex. PDA Defense, etc.)? And if you do, for what reason? :)

aps
01-24-2003, 01:20 AM
I use PDADefense with my T615 and love it. The main reason for using this program is to secure the information contained therein. You really have to ask yourself one question. If for some reason another person gets a hold of your device (i.e. by way of loss or theft) how comfortable are you about what information they have access to. I use my PDA for both work and personal reasons, and have synced tons of info that should not be viewed by others for various reasons. Although I always have control of my device, you can never be too careful. Hell, being a victim of robbery is not so far fetched; or how about being a victim of a car accident and you are unable to control your belongings. I can think of many examples, but I'm sure you get the point. Sure, one may think these are far fetched, others may agree. To each his own. PDADefense acts as my layer of security, or my safety net. In the event my device gets into the wrong hands, I realize I may have lost my device forever or temporarily; but, at least I can sleep well knowing that the sensitive info contained therein will either remain inaccessible on the device or wiped out completely due to prying eyes.

I've configured my device to lockup after every hour the device is not in use or when I press the power button; all info will be deleted if my device is not synced within a specified time; and when locked, all info will be erased if a person fails to enter the correct password x amount of times. And, if a good person happens to come across my PDA and turn it on, my contact info is available to them.

Hope this helps.

aps

GLORYBEARER
01-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Wow Aps! Thanks for the most excellent explanatory reply. You've convinced me of the importance of having such an application. It looks like I'll be purchasing PDA Defense after all. ;)